Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 08:13 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big L View Post
The surface streets that lead from the New Northside Drive/Northside Drive/Powers Ferry Road exit on I-285 are small roads that obviously were not designed for the potential capacity of game day traffic. If you have minor backups simply from people trying to turn into an office park, then imagine a baseball crowd on those same streets. You will eventually hit larger roads after that, but the damage and congestion would have already been done by that point. Combine that with typical Cobb Cloverleaf weekday traffic and you can imagine how the streets will look. The Windy Hill exit from I-75 has always been a poorly-designed mess. A good number of changes would have to be made since they plan for that to be one of the main exit for the stadium.

I used to work within walking distance of SunTrust Park. Plain and simple, this whole thing was poorly planned. Anyone who has ever worked in or around the new stadium knows how the area looks during rush hour. Hell, I drove by there after leaving Pappasito's the other night and I am STILL trying to figure out where the hell everyone is going to park. I know that some say that the local offices could sell parking to their decks and lots, but the area will still be a Charlie Foxtrot around game time.
Windy Hill Rd at 75 is already being upgraded to the Diverging Diamond https://cobbcounty.org/index.php?opt...130&Itemid=596
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 08:48 AM

847 posts, read 1,458,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Windy Hill Rd at 75 is already being upgraded to the Diverging Diamond https://cobbcounty.org/index.php?opt...130&Itemid=596

Hopefully, that helps a little.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:57 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times
Someone who lies to sneak a massive train wreck of a deal that is the Braves deal doesn't require any additional "lies" about him. Lee screwed the county and this will have massive implications.

Nobody who is "strongly pro transit" would have pushed this deal.

Lee is a terrible person who should be in jail.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:13 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
I don't know why but I don't hate Tim Lee.

What was he supposed to do when the Braves came knocking?

My personal opinion is that city and county governments should quit kowtowing to pro sports billionaires, although that seems to have become an embedded part of American political culture. At least Tim Lee held a bunch of public hearings on the matter, which is more than we usually see.

Will this pay off for Cobb in the long run? In the short term it certainly seems to have spurred a lot of positive development but only time will truly tell.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:27 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post

My personal opinion is that city and county governments should quit kowtowing to pro sports billionaires, although that seems to have become an embedded part of American political culture. At least Tim Lee held a bunch of public hearings on the matter, which is more than we usually see.

Will this pay off for Cobb in the long run? In the short term it certainly seems to have spurred a lot of positive development but only time will truly tell.
He should have done in depth research into whether or not it would be good for the county (these deals almost never are). Instead, he got star-f**ked by a major league baseball team and the opportunity to stick it to Atlanta.

What public hearings?

Old 06-24-2016, 09:51 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,122,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post

What public hearings?
The two "hearings" he stacked with pro-Braves supporters.

Old 06-24-2016, 09:54 AM

32,026 posts, read 36,796,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
He should have done in depth research into whether or not it would be good for the county (these deals almost never are). Instead, he got star-f**ked by a major league baseball team and the opportunity to stick it to Atlanta.

What public hearings?
They had several of them. Remember when the Tea Party and other antis were getting on their case?

Old 06-24-2016, 09:56 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,872,089 times
Quote:

Take a bus over to Gwinnett County and get their feedback on their experience with the Braves and stadium deals.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:07 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,877 times
Quote:
They had several of them. Remember when the Tea Party and other antis were getting on their case?
Yeah, after the deal was done.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:11 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Pretty pathetic attitude from Cobb county.

Continually refuse to implement transit options so the streets clog up, then offload your overcrowded road traffic to other regions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta