Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2018, 08:59 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,944,468 times

Advertisements

Who would buy a timeshare on Centennial Park? Who wants 2-4 weeks to stay there every year? I'm sure they have thought this through and have data to back it up, but I'm not seeing it working out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2018, 10:38 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,248,834 times
This is going to be run by Wyndham Resorts. Their business model is similar to a typical timeshare, but the "purchasers" can stay in ANY Wyndham. I don't think this will be any different.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:50 AM

23,450 posts, read 44,061,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
This is going to be run by Wyndham Resorts. Their business model is similar to a typical timeshare, but the "purchasers" can stay in ANY Wyndham. I don't think this will be any different.
It actually makes sense, since they are adopting this concept for the NYC and Nashville hotels as well. Once they get a decent portfolio of ownership hotels, it may actually attract folks to them.

Old 06-09-2018, 11:38 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,248,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
It actually makes sense, since they are adopting this concept for the NYC and Nashville hotels as well. Once they get a decent portfolio of ownership hotels, it may actually attract folks to them.
I think they'll do just fine. I was in New Orleans a few years back, and was asked by a Wydham salesperson to sit through a presentation in exchange for two free nights at almost any Wyndham. An hour and a half of talking about timeshares, and making it very clear that I wasn't going to "buy" one was totally worth it.

I used the two nights in San Francisco, at probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in. I know it woupd have cost a good bit, as it was New Years Day and the following night. I'd never pay for a timeshare, but they have locations all over, many of them in nice old buildings too.

I think this Margaritaville resort is going to be a much nicer addition to Downtown than people on this forum and in the comments on Curbed are expecting. It will probably be a nicer looking building than any other recent or near future hotel in Downtown, and I bet it'll be completely booked when large events are going on that bring in the masses.

Old 06-09-2018, 01:03 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,944,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
That was the part I was missing. Thanks for the info.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:50 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,290,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
If it makes you feel better, Times Square is getting one as well.

https://blog.margaritaville.com/2018...179.1528500505

So is SoBro in Nashville.

https://www.margaritavillehotelnashville.com
Times Square should have one. And Jimmy Buffet is basically country music in a beach setting, so a Nashvlle location makes sense, too.

I don't like the idea of every city having all the same ****.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:06 AM

617 posts, read 551,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Times Square should have one. And Jimmy Buffet is basically country music in a beach setting, so a Nashvlle location makes sense, too.

I don't like the idea of every city having all the same ****.
Well, welcome to Mainstream America 2018. We are moving into a very homogeneous society. Get used to it.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:11 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,290,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
Well, welcome to Mainstream America 2018. We are moving into a very homogeneous society. Get used to it.
I always love to see a patronizing tone from someone who has utterly given up.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:18 AM

617 posts, read 551,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I always love to see a patronizing tone from someone who has utterly given up.
If that is how you took it, that's on you bud!

Old 06-11-2018, 12:36 PM

296 posts, read 220,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC2ATL60 View Post
It's hardly an American thing. It's just a human thing. Go to Europe and you'll see the same thing. Every German or French town has an Aldi or Lidl now. Most cities are overrun by chain stores like H&M, Mueller, etc.

Humans are creatures of habit, and we really like the reliability of knowing exactly what we're getting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta