Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 06:04 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldm View Post
Im voting for whoever Kasim Reed endorses because i dont know who to pick
I do think that Reed has maintained a pretty cordial relationship with Norwood. Not to mention they see eye to eye on many issues. Whether or not he will go so far as to endorse her remains to be seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 06:20 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,360,940 times
Reed would not endorse Peter Aman (maybe misspelled) his Chief Financial officer?

Old 03-14-2017, 06:35 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,260,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whodean View Post
Can Atlanta elect a white mayor?. Because a certain faction will make it all about race.
By "a certain faction" do you mean white male internet forum visitors?

Old 03-15-2017, 06:23 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,237,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Where did this "conservative" rep come from, tiki? I've never seen Norwood say or do anything that would warrant that label. Her claim to fame is sticking up for neighborhoods and average folks (all over the city).
It is literally coming from what you said in an earlier post. You stated some may mistake her approach as conservative. That's why I put conservative in quotes. I understand she is not a conservative by modern political definition.

In regards to Reed endorsing Norwood, I thought he was allied with the lovely Keisha Lance Bottoms? Despite some of the serious issues I have with Reed, I will take his endorsement fairly seriously. Honestly, I just wish he could remain mayor for a little while longer...

Old 03-15-2017, 07:24 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
It is literally coming from what you said in an earlier post. You stated some may mistake her approach as conservative. That's why I put conservative in quotes. I understand she is not a conservative by modern political definition.

In regards to Reed endorsing Norwood, I thought he was allied with the lovely Keisha Lance Bottoms? Despite some of the serious issues I have with Reed, I will take his endorsement fairly seriously. Honestly, I just wish he could remain mayor for a little while longer...
Bottoms has no chance. It will come down to two of Mitchell/Hall and Aman/Norwood as the last two standing.

I think Reed has done an excellent job and hate to see him go.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:29 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
By "a certain faction" do you mean white male internet forum visitors?

he probably means divisive examples like this:

http://http://politics.blog.ajc.com/...mail-exchange/

https://soundcloud.com/ewerickson/jo...for-john-eaves

Old 03-15-2017, 10:26 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
I hope she wins.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:23 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...d-raising.html

Here's a real measuring stick:

Mayoral War Chests So Far

Ceasar Mitchell - $1.2 million
Peter Aman - $1 million
Cathy Woolard - $600k (wow)
Mary Norwood - ~$400k
Keisha Lance-Bottoms - ~$400k
Vincent Fort - $250k
Kwanza Hall - $4,353 (He just started fund raising though)

Granted, the amount of money you raise and spend isn't always an indicator of who will win. It doesn't hurt though, and there is a real disparity in the numbers.

Even though I don't support here, I think Mary Norwood will do well despite her being so far behind in the money game based on name recognition alone. The same thing goes for Kwanza Hall and Vincent Fort.

At the end of the day, this race will go to a run off. At the end I think two of the following people will be left standing: Mitchell, Norwood, Fort, or Hall.

My dark horse is Keisha Lance-Bottoms or Vincent Fort. She has a good shot of being endorsed by Kasim Reed. That has it's obvious benefits, but one other not many people know: Kasim Reed HATES Ceasar Mitchell. Like for real hate and the feeling is mutual with Ceasar Mitchell.

For Vincent Fort, he's a serious progressive firebrand and has gotten the endorsement of Bernie Sanders which should sow up the hipster vote for sure. And of course, decriminalized weed is one his top priorities.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:02 PM

1,456 posts, read 1,320,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...d-raising.html

Here's a real measuring stick:

Mayoral War Chests So Far

Ceasar Mitchell - $1.2 million
Peter Aman - $1 million
Cathy Woolard - $600k (wow)
Mary Norwood - ~$400k
Keisha Lance-Bottoms - ~$400k
Vincent Fort - $250k
Kwanza Hall - $4,353 (He just started fund raising though)

Granted, the amount of money you raise and spend isn't always an indicator of who will win. It doesn't hurt though, and there is a real disparity in the numbers.

Even though I don't support here, I think Mary Norwood will do well despite her being so far behind in the money game based on name recognition alone. The same thing goes for Kwanza Hall and Vincent Fort.

At the end of the day, this race will go to a run off. At the end I think two of the following people will be left standing: Mitchell, Norwood, Fort, or Hall.

My dark horse is Keisha Lance-Bottoms or Vincent Fort. She has a good shot of being endorsed by Kasim Reed. That has it's obvious benefits, but one other not many people know: Kasim Reed HATES Ceasar Mitchell. Like for real hate and the feeling is mutual with Ceasar Mitchell.

For Vincent Fort, he's a serious progressive firebrand and has gotten the endorsement of Bernie Sanders which should sow up the hipster vote for sure. And of course, decriminalized weed is one his top priorities.
Interesting analysis. I wonder why Mitchell is so far ahead with money?

Not sure Sanders will help Fort. Few if any "Berniecrats" have actually won their elections. Bernie supporters are notoriously unlikely to vote it seems.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:21 PM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forhall View Post
Interesting analysis. I wonder why Mitchell is so far ahead with money?
I get the sense that we're not meant to know the answer to that question.

Fundraising questions raised about PAC tied to Ceasar Mitchell - Story | WAGA

https://www.georgiapol.com/2017/02/14/9474/

Attorney reveals what led to Atlanta mayoral candidate investiga - CBS46 News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta