Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2017, 02:08 PM

16,720 posts, read 29,584,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Didn't realize there was no residency requirement.

Osoff doesn't live in the district. He lives near Emory (John Lewis's district?).
District 6 goes pretty far south now. Are you sure he doesn't live in it?

Old 04-18-2017, 02:13 PM

23,505 posts, read 44,177,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
District 6 goes pretty far south now. Are you sure he doesn't live in it?
He lives in the 5th with his girlfriend, about 10 minutes outside of the 6th. Just ask him.

Georgia Dem: No issue I don

"Ossoff currently lives just outside Georgia's 6th Congressional District with his girlfriend, while she is attending medical school. He said that he has been transparent about the fact that he doesn't live in the district and pledged to move back to the district as soon as his girlfriend finishes school."

"I grew up in this district; I grew up in this community — it's my home. My family is still there," Ossoff said during an interview on CNN's "New Day." (which isn't altogether true; he grew up in the Northlake area, which was solidly within the 4th during his formative years).

Old 04-18-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
He lives in the 5th with his girlfriend, about 10 minutes outside of the 6th. Just ask him.

"Ossoff currently lives just outside Georgia's 6th Congressional District with his girlfriend, while she is attending medical school. He said that he has been transparent about the fact that he doesn't live in the district and pledged to move back to the district as soon as his girlfriend finishes school."

"I grew up in this district; I grew up in this community — it's my home. My family is still there," Ossoff said during an interview on CNN's "New Day." (which isn't altogether true; he grew up in the Northlake area, which was solidly within the 4th during his formative years).

Interesting. Like bu2 implied, I thought candidates had to live in the district...

Old 04-18-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Interesting. Like bu2 implied, I thought candidates had to live in the district...
Normally, they do.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Normally, they do.
Why is this different??? Because it's a special election?

Old 04-18-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
The sixth district is one of the wealthiest districts in the whole state. We all know that the wealthy and rich are just different people who were spoiled or raise spoiled kids (Not all of them but some of them - I would say the majority). Just look at the biggest example in all of America right now - TRUMP!

This is an interesting article that I think you will find helpful (The rich are different).
Can you spare us this lowbrow demagoguery? I find it insulting to the more intelligent posters.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:30 PM

376 posts, read 331,376 times
Quote:

Um, he has exaggerated and fluffed up his resume in a lot of ways but the fact that the district number has changed doesn't change the fact that he grew up in what is now this district.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:34 PM

376 posts, read 331,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
First of all, I was asked to state my opinion and I did just that, state my opinion and second of all I live in the 6th district as well and the fact that Johns Creek (The wealthiest city in GA) as well as Sandy Springs, East Cobb, etc are all wealthy areas in the metro area, my opinion still stands!
You are correct. I live in the 6th district too and while certainly not everyone in the district is wealthy it's more wealthy than not.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelinMan View Post
Um, he has exaggerated and fluffed up his resume in a lot of ways but the fact that the district number has changed doesn't change the fact that he grew up in what is now this district.
'Now' being the operative word. And now he lives in the 5th. And then he lived in the 4th. So I surmise that he has never actually lived in the 6th.

Old 04-18-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Why is this different??? Because it's a special election?
No, there is nothing on the books that says he has to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta