Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2017, 08:43 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Blaming the Russians is laughable and reeks of being a sore loser.
Or it could be that there is legitimate concern than a foreign country is meddling in our election.

The fact that that doesn't seem to bother supporters of Trump is quite frightening.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:45 AM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
Lets not forget all the shenanigans that went on with helping Hillary get the nomination over Bernie Sanders who if anyone has a legit gripe it is him.
A point that was easily forgotten by many and another factor in her loss. The revelations around this disaffected many younger voters that had supported him.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 AM

1,164 posts, read 1,265,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
A point that was easily forgotten by many and another factor in her loss. The revelations around this disaffected many younger voters that had supported him.
Yes. How were these "revelations" brought to light? Almost without exception, from internal DNC emails stolen and distributed through Wikileaks by Russian-government hackers. It's almost as if the Russian espionage campaign really did interfere in the election. Gasp!

Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
I'm truly uncertain whether you're being willfully ignorant or coming by it honestly. I'm not "blaming the Russians" for tipping the outcome of the election, since I don't claim to know if their espionage campaign to influence the election actually tipped the outcome.

I do "blame the Russians" (the Russian government, to be precise) for waging an espionage campaign to interfere with our election. I do hope we'll take action to make it less likely to happen in the future, and I hope any American operatives who colluded in this effort will be held accountable ("Lock Him Up!).

As for being a "sore loser," I'm an upper-middle-class, straight, white, middle-aged man who works in the banking industry. Short of an inept president starting a nuclear war, I am, as always, very likely to win.

Other than changing the votes there is nothing they could have done unless you think Russians have the ability to have some form of mind control over the American voter? So, if that isn't your argument then yes it comes across as being a crybaby sore loser. Comey who is an American last time I checked was much more destructive to Hillary. But lets be real about this the most destructive things were done by Hillary herself and the people around her. She ran a horrid campaign.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Yes. How were these "revelations" brought to light? Almost without exception, from internal DNC emails stolen and distributed through Wikileaks by Russian-government hackers. It's almost as if the Russian espionage campaign really did interfere in the election. Gasp!

Did the Russians type those emails? Again, it is more damage done by people who did not properly secure their emails. Does that sound familiar? How does thousands of Hillary's emails end up on Anthony Weiner's computer? Did the Russians do that also? Do you see the problem here?

Old 05-08-2017, 09:06 AM

23,465 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:

This whole business of shooting the messenger is mere deflection from the fact that the truth willed out. Frankly, I don't much care how the message found its' way to me. It's like when you confront a philandering husband about his latest escapade and he responds, "WHO told you that?".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Or it could be that there is legitimate concern than a foreign country is meddling in our election.

The fact that that doesn't seem to bother supporters of Trump is quite frightening.
Simple questions:

Did the Russians hack the voting machines and change votes?

Did the Russians use mind control or some other form of sorcery/magic to turn American voters into thoughtless drones and make them go and vote for Trump?

Which was more of a factor the 'Russians' or Comey?

1,164 posts, read 1,265,994 times
Now that we know hacking of voting machine and mind control are the only ways to affect public opinion, we can safely eliminate all political campaign spending, rallies and other campaign events, canvassing, phone banking, media coverage of candidates, the advertising industry, political propaganda and disinformation, and possibly organized religion.

That's a pretty solid day's work.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Now that we know hacking of voting machine and mind control are the only ways to affect public opinion, we can safely eliminate all political campaign spending, rallies and other campaign events, canvassing, phone banking, media coverage of candidates, the advertising industry, political propaganda and disinformation, and possibly organized religion.

That's a pretty solid day's work.
How about had we run someone who didn't have 10,000 pounds of baggage like Hillary did say VP Biden or Bernie Sanders we may have won? Have you ever sat and thought about that?

Old 05-08-2017, 09:13 AM

2,538 posts, read 1,911,627 times
Quote:
Simple questions:

Did the Russians hack the voting machines and change votes?

Did the Russians use mind control or some other form of sorcery/magic to turn American voters into thoughtless drones and make them go and vote for Trump?

Which was more of a factor the 'Russians' or Comey?

There certainly was a large segment of the population that behaved as thoughtless drones. In fact, they are still chanting "Lock Her Up!" and "Build That Wall!" paid for by "Mexico!" even as it has become abundantly clear that neither of these things is going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta