Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 08:47 AM

13 posts, read 15,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
I would guess in OP's timeframe Jackson should be at least a 6 when they need it in 9 years. But, OP needs elementary schools *now*. If I read right, Burgess Meridith and Parkside Elementary's rankings-scores are at least decent right now (is that Ornewood and East Atlanta?), but Toomer's are still trailing, especially considering home prices in Kirkwood now. Some of this has to be the drain of some of the children or more affluent being channeled to local public charters, some of it is probably that testing is probably a trailing indicator--there has to be a batch of affluent parents that will have no choice but to send their kids to Toomer--the charters are full, and mortgages are too high not to send their kids to Toomer, and some of that batch has to be hitting Toomer now, and some of it is that there is probably a significant portion of the student population start school underprepared, and lack resources at home.
Thanks for the info. Yes, HS is 9 years off and I'm sure by then Jackson may be a good or even great option. But as you stated I need elementary right now and unless a life change happens I don't want to be in a position where we are concerned about middle schools because they still haven't caught up yet. I'll probably research the area more once we have moved, but not right now for rental options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta