Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2007, 10:31 PM

4 posts, read 21,392 times

Advertisements

Oh another thing they try and do that i didnt fall for but my poor neighbor did. they have a paper in the closing that says you cant sue them if something goes wrong (the short version) I have all pictures and documents if any one interested, and please if you found a lawyer contact me asap. the warranty company is not legal either i checked into it. Theres no head courters phone number for legacy everything is via email and their corporate address is a PO BOX something is shady with them completely including theres sales agents..I even trried finding the corporate office to fly there, there isnt one????My neighbors tried as well, HOA kept sending me fines for weeds growing yet, wouldnt help with water coming thru lights from a ceiling to contact someone, whats wrong with that picture, their lot numbers are not correct they keep changing them in different plans..and the appliances are not new, mine were delivered dented, and not working, never even got them changed, i still never recieved upgraded items, that i paid for..I'm sorry i could go on because i just cant believe they are getting away with hurting honest people trying to live life and be happy. How do they sleep at night?? must be there bank accounts, although rumor before i left is they ran out of money to finish building. and a another subdivision they built and solf to another builder was sueing them as all homes fell apart. Another scary case was a built on wood patio to a bedroom upstairs....fell while the people were doing the walk thru!!!! they were on it!!!!I had brick on the front (another upgrade) they were falliing out of the foundation and we were shifting on the land...legacy calls this settling...i call it landing in your grave...everyone is on it together even the pest people and the guy who picks up the damn garbage!!! when i stopped using the local pest people is when i got rid of the ant problem ( to a degree) but we were losing our food everywhere to ants..Oh and the washing machine the paint on the inside was chipping and rusting, along with the dryer that had burn marks and left all clothes smelling like fire, with burn marks by the vents behind it. Again i cant stress this enough DO NOT GO THERE..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 09:55 AM

10 posts, read 28,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmony View Post
Tiger,

You've been in your home now over a year, what's been your experience? My wife and I are moving in soon and to be honest, I'm having mixed feelings. This is not our first home and understand minor issues, but I'm assuming Legacy passed its inspections and the inspectors are doing their jobs. We're purchasing the Rosewood. Any suggestions? Also, any "bewares" you can think of will be greatly appreciated.

Skip
Hi,
We visited the Rosewood. Very nice home, jack and jill bathroom, master bedroom along with the master bath is very nice. The only thing is the master bedroom didn't have a his and hers closet. Its a nice size closet for two but for me it would have been nicer if it was a his and hers. Overall, it is a very beautiful home. We decided on the Jefferson cuz I'm a fool for bay windows and big kitchens. The Rosewood was out of prince range because we are moving from DC and we will not be transitioning until maybe in another 2 years but we want to buy something. Because of the housing market is so funny we didn't want to take that chance.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
As by my user-name, I hope all can figure my background.
It's a machine- not a well oiled machine. Building schedules are based on approx. 90 days (they'll tell you 138 days) all those other days are eaten up by corporate people who have to finger all the "paperwork". As for the field personnel- their "incentive" is in bonuses. In other words- "It doesn't matter if its right; just get it done in time for the closing".
Legacy uses their own sales contract- its not a G.A.R. or G.A.H.B.A. Needless to say but, it leans heavily to their side. And not just in the binding arbitration clause either.
Subcontractors are the life and blood of every builder- the difference is in the quality of their work(you get what you pay for). And what Legacy pays for is the lowest possible price they can manipulate out of a sub. Legacy creates budgets for each house, and where its being built (county requirements; etc.). Get a sub to agree to the price for his trade. Then come up with one excuse after another to not pay- get the sub into hock up to his eyeballs and he can't get away. Eventually they get paid, but by that point they (the subs) now control the subdivision. They come when they want too. All of which hog-ties the builder and delays the closing.
There are lots of builders/superintendents that take great pride in their work; however, they are only as good as the subs that are supplied to them. This is part of the reason why the company has a high turnover rate.
As for buying a Legacy Communities home- buyer beware! Yes, you do get alot of square footage for your buck. But the quality of workmanship and products is questionable. A certified home inspector is only a part of your defense- as others have noted, stay in constant communication with a representative (best advise- hire a buyer's agent, they will act in your behalf and get part of the comission that built into the price of the house- thats if you actually make it to closing). Although most buyers at Legacy are first time buyers- all buyers should look closely at the neighborhood they are considering- are lawns kept mowed, is the overall appearance of closed homes in good order. Excessive amount of vehicles at homes, Number of resale, rent signs (Legacy conducts alot of business with investors). Condition of grades- house from street- from house to house. Some field personnel have no idea how to set a house on a lot properly. And some don't care (remember- "whatever it takes to...").
I've rattled on enough- I can be more specific on subjects if anyone needs more info-
Hello,
Would you please send me more infor. we are about to buy from legacy and we do not want to make any mistakes. Especially if it can be avoided.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:17 AM

Hello,
Just out of curiosity, what community are you buy from? At this point after reading all of these negative entries, I'm ready to pull the plug.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:18 AM

483 posts, read 2,093,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abba033 View Post
Hello,
Would you please send me more infor. we are about to buy from legacy and we do not want to make any mistakes. Especially if it can be avoided.
Get your own lawyer, have him or her write your own contract. Tell 'em take it or leave it.
They can't eat houses, and you don't need to be cheated.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmony View Post
ALL,

I've wanted to post something for a while, but decided to wait for the inspector to provide his report. I've posted below a piece of his findings during his inspection of the Rosewood we've having built. Like I've mentioned during several post...(especially after Brewboy's recommendation) the $500-$1000 spent on an independent inspector is well worth the money so long as the things found are corrected. One of the items listed below will potentially solve the leaking of ceilings that many have reported. I was actually expecting more issues, but I'm of course glad there were not. I've also asked my inspector to return to the site to ensure theses areas have been corrected before the drywall installation. I will periodically submit post with updates. If someone has a specific question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Inspector's Report:
The overall progress of the construction at above location (Main Street Commons) was excellent. There was debris present, however it was the normal type to be expected. The following list are deficiencies observed and I recommend being corrected before the dry wall is installed.

1) At the top of the front door upper Palladian window, there is damage to the interior trim. Replace damaged trim board.

2) The listed locations have warped studs that is not replaced before installation of dry wall may result in uneven interior walls. These studs are out of plumb at least ½ inch or more. To help identify these studs they have been painted with a “red” spray paint.

MAIN LEVEL:
A) Right front room/garage wall at the 6th stud from the front.
B) Back side of main level bath.

UPPER LEVEL:
A) Right wall at center bedroom/master bedroom.
B) Right front bedroom left wall at the 6th stud.
C) Left front bedroom closet rear wall.
D) Left front bedroom closet rear wall.
E) Rear hall bath wall.

Hope this helps everyo9ne.
Hello,
Would you please refer this inspector to me. At this point after reading all of these negative entries, I am very afraid of purchasing this home. I'm sure you know that purchasing a home is one of the major purchases you will make througout your life time and to have an experience like the way some of these people are can be very traumatic. Granted this is a lot of house for the price but don't make the home owners go through that kind of experience, especially if this is your first home.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:39 AM

Hello,
May I ask you the name and company of the inspector? We are looking to relocate and already have a contract on a lot in Pembrooke and cannot be there at all times, so if we had someone else working in our best interest it would be of great help.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiciInAtlanta View Post
Here's a link to virtual tours for the Newport:

Foyer:
Virtual Tours

Master Bedroom:
Virtual Tours

Hope that helps until I can get my photos uploaded!

Cici
Hi CiCi,
Would you please refer us to an inspector, I am very discouraged at this point after reading all of these negative entries. We signed a contract on the Jefferson at Pembrooke community in Henry county and it is taking everything in me to stop myself from calling them to withdraw. Since reading all of these entries, i have yet to come across a positive one. Please help?????

Old 10-20-2007, 12:15 PM

483 posts, read 2,093,660 times
Quote:
Hi CiCi,
Would you please refer us to an inspector, I am very discouraged at this point after reading all of these negative entries. We signed a contract on the Jefferson at Pembrooke community in Henry county and it is taking everything in me to stop myself from calling them to withdraw. Since reading all of these entries, i have yet to come across a positive one. Please help?????
If you have doubts, why not go with your intuition?
It's not like there is any severe shortage of houses or anything right now.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:48 PM

857 posts, read 4,878,853 times
Quote:
Hello,
Just out of curiosity, what community are you buy from? At this point after reading all of these negative entries, I'm ready to pull the plug.
I have known several builders that used to work for Legacy and have quit because they are so cheesy. Granted, you do get a lot of square footage for your money, but they have a well-deserved reputation for some of the poorest quality around. There are lots of quality builders out there. If you don't buy from them you can find something somewhere else. And if you do buy from them... lots of luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta