Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2020, 03:49 PM

3,680 posts, read 3,974,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
You can't blame KLB this time, it's happening all over the Country. New York is getting really bad.
It was reassuring to read that DeBlasio is allocating money for alternative policing programs. They have a dozen organizations that pay ex-cons a salary to go deep into the social innerworkings of high-violence areas and de-escalate potential revenge shootings etc.

I think it's interesting and a good idea. These insiders get to know what no uniformed officer will ever even get close to. If potential bad events are avoided and nipped in the bud that's a good angle on policing.

It's better than simply cutting funding so there won't be as much law enforcement to catch me while I break the law.

For the media to embrace that so quickly rather than recommending abiding by the laws that society has agreed upon and put into effect is disappointing to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2020, 03:53 PM

3,680 posts, read 3,974,831 times
Atlanta's local news is nothing but a list of the day's murders, smash and grabs, car jacking, sliders, fraud, identity thefts.

Georgia is 3rd in armed robbery and 1st or 2nd in identity theft in the nation.

It would have to be a massacre for an increase in shootings to be noticed.

3 years ago there were 72 robberies in one month in Midtown and West Midtown. Almost all victims were pedestrians.

Old 08-01-2020, 02:50 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,177,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I'm not sure what's more dangerous: the growing anger over police brutality, or the right's refusal to address it. Republicans think they're keeping the peace, but they're just adding fuel to the fire.
I am not convinced that it is being done unknowingly.

The whole George Floyd situation has been a breakthrough of sorts, finally (I think?), but sad that it had to happen in some of my old stomping grounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: