Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:17 PM

326 posts, read 813,872 times

Advertisements

marietta has alot of hatians and some in smyrna

Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,548 times
Default Planning to move

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesea View Post
I moved to Alpharetta a little over two months ago from southeast Florida and know NO ONE! My brother said there are Haitians everywhere but I have not met any in the Alpharetta area. I heard Lawrenceville and Marietta have Haitian communties but I don't know those area well. I've never been to Lawrenceville but have been to Marietta. Is there any in Roswell? That's a bite closer to me. I'm 29 and looking for places to networking with other Haitians, get my hair done, buy Haitian products... I'm NOT into clubs and/or partying. I don't attend church either but I'm open. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I am planning to move to Alpharetta GA. Please let me know how you like living in Alpharetta? Do you know anything about the school system?

I will appreciate your response.

Old 05-29-2014, 10:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,340 times
Hello. Don't have a point of view today. But, I am seeking an organization whose mission is to rebuild Haiti through its libraries. I have some (a significant number) books in excellent to good condition that I would like to donate to Haiti. I am a Georgia educator and a grass-roots student advocate. In saying this I am indicating I would like to see disadvantaged children benefit from the learning and exposure these books will provide.
Thank you, Ms. Fleming
[email]sweeten1014@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 05-30-2014, 04:37 AM

226 posts, read 276,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFleming View Post
Hello. Don't have a point of view today. But, I am seeking an organization whose mission is to rebuild Haiti through its libraries. I have some (a significant number) books in excellent to good condition that I would like to donate to Haiti. I am a Georgia educator and a grass-roots student advocate. In saying this I am indicating I would like to see disadvantaged children benefit from the learning and exposure these books will provide.
Thank you, Ms. Fleming
sweeten1014@yahoo.com
Hi Ms Fleming. What kind of books y'all have?

Old 05-30-2014, 12:58 PM

95 posts, read 177,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsFleming View Post
Thank you, Ms. Fleming
sweeten1014@yahoo.com
Why don't you donate the books somewhere a little more local? There are a lot of disadvantaged children right here in our own country.

Old 10-19-2015, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,091 times
Default Hatian Creole Speaking Loan Officer

I have a client that I am working with who is Hatian. She is trying to purchase a home but I am having a difficult time finding a loan officer to communicate with her as she deserves. Can someone please recommend a loan officer who speaks Haitian Creole? Someone who is licensed to write mortgage loans in the state of Georgia.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 964 times
Good morning,

Im american and my fiance is Haitian I want to learn creole. Also is there a place where I can get Haitian dancers to perform at my wedding?

Old 04-27-2016, 08:29 AM

371 posts, read 456,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kautious004 View Post
Good morning,

Im american and my fiance is Haitian I want to learn creole. Also is there a place where I can get Haitian dancers to perform at my wedding?
Bonjou zanmi, sak pasé ?
I've been teaching myself kreyol on & off for over 10 years now. I'm a French-speaker. If your fiancé cannot teach you, your best bet would just be online. There are plenty of helpful websites and videos out there. Native speakers call it Kreyòl (creole) or even Kreyòl ayisyen (Haitian creole), so searching those terms will help you find authentic and Haiti-specific sources. There several languages under the "creole" umbrella so it is necessary to differentiate.
Also, it helps if you know any of the languages that share vocabulary or grammatical structure with kreyol. Like French, in my case.

I'm not sure about the dancers, sorry.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:23 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,519,790 times
Look for purple houses

Old 05-10-2019, 06:10 PM

1 posts, read 442 times
I am a columns drive, I can not find any Haitian for 1 month, I feel very bad, nothing Haitian at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta