Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 02:07 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,742,314 times

Advertisements

Since disney bought marvel, they are producing things outside of "marvel studio". I know quite a few people that are filming a lot of the Disney+ marvel launches here locally. I don't anticipate it all going away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 02:47 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,340,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
That means little to nothing.

Exchange rates between different currencies not equaling 1:1 alone says absolutely nothing to cost of buying things or doing business in one place.

I can't break down specific costs related to that business, but the cost of living in Sydney is higher than Atlanta. I've traveled through there a few times for work. Nice town, but it isn't a budget location. Major cities in Australia tend to have higher costs.
As someone who has lived in Sydney (ironically not far from the Fox Moore Park studios), yes, some costs are definitely higher. But when you’re spending hundreds of millions of dollars you also get bargaining power - including taking advantage of subsided offset costs that the Australian and NSW governments have paid in the past.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:21 PM

711 posts, read 689,824 times
Something isn't adding up with that story. Just the idea of Black Panther leaving Atlanta for someplace where they couldn't conceivably find enough Black extras for a crowd scene seems unlikely. There's already grumblings about the British actor from Bridgerton becoming the lead character (not Black Panther), and if they leave the U.S., ATLiens will feel betrayed.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:08 AM

6,644 posts, read 12,146,655 times
I don't think this would leave a large impact like Turner/CNN leaving Atlanta. As someone mentioned, Marvel is pretty much a 2010's thing with the Avengers series being the core. Only Tom Holland's Spider-Man remains and probably just one more film, and Black Widow but that's already post-production I believe. Not sure about Black Panther 2.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:10 AM

9,815 posts, read 7,990,398 times
We didn't blow anything, it's business as usual.

Old 02-28-2021, 01:41 PM

32,039 posts, read 36,931,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
Australia has strict travel restrictions and the coronavirus pandemic has essentially flat-lined to almost nothing there.

My guess is they are looking for a place in the world where they can have an aggressive quarantine entering, but can keep to business as usual and not worrying about one of your talent stopping production due to sickness.
That was my first thought, too.

Old 02-28-2021, 10:44 PM

4,398 posts, read 4,662,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenardL View Post
Besides Spiderman, the Marvel universe is probably gonna be on a decline. Iron Man/Captain America were the major forces and they're not gonna be there anymore.
Uh no...Marvel brand is solidified with the general public. Wandavision is one of the most popular shows streaming right now and there’s no Iron Man, Captain America or Spider-Man on the show. As long as they continue to produce good entertaining film/tv people will tune in.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:24 PM

9,007 posts, read 14,108,854 times
This is what I said when Pinewood pulled out and no one believed me. Oh well.

It is kind of baffling why they would pick Sydney. Not only is Gold Coast the movie studio hub of Australia, it's a much cheaper (and more beautiful) city.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:04 AM

9,815 posts, read 7,990,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
This is what I said when Pinewood pulled out and no one believed me. Oh well.

It is kind of baffling why they would pick Sydney. Not only is Gold Coast the movie studio hub of Australia, it's a much cheaper (and more beautiful) city.
More gloom and doom. And Sydney is much more expensive than Atlanta - by a lot.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:50 AM

9,007 posts, read 14,108,854 times
I never said Sydney was not much more expensive than Atlanta.

I said it's more expensive than Gold Coast, which already has a well-established film infrastructure. I don't know why they would go to Sydney over GC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta