Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2021, 10:44 AM

9,007 posts, read 14,126,244 times

Advertisements

But... but... but what about that film school at Clayton County Community College or wherever it is... isn't that churning out Spielbergs, Scorseses and Coppolas?

Will the industry take them to Sydney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2021, 12:05 PM

10,392 posts, read 11,634,409 times
I remain somewhat deeply skeptical about this development because I can’t seem to find any stories about this in any major Atlanta or American news outlets.

It would seem that a news development this big would get much more press in both the local Atlanta media and in the national media in the U.S.

The only Marvel film that appears to be confirmed with certainty to be in production in Sydney is the fourth “Thor” movie, “Love and Thunder,” which seems to be under production in Australia because that is home to the movie’s lead actor, Chris Hemsworth.

I suspect that this may be a story that has been planted in the Australian and British media by some Australian boosters in order to gauge any potential Marvel interest in actually moving to Australia as well as attempt to create some possible momentum for such a move which does not seem to have been concretely confirmed across multiple major media outlets.

This looks to be a case of some Australian boosters trying to create momentum for Sydney and Australia to make a serious attempt to attract the Marvel franchise away from Atlanta more than a case of it actually happening at this time.

It’s a headline to take seriously, but maybe not necessarily for the reasons that many of us might seem to think.

Old 03-02-2021, 12:20 PM

9,815 posts, read 8,010,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
I remain somewhat deeply skeptical about this development because I can’t seem to find any stories about this in any major Atlanta or American news outlets.

It would seem that a news development this big would get much more press in both the local Atlanta media and in the national media in the U.S.

The only Marvel film that appears to be confirmed with certainty to be in production in Sydney is the fourth “Thor” movie, “Love and Thunder,” which seems to be under production in Australia because that is home to the movie’s lead actor, Chris Hemsworth.

I suspect that this may be a story that has been planted in the Australian and British media by some Australian boosters in order to gauge any potential Marvel interest in actually moving to Australia as well as attempt to create some possible momentum for such a move which does not seem to have been concretely confirmed across multiple major media outlets.

This looks to be a case of some Australian boosters trying to create momentum for Sydney and Australia to make a serious attempt to attract the Marvel franchise away from Atlanta more than a case of it actually happening at this time.

It’s a headline to take seriously, but maybe not necessarily for the reasons that many of us might seem to think.
As usual, the voice of reason. Thanks for the great post, B2R. I would rep you if I could.

The gloom and doom faction here is becoming tiresome, it's almost to the point of total negativity in every post by some.

Old 03-02-2021, 08:10 PM

16,180 posts, read 32,618,435 times
I also can't find any truth to this story. This particular link is a speculation gossip type one. I am changing the title of this thread.

Old 03-03-2021, 09:51 AM

166 posts, read 137,286 times
Yeah, I would expect an industry trade publication to cover this, if accurate.

Old 03-03-2021, 07:59 PM

4,768 posts, read 5,478,645 times
It would seem like a ridiculous move especially with flight times between the East or West Coast to Australia.

Old 03-05-2021, 04:14 AM

2,323 posts, read 1,576,718 times
The only way I see this happening is if the Australian city offers a lot of breaks. Marvel will be coming out with a ton of content and I do think that ATL/GA is more valuable as a location than OZ. Need to shoot in New Orleans, TN, SC, FL....good for it. Quick flights to NY, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Canada (once they accept Americans again). X-Men is my all time favorite and Gambit and Rougue are both characters who are a LA and MS, Marvel can easily and quickly shoot actual scenes there as opposed to being in OZ (do Australians still call it that?) and film at locations that will double for those states.

Oz or whatever will probably be good for the cosmic movies since the outback can double as some other planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta