Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2021, 07:34 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,390,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Chaud View Post
Glad I don't live in in ATL MSA anymore

On the Beach!
Which beach?

Old 07-29-2021, 08:31 PM

198 posts, read 153,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
The first is a civil liberties issue. The second is a life or death issue. Why is there any irony there?
If someone is theoretically unable to obtain an ID, then it's unreasonable to expect them to get vaccinated.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:54 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1404 View Post
If someone is theoretically unable to obtain an ID, then it's unreasonable to expect them to get vaccinated.
If someone is unable to get an ID, they wouldn't be very likely to be dining here, would they?

I hope the large majority of businesses, including Airlines, hotels and rental car agencies all adopt these policies. Most employers as well. Enough is enough, the non-vaccers need to be increasingly isolated in their options.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:33 PM

7,358 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
If someone is unable to get an ID, they wouldn't be very likely to be dining here, would they?

I hope the large majority of businesses, including Airlines, hotels and rental car agencies all adopt these policies. Most employers as well. Enough is enough, the non-vaccers need to be increasingly isolated in their options.
Then show us five plus years of data showing that it's safe, and even necessary, and most of us will get it. Also, I think you should check the demographics on who isn't getting it. The highest percentage of corona-unvaccinated individuals are black and hispanic, hardly the maga-waving white people you and others claim they are.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:24 PM

322 posts, read 465,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Then show us five plus years of data showing that it's safe, and even necessary, and most of us will get it. Also, I think you should check the demographics on who isn't getting it. The highest percentage of corona-unvaccinated individuals are black and hispanic, hardly the maga-waving white people you and others claim they are.
Nice try. It's the "maga-waving" people at all levels that is driving the covid-19 disinformation campaign that is deterring people from getting vaccinated and wearing masks. These folks could have fifty years data and would still claim it's a scam or a hoax. Moreover, if the delta variant is as bad as they think it is, those of you that are refusing to get vaccinated probably won't be around to review the data in five years.

Old 07-29-2021, 10:35 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,937,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Then show us five plus years of data showing that it's safe, and even necessary, and most of us will get it.
And how about you prove its not. It's based on an existing, proven platform that has been in place for years. I truly believe there is a sizeable portion of the population that will refuse to be vaccinated under any circumstance, hence they need to be severely isolated.

Quote:
Also, I think you should check the demographics on who isn't getting it. The highest percentage of corona-unvaccinated individuals are black and hispanic, hardly the maga-waving white people you and others claim they are.
I am very aware that many people of color are very hesitant, but they aren't driving this insane clown car of resistance and denial either - are they?

Old 07-29-2021, 10:54 PM

11,804 posts, read 8,018,631 times
I’m just going to give my honest opinion on this and some will agree or disagree.

I do understand the concerns about the vaccine. Just being realistic here. I think people should be willing to be understanding to those who are not ready to jump on the bandwagon. By data, the average vaccine takes about 3 years to make and there are some of which have had repercussions after receiving them throughout history and often times these repercussions are not revealed for several years. I personally believe that those who are concerned about long term effects, have legitimate concerns especially given this vaccine was created in less than 1/3rd of the time an approve vaccine is created and was also done largely, to jump start our economy and get corporations up and running again. We have largely turned our personal viewpoints into something political and at times even racial when not everything is about that. There are many people in this country that are simply put anti-vaccination. Getting angry at them only furthers their view point. It is a personal choice and like all personal choices will need to be something that will have to be respected regardless of our personal viewpoints on the matter…

Now with that stated….

Those people will need to assume the risks of what may or may not happen to them if they catch the virus. Those people also need to be willing to continue to social distance and wear masks to mitigate spread as much as possible. They should ‘not’ pretend the virus is no longer a threat to anyone else.

And lastly…

While many are complaining that their personal rights and liberties are being violated, they should be willing to further examine the laws of this country and this goes for both political parties, red or blue… we as Americans do not have as many rights as we think we do. Those advocating freedoms and personal liberties and accuse the restaurant of violating personal HIPAA information, should be aware that HIPAA only applies to the medical industry. Not to businesses outside of it, and the restaurant is technically also within their right by U.S. law to request the aforementioned information. They are not performing anything unethical or illegal. We have just never had a situation where this sort of information may be required until now.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 07-29-2021 at 11:09 PM..

Old 07-30-2021, 06:28 AM

2,074 posts, read 1,354,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
And how about you prove its not. It's based on an existing, proven platform that has been in place for years. I truly believe there is a sizeable portion of the population that will refuse to be vaccinated under any circumstance, hence they need to be severely isolated.

I am very aware that many people of color are very hesitant, but they aren't driving this insane clown car of resistance and denial either - are they?

Anyone who is purposely avoiding the vaccine regardless of race or ethnicity is showing resistance are they not? The statistics show it is black and brown people who are lagging significantly behind other groups getting vaccinated. It isn't because of access either it is because of resistance. This needs to be brought to attention and corrected ASAP before more damage is done.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:30 AM

3,245 posts, read 6,302,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeJr View Post
Nice try. It's the "maga-waving" people at all levels that is driving the covid-19 disinformation campaign that is deterring people from getting vaccinated and wearing masks. These folks could have fifty years data and would still claim it's a scam or a hoax. Moreover, if the delta variant is as bad as they think it is, those of you that are refusing to get vaccinated probably won't be around to review the data in five years.
Are you unaware of the MASSIVE amounts of injuries and deaths caused by the Covid vaccines??

https://1000covidstories.com/

https://t.me/s/covidvaccinevictims

https://thecovidblog.com/

https://www.vaxlonghaulers.com/

"A certain percentage of people – in the thousands – who had the covid vaccine are suffering with debilitating symptoms. Our lives, in many cases, have been ruined with terrifying symptoms, leaving many of us with the inability to work. The widespread general denial – even bullying – of those facing symptoms is making matters worse."

Many people are dying and damaged because of these vaccines! The new Facebook Vaccine Injuries group had 30K members 2 weeks ago and now it is up to 60K members.

Also the vaccinated will eventually fare much worse than the people who maintained their natural immunity. According to Belgian virologist Geert Vanden Bossche the vaccines are the cause of the variants and vaccinees will have no defense against them.

Here is some info from a previous post.

Belgian virologist Geert Vanden Bossche is predicting a disaster from the mass vaccination campaigns. He thinks vaccinated people will be the source of the new variants.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org

"mass vaccination campaigns will enable new, more infectious viral variants to become increasingly dominant and ultimately result in a dramatic incline in new cases despite enhanced vaccine coverage rates." (This was written in April and is beginning to come true in July)

According to Dr. Vanden Bossche, vaccinated people will be at more risk.

https://mcusercontent.com/92561d6ded...en_Bossche.pdf

"The more we use these vaccines for immunizing people in the midst of a pandemic, the more infectious the virus will become."

"Not only would people lose vaccine-mediated protection but also their precious, variant-nonspecific (!), innate immunity will be gone (this is because vaccinal antibodies outcompete natural antibodies for binding to Covid-19, even when their affinity for the viral variant is relatively low)."

BTW, I am not concerned if that restaurant wants to ban people who choose to maintain their natural immune systems. I can go elsewhere. It would much worse if grocery stores try to prohibit people from buying food.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:31 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
business decisions are for business owners to make, I'm ambivalent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta