Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 04:54 PM

90 posts, read 126,815 times

Advertisements

4 seasons? Too humid year-round to enjoy being outside? What’s the most enjoyable time of year for weather?Any snow? Do you have to wear bug spray every time you step outside or are mosquitoes only bad at dawn and dusk? Do you find your weather to be a pro or con?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 05:09 PM

6,540 posts, read 12,034,963 times
I actually like October to April the best, only I wish we get more snow in the winter. I also like May when you get the first signs of summer, but after that it gets too hot/humid except during a rainstorm. I never use bug spray.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:16 PM

Because you don’t wear bug spray, do you not feel affected by mosquitoes? Are they not as bad as a Google search would claim?

Old 07-06-2021, 06:24 PM

3,715 posts, read 3,695,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orghiplove View Post
4 seasons? Too humid year-round to enjoy being outside? What’s the most enjoyable time of year for weather?Any snow? Do you have to wear bug spray every time you step outside or are mosquitoes only bad at dawn and dusk? Do you find your weather to be a pro or con?
Comparatively, Atlanta has great weather.

It is not humid year round, just the summer

I prefer Spring and Fall, no surprises there.

We average 3-4 inches of snow/year (that's an average, not a mean). It melts same day typically, and is a fun novelty

Locals think mosquitos are bad here, but they really aren't when compared to the northeast, midwest, FL, etc. We just don't have as much standing water. That's not to say you won't get bit on 4th of July night if you don't wear bug spray, you will. But I only wear it if I'm hanging outside at night for a prolonged period of time in the summer

The weather is definitely a pro. We have 4 seasons. We still get boot/coffee/fireplace weather, but highs in the 50s in winter. Summer is hot and humid, but it's not Florida. We do get humid "3 t-shirt" days in the summer, but you hang by the pool and manage them.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:36 PM

Thank you!!! I knew Google was out of it’s mind. Lol!

Old 07-06-2021, 07:58 PM

4,120 posts, read 6,606,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orghiplove View Post
Thank you!!! I knew Google was out of it’s mind. Lol!
I grew up in Ohio, & much prefer the weather here. Also the northside is a bit cooler than the southside due to elevation. We are in the foothills of the mountains. Like the above poster said, we get all 4 seasons, just the winter is much more mild than the midwest or NE.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:49 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,559,492 times
I’m from California, the Bay Area. Perhaps some of the best weather in the states. I’m here in east Cobb and while summers are a bit hot and humid, I think the weather here is pretty good.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:23 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,979,166 times
born and raised in Texas, but moved to this area 6 years ago.
I love the weather here! 4 seasons to reflect all the colors of the landscape here.
The falls are unbelievable beautiful.
The pollen is unbelievable brutal.
The summers are humid and bug ridden but the high Temps here are minimal.
The winters are crisp, wet, a bit icey, but gorgeous as well.
We love how the weather brings out the beauty of our Roswell area.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:31 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,766,049 times
https://weatherspark.com/y/15598/Ave...tes-Year-Round

This website is really good for answer specific questions in the charts they have.

Pay attention to the temperature chart that shows what it is like across the day all year "averaged hourly temperature" and the chart that shows the percent of time spent at types of humidity across the year "Humidity comfort levels."

It is spot on to visualizing where all the good and bad spots of our weather.

The humidity is mostly a problem in 3 months of summer, but it occurs in small amounts in Fall and Spring.

We do get a good bit of rain throughout the year.

Also, look up where you live now. This can be a good comparison tool to think about what you know to be true for your area to process.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:08 AM

4,120 posts, read 6,606,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwkimbro View Post
https://weatherspark.com/y/15598/Ave...tes-Year-Round

This website is really good for answer specific questions in the charts they have.

Pay attention to the temperature chart that shows what it is like across the day all year "averaged hourly temperature" and the chart that shows the percent of time spent at types of humidity across the year "Humidity comfort levels."

It is spot on to visualizing where all the good and bad spots of our weather.

The humidity is mostly a problem in 3 months of summer, but it occurs in small amounts in Fall and Spring.

We do get a good bit of rain throughout the year.

Also, look up where you live now. This can be a good comparison tool to think about what you know to be true for your area to process.
Honestly after living in Savannah Ga. the humidity up here isn't that bad. It gets warm & muggy but still bearable especially if your at the pool, but by 8 o'clock, the temps drop by 10 degrees. This makes dining out really nice, especially outside. Compare this to the deep south, & the temps stay the same to 11pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta