Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2022, 11:59 AM

3,715 posts, read 3,694,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryantm3 View Post
Before inflation hit, a night out at Antico could pretty quickly turn into $150-$200 for a family of four. That's half a week's wages for some people.
Not sure about everyone else, but that $22-24 pizza at Antico can suffice for 4 people in our family (2 being kids). I always thought given the quality it was actually quite a deal, no?

I mean, I love pizza so much I COULD finish a whole pie by myself, but I will say we intentionally try to practice some extra restraint (2 big slices/person) when eating pizza. And Lord knows kids don't eat their crust, so that ends up being my dessert
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2022, 01:52 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,869,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citykid3785 View Post
Not sure about everyone else, but that $22-24 pizza at Antico can suffice for 4 people in our family (2 being kids). I always thought given the quality it was actually quite a deal, no?

I mean, I love pizza so much I COULD finish a whole pie by myself, but I will say we intentionally try to practice some extra restraint (2 big slices/person) when eating pizza. And Lord knows kids don't eat their crust, so that ends up being my dessert
Well, I guess I should have said four related adults. No kids. After the first two pizzas everyone was still hungry and we ordered another, got gelato afterwards, etc. It ended up being more pricey than we initially thought. So yes you can budget and leave, but the way the place is set up, you can very easily get steered into having a multi-course meal moving through the complex and paying-as-you-go. It's an attraction in-and-of itself.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:22 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,806,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Golfer View Post
Did you just ask if he can afford a $24 pizza?

I'm not sure what type of food you're looking for, fine dining, casual etc. Based on the outings I assume you're going casual and will stick there.

Aquarium day I would definitely do Antico. Not many experiences like it. Its BYOB too so plan ahead if anyone wants an adult beverage. (since you're in Marietta, you could even do the The Battery location).

Stone Mountain, I don't know food that way. But you'll be driving back from SM to Marietta? If so just off 285 at Buford Hwy is El Rey Del Taco. Some of the best Mexican food around. Salsa alone is worth the stop. Could do desert afterwards at Sweet Hut, also an experience.

What part of Marietta? I'm not very familiar with good eats that way. You could do some BBQ (get some Heirloom to go) - there is Sams #1 in East Cobb. You could also shoot down 120 to Downtown Roswell for a lively scene and plenty of restaurants to choose from.
My family and myself are from Arizona originally. I don't trust Mexican food out here... it'd probably disappoint me. I mean yes I'll go out for Mexican food at some point but usually the crappy holes in the walls are where you get the good Mexican food. Like the local gas station or some Waffle House looking establishment.

I was thinking of Mary Mac's for the Aquarium day (Monday) but I can't determine if they do reservations, I'm worried that restaurant may be too popular and too busy without reservations...

Stone Mountain day (Sunday) we will probably stop at the German restaurant that's on it because that's different but that'll be our lunch. Coming from Gwinnett County to Marietta will probably involve taking the Perimeter from the I-20 onto the I-75 near the battery but we could also take the I-20 into the core and then just take the I-75 NB from there. Anything not too much of a deviation off that route would be fine.

Casual restaurants are good we do not want anything fancy. Just some good Atlantan eateries. I personally like to go real adventurous with my food and eat more exotic things but my family not as much... I was hoping to take them to at least one Southern restaurant since Florida doesn't seem to have much in the way of that, at least where they are, and no seafood restaurants because well they get enough of that in Florida. And then the other one would be up in the air in terms of food.

Old 08-04-2022, 12:09 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,929,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Coming from Gwinnett County to Marietta will probably involve taking the Perimeter from the I-20 onto the I-75 near the battery but we could also take the I-20 into the core and then just take the I-75 NB from there. Anything not too much of a deviation off that route would be fine.
You might want to consider The Garden and Gun Club at the Battery (if there isn't a Braves home game). I would consider it "fancy" Southern. The good is really good and it is a pretty quiet, relaxing place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta