Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 7,590 times

Advertisements

there are 2 parks within walking distance. Sorry, blue, it seems that you are really not familiar with the area. 1 is Keswick Park and the other is Blackburn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,934 times
I live at turnbury gates, and have lived here for one year. I have read through the posts here, and they are wrong. I love the location you are close to both 285, 85, and about three miles from 400. In the morning all the freeways are jammed so I take peachtree all the way into the city and there is no heavy traffic. The Lowes behind the community is very quiet and does not accept any deliveries after 8 and before 6. "Knock on wood" I have not experienced any bad activity from the neighboring communities. I might be wrong on this, but a city sign down the street says welcome to brookhaven, so I think the community is in brookhaven.

Old 11-10-2010, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 1,727 times
Ivey Gate - Best Centex townhome community in Atlanta/ 10 years old on over 2 acres with only 20 homes(a combination not to be repeated at this price point). Has beautiful gated entry and long parklike entry drive with benches/ european looking four sided brick townhomes built around wooded circle with bay windows/ 2300+ ft2/ two car garages/ decks overlooking densely wooded back yards/ quiet inside and out. Can walk to lake and Murphy Candler park/ Between Chamblee and Dunwoody - unincorporated and not to be included in Chamblee annexation - lower taxes. Low fees $135 Mo.
Homes available - 1 for lease. Forget other two - risky business when not sold out - prices can plumit.

Old 11-10-2010, 01:45 PM

1,709 posts, read 3,427,134 times
I live off of Ashford Dunwoody (at Nancy Creek).

- I think the Lowes Townhomes are a little ridiculous being so close to the street. And Ptree Golf Club does nothing for value. You can't even tell it is there. Just look at where Augusta National is...in the middle of low income housing.

- I am not familiar with the other development, but I would definitely look at Ashford Creek and its sister property on Peachtree Dunwoody. People are selling their places for less than they paid. May get a short sale.

And the comment about not having access to highways from the Lowes townhomes is not correct. You can get to GA400 probably quick without dealing with the Buckhead traffic.

Old 11-11-2010, 07:11 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,509 posts, read 15,113,258 times
The Augusta National isn't located in the middle of low-income housing.. There is a older $500 to $600 a month apartment complex across the street but that's about it. The apartment complex is going to be demolished in the future.

The rest of the surrounding area is middle and upper middle class neighborhoods.

Old 11-11-2010, 11:11 AM

1,709 posts, read 3,427,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
The Augusta National isn't located in the middle of low-income housing.. There is a older $500 to $600 a month apartment complex across the street but that's about it. The apartment complex is going to be demolished in the future.

The rest of the surrounding area is middle and upper middle class neighborhoods.
Washington Road area? Seems pretty ratty over there. The backside and the neighborhood they are snatching up are lower middle class imo.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,509 posts, read 15,113,258 times
Yeah, the road area where the new Sheraton and Holiday Inn Express are located. There are several side streets off Washington Road where rich and wealthy people live. It's basically a very long suburban strip full of hotels, restaurants, and stores.

WR consist of alot more than what's right by the National. The road is one of the longest and most driven roads in Augusta. There's a Publix, Fresh market, and Kroger located within half a mile of each other.

The apartment complex is lower middle class. I'm not sure what backside neighborhood you're reffering too. But most of the older homes immediately surrounding the National have been demolished...

Last edited by nortonguy; 11-11-2010 at 01:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta