Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 02:41 PM

3 posts, read 14,922 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

We are a young couple moving to Atlanta from Europe. We do not know the city so far and we were offered a condominium at Lenox Road? Is it a nice area? Is is safe? Would you recommend it to live? Why so or why not?

We rather avoide modern buildings at the Midtown, so is that a better choice?

I would appreciate any advices...

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 03:33 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,819,235 times
I haven't lived in Atlanta in a number of years but I lived near Lenox road as a child and it was an EXCELLENT part of town. Hopefully someone who lives near there now will give you the most uptodate info. You might also get more response on the Atlanta forum!

Old 08-09-2008, 07:26 AM

23,445 posts, read 44,050,291 times
I have rental property on Lenox Rd...there were some random car break-ins about 2 years ago on our property, but the car owners had left valuables out on the seat in plain sight. That is the only incident that I have heard about in the years that I have owned there.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:39 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,860,345 times
If you don't mind a heavily trafficked street Lenox road is fine.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:25 AM

7 posts, read 22,910 times
Lenox is very nice and very safe, good location- just learn the backroads and avoid Lenox Rd during rush hour if possible.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:50 AM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I have rental property on Lenox Rd...there were some random car break-ins about 2 years ago on our property, but the car owners had left valuables out on the seat in plain sight. That is the only incident that I have heard about in the years that I have owned there.

The Lenox Road area is a beautiful area but it's not immune to crime or violent crime. However, you're just as safe there as anywhere.

I can think of two past murders on Lenox Road. Any nice, and not so nice areas of Atlanta, has violent crime. This is America.

One guy was murdered, late at night, walking along Lenox Road. He worked at Houstons, and then was walking home after work. I think it was a random murder.

Nichols took MARTA, after killing the judge and several security guards, to the Lenox Mall Station. He walked along Lenox Road and entered an expensive townhome-a unit at the Alexandria Townhomes. He killed the new homeowner.

Old 08-09-2008, 11:58 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Nichols took MARTA, after killing the judge and several security guards, to the Lenox Mall Station. He walked along Lenox Road and entered an expensive townhome-a unit at the Alexandria Townhomes. He killed the new homeowner.
I fail to see how that has anything to do with how safe Lenox ROAD is for condo/home owners. That was completely random in comparison to any regular crime that goes on around there (which is by the way to the original poster - low compared to much of the intown areas).

Old 08-09-2008, 01:17 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,590,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
I fail to see how that has anything to do with how safe Lenox ROAD is for condo/home owners. That was completely random in comparison to any regular crime that goes on around there (which is by the way to the original poster - low compared to much of the intown areas).

Please read the post by the guy with the rental property on Lenox Road. I was specifically responding to his post. Nothing more and nothing less.

The guy, with the Lenox Road rental property, is talking about car break-ins, and inferring that that's about the only criminal activity in the area that he's aware of.

One concludes, from reading his post, that car break-ins are the general level of criminal activity, and that violent crimes are non-existent. That's not true. I was just pointing out that Lenox Road has seen two crimes much more serious than car break-ins.

Pointing the differences between the ramifications of a random crime, as opposed to a "regular" crime, is extraneous to what's being discussed. At least that's how I view it. What's being discussed are car break-ins as being the only level of criminal activity on Lenox Road.

Old 08-10-2008, 03:28 PM

3 posts, read 14,922 times
Default What at Lenox Rd?

Hi there!

Thank you very much for all good hints on Lenox Rd.

One more question on condos there - would you recommend or discourage us from leaving in any or rather how would you compare them? Is Lenox Hill ok, is Richmond or Chateau better? How is Wiltshire?

Thanks again!

Old 08-10-2008, 04:41 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,383 times
^If my memory serves right, Wiltshire is the "newest" condo complex in terms of buildings on Lenox. The others were apartments that were converted to condos or simply older condo units. The units are modern and nice.

Beware, however - whether you are renting or buying, the monthly association fees for condos on Lenox Road are hefty (often $300-400 for 2 bed condos), so be sure to factor that into your budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta