Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2007, 08:32 PM

3 posts, read 13,712 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Anybody know this Apartments place?
theashfordapartmenthomes
I'm moving to Atlanta and looking for apartment to rent and this one looks good for me, but.... I don't know if area is also good and safe to live.

The address is:
The Ashford
3564 Ashford Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30319

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2007, 09:11 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,096,388 times
I recall seeing some pretty nice looking apartment communities over there, but then I haven't been on that end of Ashford Dunwoody in about 5 or 6 years. Things change fast around here.

I have to be at PDK airport tomorrow, then Saint Joseph Hospital so I'll be in the area. If there is time, I'll drive by and take a look at the apartment building exterior and surroundings for you.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the area will reply, too.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:13 PM

Thank you so much! I very appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment 07 View Post
I recall seeing some pretty nice looking apartment communities over there, but then I haven't been on that end of Ashford Dunwoody in about 5 or 6 years. Things change fast around here.

I have to be at PDK airport tomorrow, then Saint Joseph Hospital so I'll be in the area. If there is time, I'll drive by and take a look at the apartment building exterior and surroundings for you.

Hopefully someone more familiar with the area will reply, too.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Smolimo, I drove by by The Ashford aparments today and lived to tell. It's fine, as far as I could tell from a drive-by.

The apartment buildings and grounds actually look better than the pictures on the website. Lots of green space and some of them adjoin a wooded area so there is some feeling of privacy on that side. Both the front entrance on Ashford Dunwoody Road and the back entrance off Johnson Ferry were gated.

The Ashford apartments are just down the street from Marist (Catholic high school) and Montgomery Elementary (a DeKalb County public school). The park and ball fields across the road looked good, very clean. There are some nice older homes in the area with some new, fancier homes sprinkled here and there. Nice condos to the north on Asford Dunwoody and some pricier, newer Post apartments, but I like the look and location of the Ashford townhouse-style apartments better.

Just around the corner at the Johhson Ferry/Ashford Dunwoody fork, there is a smallish shopping center with a Kroger grocery store. You could easily walk there.

I think you would be perfectly fine renting in that area.

By the way Atlantans, there's a utility crew blocking the north lane of Ashford Dunwoody just north of Marist. They flag one lane of that two-lane road at a time, of course, but with some aggravating lag time between switching over. Traffic is a mess even over there today.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:04 PM

279 posts, read 472,473 times
i grew up there at the corner of ashford dunwoody and harts mill. It is a very nice area, or it was 15 years ago. It is an excellent location and very close to several subway stations and perimiter mall. There is also an awesome park called murphy candler that has a lake, pool, little leauge etc.
Unless something has changed, it is a great choice.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
It is a very nice area, or it was 15 years ago. It is an excellent location and very close to several subway stations and perimiter mall.
It still appears that way to me, John. I was sad to see a couple of McMansions built on older homeplaces there. They might have been there for 3 or 4 years or they might have been brand new. Hard to tell. That kind seems designed to shout, "Look at ME!" rather than blending into a mellowed, older community.

Old 02-08-2007, 07:13 PM

Figmen,
Thank you very much for such informative description!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta