Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:58 AM

2 posts, read 6,918 times

Advertisements

Hello,

yes i would like more info about chacha.
Please email me {Moderator Removed}: Do not post personal email addresses in the rooms, please.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 10-31-2008 at 08:34 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 08:49 PM

111 posts, read 533,283 times
There are ways to make money from home. It isn't free, but it can pay off (and no I'm not talking about selling stuff on eBay).

Take a topic that you're passionate about, know about or would like to know more about. From there, you can setup a blog about whatever topic it is.

You probably won't end up retiring from it immediately but many of the website people visit today started as hobbies.

Old 01-31-2009, 02:10 PM

18 posts, read 163,362 times
Default How is the Thirty Day Challenge going?

I saw your below post and was wondering since it has been a couple of months, if you have been making money with the 30 day challenge? I've looked into it a little but it is always nice to hear it from someone and not from their website.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Do The 30 day Challenge.

Removed Link

I am doing it right now. Instead of working for someone lese. Create your own product and sell it from you 1 page website. I'll keep you busy. If you need any help DM me.

The cool thing about it is-IT COSTS YOU NOTHING! Just go through each day and follow along. You'll think it's the coolest thing ever. Please don't give up and just do it day by day. Go back and do the lessons over until you understand.

This is not spam or a scam!!!!!!!!!

cr

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 01-31-2009 at 02:33 PM..

Old 01-31-2009, 07:35 PM

297 posts, read 1,541,957 times
As someone mentioned, you can always sell stuff on ebay. I stay home with our 3 kids, and I "work" about 30 minutes a day creating listings and printing shipping labels. Whenever I am out running errands with the kids, I keep my eyes out for bargains. I have turned this into a successful business.... I am actually making the same amount as I was when I worked FT (as a financial analyst for The Home Depot). The best part is that I can put in my hours whenever I want, and if I do not feel like listing anything, I can just let it go. I find it perfect for a stay-at-home mom!

Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 PM

381 posts, read 508,432 times
play the stock market @ home...

unfortunately, you have to start off with minimum $10k. there are a few free limited trade brokers (google them for reviews). or you can purchase stock directly from the company to avoid broker fees.

now is a good time to play the market. do some research first. alota info on the web. keep an eye on bank of america (BAC) and GE. motley fool is a good source.

-a|ex

Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 PM

642 posts, read 2,224,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
As someone mentioned, you can always sell stuff on ebay. I stay home with our 3 kids, and I "work" about 30 minutes a day creating listings and printing shipping labels. Whenever I am out running errands with the kids, I keep my eyes out for bargains. I have turned this into a successful business.... I am actually making the same amount as I was when I worked FT (as a financial analyst for The Home Depot). The best part is that I can put in my hours whenever I want, and if I do not feel like listing anything, I can just let it go. I find it perfect for a stay-at-home mom!
Is it your own stuff you sell?

Old 02-05-2009, 09:41 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,170,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagmypts View Post
One of my brothers does this up in the Twin Cities. He visits estate sales and picks up quality stuff (mostly glassware in his case), and then resells it on eBay, usually for a profit. He makes fairly good money doing this.

Of course, it's taken him a considerable amount of time to gain the expertise to know how to reliably identify items and their value, but I guess he's becoming known up there as a quality buyer and subject expert so the folks running large sales sometimes give him a perk or two (like being let in early at sales to identify the key items he wants beforehand, etc.), and he also sometimes assists with appraisals.

Something to consider on the side, perhaps. Specialize in something specific and go from there.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:41 PM

55 posts, read 174,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Ok folks - hammer of Thor time.

First and foremost, I need to remind folks that it is against the terms of service for this site to post personal business links (which some of these have been so far) to drum up business/employees. If you post such a link in a room, they will be deleted, and multiple infractions will result in your being banned from the site.

For those posting links to or responding to outside source links posted by people who are simply trying to be helpful: Keep in mind that some of these "work at home" companies are legit - but by a larger margin, many more are not. Those that ask for any money from YOU up front for any type of fee is immediately a scam. Also keep in mind that some say they require a "criminal background check" about you - well, this will most likely require you giving them VERY personal information (such as a social security number). I can't speak for experts, but my guess is that many would suggest you never give personal info like this out - why do they need a background check for someone who will be answering phone calls from home, anyway?

So anyway - please do NOT post links to your personal companies here. Also please proceed with caution regarding any other legit link someone is trying to give you just to be helpful for this type of thing.

Thanks
I have a few friends that are doing at home work. They both had to pay money and they were not scams. The reason they ask for back ground checks is because for some of the companies you are taking credit card payment info. When you are watching that infomercial and decide to purchase most of the time you are calling somone sitting at home in their night gown. But Google has one too I have heard and its processing rebates from home.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:49 PM

297 posts, read 1,541,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrob View Post
Is it your own stuff you sell?
No, I do not sell my own stuff (as in stuff I make). However, I do create the listings myself. Most of the stuff I sell is for kids (clothes and toys). I love shopping for this stuff for my own kids, and now I just sell it to others.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 PM

7 posts, read 29,105 times
Go to arise.com; it is legit and i've been working with them since April 08. Its basically inbound customer service for retail stores, roadside assistance, reservations etc. You will need some money for incorporation or to form a LLC beacause they only contract with companies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta