Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM

925 posts, read 2,608,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mceis View Post
I'm so sick of this. Stop with all of this race BS!
So you make a vanity post to express that your opinion differs from others, and that they need to "stop it".

Quote:
Take a look at some of the other forums here on city-data. Raleigh-Durham, Charlotte, DC, Houston...they're not littered with race conflict.
Diverse areas breed conflict. Anywhere diversity is, there will be greater conflict. It's a fact of nature. That you haven't figured this out is odd, in my opinion.

Quote:
However, every time I look on Atlanta's forum there are race complaints. It's ridiculous. These other cities have diverse populations, but they seem to fair a lot better.
For example?

How do you know they're "fairing better"? Do you base this on a public forum, and are you saying that this forum is representative of everyone in the Atlanta area, and that other forums are representative of the people in those areas?

Diverse populations breed conflict. It's a fact of life. You need to realize that. The greater the "diversity", the greater the conflict. Areas that are relatively the same, in terms of demographics, will generally have the same amount of conflict, regardless of where they are located.

Quote:
A post on another thread mentioned that because Atlanta is diverse that it naturally leads to conflict.
This is a big no-brainer. Again, I'm surprised it took you so long to recognize this.

Quote:
I've lived in several of the cities I mentioned above. I also in NYC for a while, and let me tell you, there's diversity. People didn't give a rat's behind what you were.
Do you honestly believe that which you speak? Do you honestly believe that tribalism doesn't exist in some areas, but it does in others? All people wish to preserve the group and/or their areas from outsiders. It's perfectly natural. Diversity is unnatural.

Quote:
Whites, stop assuming the worst of blacks. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Most want to work hard and provide for their families like you.
Statistics don't lie.

Quote:
Blacks, most whites have nothing against you. Most of us want to see as many people succeed as possible. A rising tide floats all boats.
Of course, very few people want to see someone suffer.

Quote:
Whites and blacks, just because someone disagrees with you, or calls you out for acting like an idiot, it doesn't mean it's because of your race.

Atlanta, get your freakin' act together!
"Yes, Mommy"

Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM

210 posts, read 455,337 times
^Do you have any idea how bad you're making us white people look? It's starting to **** me off, actually...maybe you should take a break from this internet thing.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM

895 posts, read 2,367,141 times
Looks like NYC the most diverse city in the US is doing pretty well huh. How about vancouver which is ranked one of the best cities in the world to live in (#3), theyre also pretty diverse, must be alot of conflict there right?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillemeister View Post
^Do you have any idea how bad you're making us white people look? It's starting to **** me off, actually...maybe you should take a break from this internet thing.
Brillemeister, does my not falling for the cult of political correctness upset you?

Does the truth upset you?

What specifically was stated that is not factual?

Old 11-06-2009, 04:42 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,819,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brillemeister View Post
Luckily, as most everyone knows, all white people are not alike.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:25 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,808,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
So you make a vanity post to express that your opinion differs from others, and that they need to "stop it".

Diverse areas breed conflict. Anywhere diversity is, there will be greater conflict. It's a fact of nature. That you haven't figured this out is odd, in my opinion.

For example?

How do you know they're "fairing better"? Do you base this on a public forum, and are you saying that this forum is representative of everyone in the Atlanta area, and that other forums are representative of the people in those areas?

Diverse populations breed conflict. It's a fact of life. You need to realize that. The greater the "diversity", the greater the conflict. Areas that are relatively the same, in terms of demographics, will generally have the same amount of conflict, regardless of where they are located.

This is a big no-brainer. Again, I'm surprised it took you so long to recognize this.

Do you honestly believe that which you speak? Do you honestly believe that tribalism doesn't exist in some areas, but it does in others? All people wish to preserve the group and/or their areas from outsiders. It's perfectly natural. Diversity is unnatural.

Statistics don't lie.

Of course, very few people want to see someone suffer.

"Yes, Mommy"
"Stats don't lie"?Yet YOU do.Where is it written even by your use of stats that "MOST" blacks are doing the opposite of what MCEIS says they (we)are doing?That is :"Most want to work hard and provide for their families"?

Old 11-06-2009, 07:37 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
just joking.they are just people out there that are stupid anyway.
I am aware that many people where I live act stupid. In some cases it is frightening. Personally, life where I am currently living is wearing on me. I am more stressed out in Kennesaw than in Atlanta.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:46 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
"Stats don't lie"?Yet YOU do.Where is it written even by your use of stats that "MOST" blacks are doing the opposite of what MCEIS says they (we)are doing?That is :"Most want to work hard and provide for their families"?
City Fanatic likes to say things like that. Most of what he says is beyond reasoning with. Statistically, there are 4 million African-Americans on welfare and 10 million Whites on welfare. Most of the people who are on welfare are White. Does that mean all White people are lazy and don't want to work? No way. I wouldn't think like that. Stereotypes are just pathologies of control. Yes there are people who fit the stereotype, but taking the stereotype and applying it to the entire ethnicity is a pathology of control. It is about using the stereotype in some people and treating everyone of that ethnicity differently, and often badly. Methods include denying someone a job or fair access to housing. Racism is not merely a moral factor, but an economic factor. People using the stereotype in a few and denying everyone who looks like them a job.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
It isn't a nuclear family, that's for sure, as most blacks live in a female-headed household. Adult black males are almost non-existent, accounting for only about 25-30% of black households in which children live.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
City Fanatic likes to say things like that. Most of what he says is beyond reasoning with. Statistically, there are 4 million African-Americans on welfare and 10 million Whites on welfare. Most of the people who are on welfare are White. Does that mean all White people are lazy and don't want to work? No way. I wouldn't think like that. Stereotypes are just pathologies of control. Yes there are people who fit the stereotype, but taking the stereotype and applying it to the entire ethnicity is a pathology of control. It is about using the stereotype in some people and treating everyone of that ethnicity differently, and often badly. Methods include denying someone a job or fair access to housing. Racism is not merely a moral factor, but an economic factor. People using the stereotype in a few and denying everyone who looks like them a job.
A stereotype, by and large, isn't true. It is true that blacks commit crimes at much higher levels to whites. Hence, it isn't a stereotype, as saying that blacks commit crimes at much higher levels than whites is a truth. I didn't state that all blacks commit crime, which would be a stereotype. I simply stated that blacks commit crime at much higher rates to any other group, a statistical fact and, hence, not a stereotype.

Blacks total about 35 million, whereas whites total about 200 million. Of course you're going to find more whites on welfare, but statistically, blacks are much more likely and have a higher percentage of their people on welfare than do whites. 4 million blacks equals about 1 out of 9 blacks. 10 million whites equals about 1 out of 20 whites. Hence, blacks are over twice as likely to use welfare.

I challenge you to refute anything that I stated, with any type of measure to prove me incorrect. I know you can't do it, but it's fun to watch politically correct, brainwashed individuals try to do something that they can't do: beat the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta