Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 11:27 AM

1 posts, read 42,984 times

Advertisements

i need to find an apartment complex that accepts bad credit or has no credit check if somebody can help me i really apperciated it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 12:02 PM

826 posts, read 3,120,011 times
You should try renting through a Private Landlord as opposed to a property management company. You will have better luck explaining your situation.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:48 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,318 times
You shouldn't have a problem renting. Usually, when you are a renter the landlord/owner knows you must have bad credit to rent. As long as you don't have an eviction on your credit and you have a job I don't think you should worry too much. Many places in GA are renting now a days and not even looking at your credit because places are staying vacant more (rents are reducing and many incentives are being offered just to get you in the door).

Good luck to you.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:41 PM

3 posts, read 47,003 times
Most apartment complexes in the suburbs will accept bad credit, you just might have to deal with more red tape.

They are also putting up so many houses that in Henry County, they are now renting out brand new homes to people with bad/no credit.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:57 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,872,549 times
Actually, the truth is that in metro Atlanta, all apartment complexes DO look at your credit score. Well ok, maybe the worst of the worst don't, but anything decent does. Now, whether or not they'll work with you if you have a bad score is another matter. Some may simply require a larger deposit. Others will just say "see ya". You'll just have to ask upfront how they deal with it.

If you have some sort of letter of recommendation from a previous landlord or rental office that says you were never late in the past, that might help with some places.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:07 PM

55 posts, read 173,778 times
I have bad credit. The thing is you may get accepted but they ask for a bigger deposit sometimes. I am actually relocating from Florida and was having a hell of a problem. Try contacting pro-move. They are a free service. You let them know your situation and how much you wanna pay and so on and they will e-mail you a list of places. They e-mailed me a ton of places and quickly. GOOD LUCK!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 09:41 PM

74 posts, read 342,218 times
You best bet is to go Private Landlord and explain your situation, avoid the slum lords, some might have u put down a larger deposit, some might not, it all depends. I wouldn't waste your time going and applying to every apartment because they will look at your credit regardless of whether it's excellent, good or fair...Also if you want an apartment look at applying to some of those base on your income...

Old 01-01-2009, 10:16 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
private landlords also run credit checks. if they ever have been burned in the past, they wont go near bad credit.

bad or no credit in atlanta and you want to avoid subsidized and subpar housing? Prepare for a lot of deposits, a lot. 3+ months of rent + security and damage deposits.

Ive been moving a lot lately and they have tightened selection of renters in many places. The last places i was in required proof of funds for at least 6 months ( i guess in case you lose your job) and they actually called my employer. I smirked when my boss told me they had called him... this was several months back

it's even harder now..

Old 01-02-2009, 03:59 AM

46 posts, read 232,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
private landlords also run credit checks. if they ever have been burned in the past, they wont go near bad credit.

bad or no credit in atlanta and you want to avoid subsidized and subpar housing? Prepare for a lot of deposits, a lot. 3+ months of rent + security and damage deposits.

Ive been moving a lot lately and they have tightened selection of renters in many places. The last places i was in required proof of funds for at least 6 months ( i guess in case you lose your job) and they actually called my employer. I smirked when my boss told me they had called him... this was several months back

it's even harder now..
SOME private landlords run credit checks. I rent from an individual and they never ran a credit check or called my employer. There are postings on Craigslist (tons of them) that say no credit check. Most of those posts state that they require one month's rent as a deposit. If you have the money for a months rent as deposit and your first months rent, and a job...you should not have any problem finding a rental with no credit check.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:57 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,576 times
i wouldnt trust a shady landlord for my own sake. a good friend of mine has rental units and he evicts people over sneezing the wrong way... 100$ at the county courthouse and you are on the street for any reason at any time.

i would really be careful whom i rent from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: