Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:24 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,521,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I have heard that several companies are establishing call centers in the Atlanta area, as they anticipate that the Obama administration will penalize companies that are sending these jobs overseas. A friend of mine that had been laid off for a while just got a job as a supervisor at one of them.
SPILL YOUR GUTS LD!!! whats going down?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,521,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mslashondapjohnson View Post
I'm not sure what area you are in but here are a couple that I know for a fact that are hiring. First off Assurant Solutions (these are call center) through either First Pro or Focus Group(agencies) for customer service . Ryla is hiring for customer service in Kennesaw and are having job fairs as I was informed that they are opening a new center and want to hire 500+ individuals. Terminix in Gwinnett county off of Data Rd is hiring for customer service and finally Verizon is hiring but the training doesn't start until Feb 9th and the places I listed are all accurate as these were just last week that I spoke with someone there and was informed and I work for assurant so if you need any information Direct message me about that one. Good Luck!
Now thats whats up!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:13 PM

23,450 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
SPILL YOUR GUTS LD!!! whats going down?
This is what I'm hearing, darlin'...

Old 02-15-2009, 08:37 PM

9 posts, read 32,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pellur View Post
First of all you should pay attention to your grammar and spellings. It should be "who is hiring" and "leaving" instead of "leaaving". Mistakes like these in your Resume will irk recruiters and interviewers.

That said, what are you skill sets? What kind of job are you looking for?

Have you used job sites like monster, careerbuilder, indeed, ajcjobs etc?

Let people know what exactly you are looking for and they will help you. I apologize if I offended you.
It's a shame that, when looking for help, people here are met with condescension. I think that if someone responds to a request for help with criticism of grammatical errors, that person's response should be grammatically correct. For example, capitalize proper nouns such as Monster, Careerbuilder, Indeed, etc.

Old 02-15-2009, 09:33 PM

16,689 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita15 View Post
It's a shame that, when looking for help, people here are met with condescension. I think that if someone responds to a request for help with criticism of grammatical errors, that person's response should be grammatically correct. For example, capitalize proper nouns such as Monster, Careerbuilder, Indeed, etc.
Thank you, Juanita...kickin' someone when they're already "down" is so unnecessary.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 3,700 times
can someone plazzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell whats hireing i just move here from chiago!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 01:54 PM

17,473 posts, read 66,010,995 times
Parcel carriers are hiring for holiday temp work.
All the big chain retailers are hiring seasonal temp workers.

Next time, move half way across the country with a job.

Old 09-27-2010, 04:19 AM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
Parcel carriers are hiring for holiday temp work.
All the big chain retailers are hiring seasonal temp workers.

Next time, move half way across the country with a job.
I don't have that option to move halfway across the nation. Cost of living, still in school, other stuff. Otherwise I would be gone.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:48 AM

17,473 posts, read 66,010,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I don't have that option to move halfway across the nation. Cost of living, still in school, other stuff. Otherwise I would be gone.

My comment wasn't directed at you- It was for sl (#16 post)

Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 AM

72,978 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K'ledgeBldr View Post
My comment wasn't directed at you- It was for sl (#16 post)
Didn't know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: