Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 11:18 AM

16,715 posts, read 29,568,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
My post may or may not have been racist, but it was true. When it comes to the City of Atlanta government, being african-american trumps any other qualification. This lady may be a fine person, but is she the most qualified person out there? I'm not so sure. At to ITP's "dirty little secret", people may be liberal, but they are not stupid. Why do you think most of the private schools are ITP? Most whites and asians do not want to send their kids to a majority black school. Most african-americans don't even want to. Sorry, but a lot of black kids cause too many disruptions, and they require too much of the teachers time because they start school fairly far behind most other kids. Why should my kids suffer because so many black kids come from households headed by young, uneducated mothers who don't value education that much? The people in Cobb county may tolerate a black principal, but I promise they will pull their kids out if the percentage of african-american students approaches 40%. Although with this economy they may be stuck.
(See highlighted above)

Presenting...ITP's Dirty Little Secret--perfectly stated! Lol.

Moderator cut: no need for name calling !

Last edited by MB2; 02-16-2009 at 07:22 AM..

Old 02-14-2009, 11:44 AM

281 posts, read 617,921 times
Black people would be screaming racism if they tried to place a caucasian principal at a all-black elementary school in southwest Atlanta.

Old 02-14-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
Another ignorant comment (I dont expect any less from you at this point). You see white principals in all settings. I for one worked in a minority school (black and latino students accounted for 70+% of the pop) where the principal was white (and a male). So your point makes no sense. I agree that the schools you mention do exist, but it's matter of class/money and not just race. Low income is low income, but you cannot make it a race issue for every argument.

You could have brought an intelligent and probably compelling point where you could have made an intelligent association of low income and lack of resources, lack of support, parents' lack of education themselves, single mothers/households. It would have been different, but you really don't strike me as intelligent, so I expect this low level of intellect and reasoning from your type. You probably don't have kids, or a woman, and have no intelligent things to say, therefore start nonsense on forums.

Even with low income there are exceptions. Plenty at that. I've seen schools where the parental support was there in low income areas, versus parents with money, not being supportive and present. I've seen the opposite as well. Things are not just black and white all the time. There are many variables to different situations. So enough of your uninformed, racist, shallow comments. Plus, your grammar is sub-par. Improve on that. About qualification, there are plenty of whites that are not suited for certain positions, but would you use their race as the reason? Get over it man.

In one of your comments you put your foot, more like your hoof in your mouth by stating even blacks dont want to put their kids in certain schools. What does that tell you? It's a matter of education level, social and economic differences versus race. You're an embarrassment to whites, if that's what you really are. What a shame. Just down right ignorant. At least you speak what's on your (small and uninformed) mind. I give you that much..(D/A )
I like how you can't refute the facts I have stated, so you resort to personal attacks. I had to laugh when you attacked my grammar, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You may be right to a certain extent about blaming the problems on class/income. But the issues I spoke about are more prevalent in black culture regardless of income. I would rather put my kids in a school full of poor chinese kids than a school of middle-class black kids. Believe me, I don't think white people are perfect. I watched the show "Children of Appalachia" last night and it made me ill. My main point was that I feel that this principal was chosen more because of her skin color than her qualifications. Hopefully I am wrong. I hope she comes in and does well. I do hope they don't have to spend a week on Kwanzaa again this year though

Old 02-14-2009, 03:10 PM

You are welcome to ignore my posts, it's a free country. As to your point about going to a low-income(black)neighborhood in Atlanta and sharing my views, I would be happy to if they would promise not to get violent. I can't see that happening though. I would tell then to quit having all these kids out of wedlock and before they have an education and a job. I would tell the fathers to get involved in their children's lives. It is your responsibility to see that your child gets a good education.
Don't worry about my success, as I am already successful and I get along fine with people of every race. Moderator removed - stop baiting.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 02-16-2009 at 08:22 PM..

Old 02-14-2009, 03:58 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,428,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
You are welcome to ignore my posts, it's a free country. As to your point about going to a low-income(black)neighborhood in Atlanta and sharing my views, I would be happy to if they would promise not to get violent. I can't see that happening though. I would tell then to quit having all these kids out of wedlock and before they have an education and a job. I would tell the fathers to get involved in their children's lives. It is your responsibility to see that your child gets a good education.
Don't worry about my success, as I am already successful and I get along fine with people of every race. Do you even live in Atlanta? You don't seem to know much about politics here.

See, what you just said there is not a lie. There needs to be accountability and people need to be more responsive and reactive to their kids' education and upbringing. Not just poor blacks, latinos and poor whites (plenty of middle class whites are irresponsible too). People altogether. I'll give you that much, but to discredit and not hire someone because of their race is wrong. It is true, with your mentality, minorities and women who work around people like yourself, do have to prove themselves by working twice as hard, because you will always put the barrier of race or sex before their abilities.

You're behind a computer. That does not prove anything about who you are in terms of success, and claiming to have friends of all races. People gauge success differently anyways. Some due to money, education, health, family etc. I see your ignorance, not because of what you said in this particular post (I think you're right on this one), but because you wished someone else who may have been less qualified, but white may have gotten the job. That I have a problem with.

See I dont agree with people selecting people of the same race for jobs, if they are not qualified. It's not right whether black or white, but you get to see the other side of the coin, since you are in Atlanta. You see the same things you would if you were somewhere in Wisconsin, Elijay or some area where blacks are the real minorities. You see "unfair" treatments. You see it throughout the country in other towns, cities, and states and don't complain about it. That's called privilege, my friend. Be it white or black. It's not right, but complaints arise when you stand on the wrong side of the fence. It's bound to happen.

If the good ol'e boy mentality did not exist, we may not be talking about this now, but it exists. Any group in power will give its own the upper or lending hand. The same thing happens in South Florida with the Latinos. Go to Miami, and you'll see for yourself. It's the same. Go to some places like Oregon, Nebraska, Wyoming and you'll see the same with Anglos. Stop whining. I have no problems bringing race when it's deemed just and relevant, but most people just see race, and will not let good reasoning take precedence.

Are you still up for heading to any ghetto of your choice and shouting some racial slur and let me hold your cars keys, while you do it? I'll stay in the car, you shout..I run off..See you at your place after the incident for some beers? Better make it in one piece, lol.
Let me know when and where to pick you up. You might make the nine o'clock news.

Old 02-14-2009, 04:04 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,428,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENAL View Post
I'm quite surprised and totally disgusted that this forum allows and tolerates these type of comments. I cannot believe that people of your so called callabra could make such ignorant comments. You have the nerve to say you get along fine with people of every race! Are you mad or just plain stupid! How are you going to tolerate having a BLACK PRESIDENT!! lol
It's good to see these types of people say what's on their minds. It reminds us that there are plenty of people in the world that need help, and aren't over race, religious or sex issues. Let them talk. It's negative, but it's a reminder. Let him talk all he wants. It's really a sickness. It's a free country, right?

Elvez,
Let me know if you want to go to some bad area and speak that nonsense. I'd be glad to be the chauffeur.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:28 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,438,715 times
Dear members and participants of this thread.
We have veered so far off topic of the original posted question, that I am closing this thread (instead of playing referee about different race issues some people on here seem to have), making it into a part time job for myself to edit, delete...just because some people don't seem to agree and get along.

DM or e-mail each other, but don't play this back and forth and ruin it for the rest of us!
Get a room.....you two !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: