Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:08 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I don't really give a damn about dogs and i especially hate cats. The man served his time so let that be that. Hell The media and those PETA freaks made a bigger deal than someone committing murder to a HUMAN.

And where was all The outrage when they could still LEGALLY fight roosters in Louisiana? I guess they aren't as important as dogs.
Vick will pay his dues. What goes around comes around. The best people in the world are ones who have compassion for animals! You say you hate cats and dogs ....what did they ever do to you? Hate is not a good thing to carry around on your shoulders!

Last edited by Blondie621; 03-02-2009 at 05:21 PM..

Old 03-02-2009, 05:13 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussie View Post
Because he hurt dogs! Dogs are not intended for being slaughtered for money! He is just a greedy horrible man.. Dog spelled backward spells God.. Dogs ARE MANS BEST FRIENDS!!!
Now that's a good one...let's start a new cult! Or would it be a new sect?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseInATL View Post
How is killing a living animal (cows, pigs, etc) "humane" in your book, but not another type of animal (dogs, maybe cats)? I think you're the one who needs to "get real." How do we, as human beings, have the right to judge which animal is OK to kill and which one isn't? I'm no animal lover, but I think this is an obvious question that we should ask ourselves.

And the reason why dog fighting became illegal, I believe, is because people started owning them as pets and developed emotional attachments. Generally, people do not have clear minds when making decisions that they have some kind of emotional connection to.
Sorry Charlie, but people with no emotional attachments have no mind at all! Oh! And just in case you did not know this, the canine has been mans best friend since God put them together on this earth! They are also used for search and rescue and they are smarter than some people!
Children who grow up with a dog and are taught by their parents to love and respect all animals turn out to be some of the best people that walk this earth! They grow up with compassion...something a mindless person has no clue about! So do not tell me who does or does not have a clear mind!

Old 03-02-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i would never watch or go to a game with michael vick in it, nor would a lot of other people i know. why would the leagues want to risk alienating even one ticket sale or one viewer in this already tanking market? vick is not getting any younger and there are plenty of good players out there who could be great if given the chance....
You are soooo right! Like vick is the last football player on this earth. Gimme a break. No one in his right mind will hire this thug back! I would like to see how fast he could run if they dropped him in a jungle somewhere!

Old 03-02-2009, 06:19 PM

82 posts, read 335,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
What Vick did is uncomprehensible.....he is the lowest form of any beast walking this earth! His name will never be forgotten nor what he did to those poor defenseless dogs. Anyone who abuses any animal is the lowest form of life on earth and does not deserve to walk it.
Be that as it may, he did his time for a felony while others are cheered and paid hansomely for similar sports. In Vick's case, is it the treatment of the animals or the level of the crime that makes it so bad?

Old 03-02-2009, 06:31 PM

100 posts, read 408,156 times
Blondie you don't know what is really right or wrong. Nobody does. No one in here has the right to judge Mike Vick. In reality we do not know what is really right. Laws were made to prevent humanity from getting out of control. It is in our nature to lose control. We abide by these laws or else serious consequences would happen to the individual who breaks them.

Why is it wrong to force dogs to fight? Why is it right to kill minks and tigers for their fur. Why is it legal to have sex with a 13 year old girl in one country, but it is illegal to have sex with a 13 year old girl here in the USA. What makes America right and the rest of the world wrong?

Mike Vick was caught doing something illegal and he payed his dues. None of us has the right to say what he did was wrong because we do not really know if what he did was wrong. Most people in reality just think he is a bad person because he broke the law. If dogfighting was determined to be legal many years ago we would not be having this conversation and Mike Vick would still be the QB for the Atlanta Falcons.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:48 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Very well said Xenourtv. I also have a question for all these so called 'animal lovers' who are in such contradiction with themselves right now. You talk about humanity for animals, which I am for and agree with, but where is your compassion for human beings? You are hypocrites to want Vick dead or fried, and you want to pass judgement because of what he did. Then claim to be lovers of animals. In the most basic aspect, what are humans and animals? Living beings..

Yes, it was wrong but those casting stones on him are no better. What happened to the human element? I bet most of the same people that claim to love these animals never stepped foot in a shelter to help a fellow human being or even a neighbor. You probably would prefer helping a dog on the street (that's probably lost and not hurt) over a hungry, suffering kid in some poor neighborhood.

I said it numerous times, what Vick did was wrong and he paid for it. Now let the man live and stop trying to act like Gods yourselves. You talk against animal cruelty, yet you want the same wicked acts done to Vick. Enough already!!! You dont want to watch him play, your choice. You dont want to support the team he plays for after this, good for you too. Life will go on, people will continue with their lives. I cannot believe this thread got this long over what happened. The dogs are gone, Vick went to jail. Leave it alone, and get a life.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:04 PM

440 posts, read 1,691,722 times
Vick needs to give those precious dogs he beat to death their lives back.. it's your misfortune that you have no compassion for helpless creatures! Vick should NEVER EVER PLAY PRO FOOTBALL AGAIN!!! I pity the team that gets him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:11 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gussie View Post
Vick needs to give those precious dogs he beat to death their lives back.. it's your misfortune that you have no compassion for helpless creatures! Vick should NEVER EVER PLAY PRO FOOTBALL AGAIN!!! I pity the team that gets him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I know you're not saying this to me. I have compassion for all living beings. Humans more than animals. It does not make me an animal hater. I have a dog myself. I think that Vick paid for his mistakes, and we need to leave him alone.

He cant give them back their lives. Be real!! He paid for it in jail, locked up to think and regrett. Remorse? I dont know. That's between Vick and his conscience. I guarantee you this. Ask most people who are die hard football fans, if they'd like to see Vick play again. It may surprise you.

Btw (Im no big football fan, so it makes no difference to me, what the NFL does with Vick )

Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM

68 posts, read 221,022 times
Hmmmmmmmm reading some of the posts here I am almost compelled not to even engage in this conversation so I am going to keep it short....first of all...let us all try to REMEMBER....what type of person can pick up a dog and slam it to the ground till death...what type of person can put an innocent 6 month old puppy in with a grown dog that has been beaten, starved and God only knows what else to make it "mean"....and tie that 6 month old puppy while the older dog has a field day with the constant nudging and pushing of his " owner " or " caretaker "....in the meantime the puppy is ripped practically to shreds crying out in pain...but in vain...to deaf ears...ears that do not hear the cry of pain coming from a living thing.....this is also part of dog fighting...it is not just about two dogs fighting like our boxers and wrestlers do......oh no....there is a LONG list of constant abuse. beatings..starvings..females in " rape " stands...how disgusting....puppies being killed......dogs FORCED to fight and beaten, electrocuted, hung, slammed to the ground if they cannot perform....now I call ANYONE that is involved in any way shape or form in this barbaric act of " entertainment " and MONEY to be extremely sick sick sick and evil human beings.......PURE EVIL....now I like the one with the bull and the matador...that's good....we talk peaches you wanna talk apples....sorry that's another topic and also let me say a horrific and sick and evil form of entertainment...to watch the bull die a slow and painful death....you see there are many many evil un-compassionate and without conscience or any type of feeling for a living, breathing animal people out there....they are all over....that's why there is so much animal abuse and probably just as much child abuse.....because anyone that can do these things to animals is not NORMAL......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta