Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,318,092 times

Advertisements

Metro Atlanta actually has a very sizeable Jewish population and historically the city has a very established and old Jewish community. A bit of trivia--the Anti-Defamation League was founded in reaction to the lynching of a Jewish pencil factory manager here in Atlanta back in 1915. Also, Atlanta has had a Jewish mayor--Sam Massell--who now heads the Buckhead Coalition. MARTA was founded during his administration in the late 60s/early 70s. The current Cobb County Commission Chairman Sam Olens is also Jewish.

Jewish families live all over the metro area--especially in Sandy Springs and Dunwoody. There is a very sizeable Jewish community in central DeKalb County, stretching north towards Brookhaven and south towards Decatur--including Toco Hills, Druid Hills, and North Decatur. The area around the Toco Hills neighborhood has a large concentration of orthodox Jews and you will see many of them walking to and from Temple. Several grocery stores in the area also have a rabbi on staff to inspect the Kosher meats and food. Above all else, there are plenty of Jewish civic organizations and groups where you can network and be active in the community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 02:50 PM

593 posts, read 2,893,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta2 View Post
LOL. Thanks.
I've pretty much narrowed it down to Sandy Springs or Dunwoody. The Perimeter Mall has been calling my name.
Can you hear it? It's calling, "Hotlanta, Hotlanta..."
Perimeter mall is just a mall.
Phipps Plaza is the one you want.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagbark Hickory View Post
No way...

North Pointe, Towne Center, Stonecrest, Cumberland - those are "just a mall". Perimeter is not on the level of Lenox, but it certainly isn't your average, everyday mall. With Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom as anchors, and a good-sized list of higher-end national chains, Perimeter is far from average.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:51 PM

Lenox is 'just a mall' too.

You won't find a saks, barney's of ny, jimmy choo, et cetera at those other malls.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:03 AM

120 posts, read 302,191 times
Quote:
Just checked it out - oh gosh you are right. It's in or near Buckhead right?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:35 AM

Yes it's about 5 miles away from your future home in dunwoody.
Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible
^^^ Click here anyway

Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Yes it's about 5 miles away from your future home in dunwoody.
Your web browser and the Maps site are incompatible
^^^ Click here anyway
LOL You have no idea how nice it feels to come into a city-data forum where people are allowed to discuss things openly whether they like or dislike something.
Makes me feel like Atlanta is going to be a bit more of what I'm used to compared to where I am now. *whew*

Old 07-01-2009, 12:04 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta2 View Post
LOL You have no idea how nice it feels to come into a city-data forum where people are allowed to discuss things openly whether they like or dislike something.
Makes me feel like Atlanta is going to be a bit more of what I'm used to compared to where I am now. *whew*
Is that not true in some forums on C-D?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:53 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Lenox is 'just a mall' too.

You won't find a saks, barney's of ny, jimmy choo, et cetera at those other malls.
Okay then...whatever you say.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
Is that not true in some forums on C-D?
Unfortunately, yes. The Pittsburgh forum is one of those crazy places where if you say you dislike something you are basically called names and sent to sit in the corner.
It's actually quite sad because instead of discussing situations and trying to help the unsatisfied person out by making suggestions, they are instead made to feel like a "troll" for voicing an opposition.
Fortunately though, the forum is not indicative of the people I've met in Pittsburgh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta