Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 07:38 AM

625 posts, read 1,149,454 times

Advertisements

Texas is only 8%. The ajc is now bragging about "atlanta" taking jobs from Ohio.. LOL, that's not saying much they are 10.8%.

Considering the population of Texas that's a LOT better than GA and OH combined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 10:03 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I'm assuming you meant, "living the same lifestyle, not leaving". (You lost me there for a second.)

But the other posters are right. There are so many people till this day putting up a front, driving cars they had no business driving in the first place, still buying incessantly, as if the money and credit cards they have are going to rot.

Just because you make $80k, does not mean you need to spend $80k or more. That's what put people in the mess they're in now, and I have no pity for these types. Let them learn.

I do agree with you, that yes, there are more people working than there are laid off, even with the news hiting us on the head with RECESSION, RECESSION, RECESSION all day long. There are plenty of people still working, being productive and living their day to day lives, as they did Pre-RECESSION. But none of these are excuses for people to live beyond their means. Some have not learned, some will never learn.

Don't ever think again in your life, because someone drives a BMW or a BENZ that it equates to success, or having money. In the land of easy credit, people still conning their ways to get financed for cars and homes, knowing they wont be able to pay for them 6 months down the line, a Benz or Bimmer means zilch.

A man or woman of any race/location/profession is never going to impress me with a car, regardless of how "expensive" it may be.
I could care less about what the Joneses have. Last I heard they went broke....

Some people drive BMW~Escalade etc, and live in huts/ghettos/run down areas or $800/month apts, with nothing else to show for. So that means nothing. You seem young. Your post exudes immaturity. No offense. But let's be real.

Driving a BMW means nothing more than that person pays a car note like everyone else in this country. The majority of people in this country cannot buy a $90k BMW every 2-3 years, so most are leasing them (and plenty are ripping themselves off). Get it right.

First of all you said all that For what ??? I was not challenging your post so you didnt have send me a 30 page paper. I was just making a statement as to what about those who do have money and are driving nice cars and are making investments towards there future. You labeled everyone in one catergory in your first post ,you didnt even speak up for those who are not fronting... how can you speak for the whole city of Atlanta and say most are this and most are that??? First im 29 and Im not immature so you were out of pocket for that.. I was just saying I drive a BMW I own my own town home im not spending ridiculous amounts of money to front and be something that Im not thats why I wrote what I wrote when you made that statement about people fronting.. Yes there are those who are and there are those who arent. Me driving a BMW doesnt make me better than anyone are proves that I make alot of money. I Like nice luxury cars and nice things and if I can afford them I will buy them without having to front.. Trust I was raised on how to budget and make money expand so that I could have what I want in the fusture. So please dont give me a lecture. Worry about you and whether are not your making ends meet in this economy..

Old 02-23-2010, 10:17 AM

I might add I would never think because someone is driving a luxury car that they have money.. You can go to a dealers car auction and get them for lilof nothing.. Trust I know when someone has money in the bank

Old 02-23-2010, 02:28 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
First of all you said all that For what ??? I was not challenging your post so you didnt have send me a 30 page paper. I was just making a statement as to what about those who do have money and are driving nice cars and are making investments towards there future. You labeled everyone in one catergory in your first post ,you didnt even speak up for those who are not fronting... how can you speak for the whole city of Atlanta and say most are this and most are that??? First im 29 and Im not immature so you were out of pocket for that.. I was just saying I drive a BMW I own my own town home im not spending ridiculous amounts of money to front and be something that Im not thats why I wrote what I wrote when you made that statement about people fronting.. Yes there are those who are and there are those who arent. Me driving a BMW doesnt make me better than anyone are proves that I make alot of money. I Like nice luxury cars and nice things and if I can afford them I will buy them without having to front.. Trust I was raised on how to budget and make money expand so that I could have what I want in the fusture. So please dont give me a lecture. Worry about you and whether are not your making ends meet in this economy..
Your original statement sounded very shallow and uninformed.
Read mine again, to see which points we agreed and disagreed on, then come back.

Good for you, if you like Luxury cars, as if I cared. The point I was making was piggy-backing what someone else was saying, about people fronting down here and all over.

Again, no disrepect, but your initial post sounded very juvenile at best (something a 19 yr old would say). Sorry, and Take Care.

I'm more than making ends meet, buddy.

This economy actually allows me to make more money. Thank you.

Quote:
I might add I would never think because someone is driving a luxury car that they have money.. You can go to a dealers car auction and get them for lilof nothing.. Trust I know when someone has money in the bank

Glad you know that...That makes two of us.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Your original statement sounded very shallow and uninformed.
Read mine again, to see which points we agreed and disagreed on, then come back.

Good for you, if you like Luxury cars, as if I cared. The point I was making was piggy-backing what someone else was saying, about people fronting down here and all over.

Again, no disrepect, but your initial post sounded very juvenile at best (something a 19 yr old would say). Sorry, and Take Care.

I'm more than making ends meet, buddy.

This economy actually allows me to make more money. Thank you.

Glad you know that...That makes two of us.

And the same to you my friend your post was very shallow and judemental and seemed very one sided. You went into an overkill about fronting... You seem like you would be the type of person that would see someone that was driving a nice car and you would say. (He need to stop fronting I bet thats a rental or its probably leased) not knowing what that person fianicial situtation may be. I was only acknowledging the number of people that do work hard for what they got even though they may be show boating and that everyone doesnt have that mentallity of fronting. You need to say in your experience you know people who front, dont speak for everyone.It doesnt matter to me whether or not you care that I have a BMW, I didnt write that statement to get your approval on how you or anyone would feel knowing thats what I drove. I was referring to your very very first post about this matter sir, not the one you just posted. SO I know your going to quote this so go ahead and get your 5 minutes of fame because after this im threw with the discussion Ill make sure im the last person to debate or argue about anything on city data

Old 02-23-2010, 08:14 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,424,737 times
I honestly could care less about you, or what you have to say about the matter. You took offense. I don't know why. I was calling it what it was.

We shall part ways..Peace to you, Rudeboy...(The name's well suited, I might say. The other poster was right. Poof! Vanish! ).

Quote:
And the same to you my friend your post was very shallow and judemental ?(spell check, I assume you meant judgmental) and seemed very one sided. You went into an overkill about fronting... You seem like you would be the type of person that would see someone that was driving a nice car and you would say. ("He need to stop fronting." I bet thats (it's that's, not thats) a rental or its (it's it's, not its) probably leased) not knowing what that person fianicial (I'm assuming you mean financial?) situtation may be. I was only acknowledging the number of people that do work hard for what they got even though they may be show boating and that everyone doesnt have that mentallity (mentality) of fronting. You need to say in your experience you know people who front, dont speak for everyone.It doesnt matter to me whether or not you care that I have a BMW, I didnt write that statement to get your approval on how you or anyone would feel knowing thats what I drove. I was referring to your very very first post about this matter sir, not the one you just posted. SO I know your going to quote this so go ahead and get your 5 minutes of fame because after this im threw? (you meant through, right?) with the discussion Ill make sure im the last person to debate or argue about anything on city data
I see you're using Patois with the rest of us, that wont cut it .

Check yourself next time.

I'm done with the bickering. You don't like what I said, maybe because I rubbed you the wrong way. If anything, my bad.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I honestly could care less about you, or what you have to say about the matter. You took offense. I don't know why. I was calling it what it was.

We shall part ways..Peace to you, Rudeboy...(The name's well suited, I might say. The other poster was right. Poof! Vanish! ).

I'm done with the bickering. You don't like what I said, maybe because I rubbed you the wrong way. If anything, my bad.

(yawn) i know your tired because typing that I know it over worked your brain so you have a nice night. I'm sure I'll hear from you again

Old 02-23-2010, 09:09 PM

Quote:

(yawn) i know your tired because typing that message I know it over worked your brain
so you have a nice night get some rest.. I'm sure I'll hear from you again

Old 12-06-2010, 08:05 AM
MGD

122 posts, read 290,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamM View Post
We need more posters on here like you. I like your style.
Thank you! I've been gone for a long time but that's because things stabilized and I didn't need to be concerned about moving and city info! I should come back though this place has TONS of information!

And it's a good resource from real parents about the real deal on schools...which my daughter is to start soon.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:20 AM
MGD

122 posts, read 290,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Are you serious?? Driving a Benz, BMW or Lexus means you have lots of money? I know so many people driving these types of cars and are LEASING them. Many of them can barely make the note. So please, material things mean nothing.
It means something because even though it takes a few months for the repo man to be sent for a non-paid car, fact is they are still affording it, and for every ONE like what you describe, the other 9 actually properly qualify for that car...when you see one or two luxury cars being driven, fine, maybe one is a guy with money and the other is just a reposession waiting to happen...but when it's a BIG CHUNK of the cars in your area (cause i can drive to to other parts of ATL and NOT see that!)...yeah, people are doing well enough to pay for the roof over their heads, the utilities, the car NOTE, the car INSURANCE, and the eating out/party lifestyle that goes on here...as evidenced by the many pubs, bars, restaurants, even small ones, that i referenced before that are STILL IN BUSINESS despite the recession that closed down my cousin's restaurant in a smaller town!

Material things mean people are not SUFFERING as, say, the ones whose entire livelihood went down the drain in this recession. They might have it rough making all their bills, but they are juggling somehow to maintain the lifestyle they had pre-recession. Some have nothing to juggle with. Many people were an inch from foreclosure in this recession...but the fact is, they are still doing better than the ones whose houses DID get foreclosed!
Quote:
So what about all the ones who arent leasing them or all the people who arent leasing.. What about those who still have jobs and still leaving the same lifestyle they were living before the recession I know plenty of people like that. Im one of them im not hurting Im not struggling to make ends meet I drive a BMW ??????. People think because we in a recession that no one is doing good except the ones who are millionaires. Which is not true everyone was not affected by the recession
Exactly...people making noise about 10% unemployment when the FACT is, that means nationally, 90% of folks are still employed. I definitely became a statistic in this recession but many people just had to cut out maybe extra vacations or shopping sprees...not lose house car and firstborn child.

People in Atlanta are living well compared to many other areas, a more northern pay grade with a more southern cost of living unless you go out of your way to get a high priced place...NICE homes for relatively cheap, NICE apartments in NICE locations for relatively cheap, lots of various cultures to explore the arts/foods/etc of (i have been to an Arab festival and West Indian events since coming here, and saw a flyer over in Chamblee's Chinatown for a Chinese ballet)...amazing restaurants of all kinds, and yes lots and lots and LOTS of ways and means to get an education in any field... and it's entertainment industry ensures it's a sexy city, Houston and these other places don't give the VIBES that NYC, ATL, and MIA do...and out of those 3 ATL is the only affordable one!

So...I am grateful to be part of it and that is it working out for me! People were shaking their head at me coming here saying this was NOT the place to come in the recession because of the unemployment...and I proved them wrong! I am not going to be bawling and whining like some other folks...cause where I was coming from was much, MUCH worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta