Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you going to vote for on December 1st?
Mary Norwood 72 73.47%
Kasim Reed 26 26.53%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 10:19 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times

Advertisements

I don't live in Atlanta and I would not vote for either of these 2 criminals. Kasim Reed is just a Xerox copy of "Sticky Fingers Franklin". He was her protegee and managed her campaigns for Mayor. No doubt he is licking his chops thinking about the graft he will get out of being Mayor. Mary Norwood has been on the council for years so why didn't she know the city spent all that money on water meter covers that don't fit? Can she not use a measuring tape? And why does she drive that old car? Is Delta and Airtran not bribing her enough to buy a new car for their "exclusive" airport gates?

Old 11-23-2009, 10:22 PM

173 posts, read 471,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
This seems to be an odd series of events:

Saturday: Norwood accuses Reed supporters of stealing her campaign signs.

Today: One of her big name political endorsers, rather her only one, happens to just be out in the middle of the day on a Monday putting down signs (with a video camera handy mind you) when he notices someone stealing the signs he just placed. After following the "suspect" to a Reed office he is chased through the streets of Atlanta, his car is beaten on, and is threatened with bodily harm.

After such a harrowing series of events he went straight to the only place that would be able to help him. City Hall east. Wait, no, the WXIA television studios.

Yeah, this story is SO on the level.
I was going to add that the person who "happened" to catch this is on tape is the only elected official in the country publicly supporting her, including her colleagues on the council. Then I realized you covered that too.

Still, worth repeating.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:35 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,975,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
This seems to be an odd series of events:

Saturday: Norwood accuses Reed supporters of stealing her campaign signs.

Today: One of her big name political endorsers, rather her only one, happens to just be out in the middle of the day on a Monday putting down signs (with a video camera handy mind you) when he notices someone stealing the signs he just placed. After following the "suspect" to a Reed office he is chased through the streets of Atlanta, his car is beaten on, and is threatened with bodily harm.

After such a harrowing series of events he went straight to the only place that would be able to help him. City Hall east. Wait, no, the WXIA television studios.

Yeah, this story is SO on the level.
It states in the story that he noticed the signs disappearing, then this morning he set out more signs on MLK and waited to see what happened, with a camera. So, essentially he baited the guy.

I honestly do not know much about the Rep. Long, however I would surely hope that he would not pull such a hoax. I'm sure no one will really ever know.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:38 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
It states in the story that he noticed the signs disappearing, then this morning he set out more signs on MLK and waited to see what happened, with a camera. So, essentially he baited the guy.

I honestly do not know much about the Rep. Long, however I would surely hope that he would not pull such a hoax. I'm sure no one will really ever know.
The linchpin for me was when he, after stating he was chased and threatened, went straight to WXIA and not the police. If that doesn't sound fishy to you then I don't know what would.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:48 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,975,179 times
^
Oh, it totally does. Once again, I truly hope that as an elected official, he would not act in that matter. However, that may be a bit of an oxymoron.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:52 PM

8,486 posts, read 15,002,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
^
Oh, it totally does. Once again, I truly hope that as an elected official, he would not act in that matter. However, that may be a bit of an oxymoron.
I hope so too. I've been a Reed supporter for a while, but I'd hate to see Norwood be attached to such childishness.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 PM

173 posts, read 471,275 times
Another red flag for me. Rep. Long (he's been a state rep for 11 months) states that "wherever" the campaign puts signs, they disappear immediately. He didn't say the campaign had a problem with sign-stealing in this particular location. That makes it especially unlikely that he'd happen to catch this on tape without shenanigans.

The other interesting thing is that the man happens to be on-foot, and walked a mile to the Reed office. I'm not sure that cuts either way, but it does suggest he lacks resources.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 PM

4 posts, read 14,621 times
Reed has no clue how to turn these vacant foreclosed properties into livable homes. He thinks that because he has state experience it correlates to actually understanding what goes on in the streets. Mary Norwood has been there for Vine City and English Avenue. She helped out during the tornado and the johnston tragedy. Kasim Reed thinks that gays should not be allowed to marry because of his religious beliefs...we dont need someone that cant separate chruch and state in their own life. Ok, thats like saying black and whites shouldnt marry (VA vs. loving).....we dont need a mayor that will set back all the work that has been done in the civil rights movement. Moreover, I would like my next Mayor to pay their own personal taxes on time and not have any ethical violations....fortunately I can honestly say that Mary Norwood pays her taxes on time and does not have any ethical violations relating to financial disclosures. Kasim Reed is not what we need....MARY NORWOOD FOR A BETTER ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:06 PM

187 posts, read 918,861 times
Quite frankly I am not excited about either Norwood or Reed. I was impressed by Lisa Borders but seeing that she is history in this regard I support Kasim Reed. Mary Norwoord comes across as if she is saving white people from a black majority including the mayor's office. Her campaign has taken no regard for the locals and prominent civil rights establishment, instead she desires to divide people based on age, race and sex. If Norwood wins the mayors office, there will be serious consequences for a city that is already face with major financial issues.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:38 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,532,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick_TheRiskTaker View Post
...Mary Norwoord comes across as if she is saving white people from a black majority including the mayor's office...instead she desires to divide people based on age, race and sex...
This sums up a lot of what this election/campaign is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta