Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 01:19 PM

3 posts, read 16,322 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be relocating from Florida to GA. Is Lawrenceville, GA a nice town, if so why, if not why and what are some nice affordable areas, close to this town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 01:55 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Default Lawrenceville, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDI505D View Post
My husband and I will be relocating from Florida to GA. Is Lawrenceville, GA a nice town, if so why, if not why and what are some nice affordable areas, close to this town?

Here's a recent thread on Lawrenceville>>>
http://tinyurl.com/2u7u2l (broken link)

The headquarters of Gwinnett County--the historic district is undergoing revitalization--adding shops and restaurants, etc

The suburban area is where most people live. Like most of metro Atlanta --this was once a rural area--the expansion began in the 90's and the growth and development continues to increase. A well-educated, professional community for the most part. UGA/Athens is about an hour away.

Grayson, Loganville, Auburn, Dacula, Snellville and Winder are neighboring towns/communities.

LVlle/Dacula>>>
http://tinyurl.com/2m7xuv (broken link)

Old 05-19-2007, 09:38 PM

196 posts, read 732,195 times
wonderful place to live. moved here one year ago to Grayson..Good schools, good shopping, nice neighborhoods

Old 05-20-2007, 09:46 AM

Thank you so much, do you know much about Berkmar schools?

Old 05-20-2007, 12:26 PM

183 posts, read 1,007,032 times
My son graduated from Berkmar High School 9 years ago. The school has since been enlarged. We found that the area was starting to be full of gang activity. Graffitti painted on fences,etc. There was a serious fight in Sweet Water Middle school. I had one child in the middle school and did not want him going to Berkmar.The combination of these events drove us to sell our house and move. I 'm sure it has not gotten better. Stay away from Berkmar! My understanding is that Collins Hill High area is still ok. Good Luck with your move!

Old 05-20-2007, 01:19 PM

985 posts, read 5,757,044 times
The funny thing is that Gwinnett has some of best schools and some of worst schools in Atlanta area. Unfortunately, BerkMar is considered one of worst.

Peachtree Ridge (Jackson elementary) is considered good for Lawrenceville zipcode.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:40 PM

Thank you again! I have read "be suspect of the zip code 30044 or 30045" are these areas bad?

Old 05-25-2007, 08:50 PM

39 posts, read 99,451 times
30044 yes

30045 is mostly Central Gwinett HS - it has nice areas and shady areas. However there's a part of 30045 that most do not know about by Tribble Mill Park in the Grayson school district. Very very nice. Homes in that area range from 300K to 1MM

Old 01-20-2008, 07:54 PM

3 posts, read 10,481 times
We have been researching relocating to ATL suburbs from st.louis, mo for about a year now. We are coming from a st louis county (suburb) called Florissant. Florissant is a nice suburb, but similar to some parts of Lawrenceville, the shools and area are starting to go down. We've done a lot of research and have narrowed it down to the Grayson Cluster schools. We've also visited the area about 3 times now and plan to go back a couple of more times before we make the final decision.

I have to agree with the others, I've found that you should stay away from Central Gwinnett schools. The best zip code in Lawrenceville (based on school ratings) is 30043 and some of 30044. 30045 has more bad school ratings than good. However there are some parts 30045 that goes to Grayson Schools. Our fear is that there could be school rezoning that redirects 30045 out of the Grayson schools. We've decided that the best thing for us is to live in the Grayson, Loganville, or Snelleville. After visiting the areas, Grayson is our top choce.

There are several sites on the internet that can help you with you research.
For schools check out GreatSchools.net
For city comparisons (crime, economy, etc) check out www.greatplaces.net
To search homes by schools check out Atlanta Georgia Real Estate: Metro Brokers/GMAC

Old 01-20-2008, 09:05 PM

109 posts, read 485,360 times
Although its not my really a part of town I work very often, I have a client in the Collins Hill cluster of Gwinnett Schools, which appears to be a good school system and the homes in the area appear to be pretty affordable (in the low 200k range).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta