Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:46 PM

7 posts, read 20,342 times

Advertisements

With Johns Creek being "new" as a suburb as well as its new school, it's hard to find any data. What do locals think about Johns Creek High School versus other good public high schools in the area such as Milton, Alpharetta, and Northview?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 05:16 PM

1,362 posts, read 4,317,437 times
When I looked few weeks back, it was not listed in the greatschools website. It has to be good as it was carved out of other top schools. However, one issue is: its map contains several high end communities. Some people might consider this as a positive, other might consider it as a negative. (A rumor I read online was that some of these communities lobbied to get attached to the new school.)

Old 02-18-2010, 06:25 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,661,614 times
I know parents there and they are very happy. It has less than 100 seniors and 200 juniors (they were allowed to stay at their other school if they (or their parents) would drive them.

Most of the high schools up there are very affluent.

Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM

997 posts, read 4,645,143 times
I anticipate it to be quite good. All of the schools are in this area. Northview and Chattahoochee are excellent and Johns Creek is made up of students from these schools therefore you have the same students and parental involvement. These three schools are located in Johns Creek.

Actually Johns Creek High is made up of the pricier/wealthier neighborhoods from Northview and Chattahoochee. Will that make their scores better. Who knows. I can only speak for Northview because that is where my children attend but the majority of the top performers there are the Asian students. They are very bright. There isn't any information for Johns Creek yet so demographics or test scores aren't posted. All I do know again is that the wealthier neighborhoods from each school ended up at Johns Creek.

Milton and Alpharetta high schools are very good as well but I feel the other three are a little better.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 AM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
I anticipate it to be quite good. All of the schools are in this area. Northview and Chattahoochee are excellent and Johns Creek is made up of students from these schools therefore you have the same students and parental involvement. These three schools are located in Johns Creek.

Actually Johns Creek High is made up of the pricier/wealthier neighborhoods from Northview and Chattahoochee. Will that make their scores better. Who knows. I can only speak for Northview because that is where my children attend but the majority of the top performers there are the Asian students. They are very bright. There isn't any information for Johns Creek yet so demographics or test scores aren't posted. All I do know again is that the wealthier neighborhoods from each school ended up at Johns Creek.

Milton and Alpharetta high schools are very good as well but I feel the other three are a little better.

All seven high schools (Roswell, Milton, Chattahoochee, Centennial, Northview, Alpharetta, and Johns Creek) in North Fulton (the cities of Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and Milton) are excellent.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM

997 posts, read 4,645,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
All seven high schools (Roswell, Milton, Chattahoochee, Centennial, Northview, Alpharetta, and Johns Creek) in North Fulton (the cities of Roswell, Alpharetta, Johns Creek, and Milton) are excellent.
The original poster only asked about Johns Creek High and the others I mentioned. I was providing answers to a question. The only school I added that was not asked about was Chattahoochee, and I mentioned that because that is partly the makeup of Johns Creek High now.

They did not inquire about the other schools; therefore, I did not mention them.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:32 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jln69 View Post
The original poster only asked about Johns Creek High and the others I mentioned. I was providing answers to a question. The only school I added that was not asked about was Chattahoochee, and I mentioned that because that is partly the makeup of Johns Creek High now.

They did not inquire about the other schools; therefore, I did not mention them.

FCSS News - Nine high schools named “AP Honor Schools" - posted on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Old 02-22-2010, 12:12 AM

7 posts, read 20,342 times
All, thanks for the info on area schools. I asked specifically about Johns Creek since there is no data available due to newness. However, I really appreciate consideration of all local schools in the area.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:03 PM

67 posts, read 105,844 times
@jln69
What is your experience with Northview? My concern is that doesn't it has too much competition? Does everybody get the AP classes they desire? What is the criteria? With too may Asians there, does it make difficult to get the clubs/ opportunities that the school offers? Does being in top 10% or 3% help in getting a good college? Thanks

Old 08-11-2013, 02:15 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Didn't you miss one? Can't help but feel a little gleeful if I catch you when it comes to school knowledge.

Hint: English Ivy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: