Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:18 PM

5 posts, read 14,396 times

Advertisements

What good restaurants are within walking distance of The Masquerade? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 12:39 AM

4,091 posts, read 6,016,957 times
It still trips me out to see "The Masquerade" name. We had one in Tampa, run by the same guy, and it got shut down. I went to Atlanta recently JUST to go to that club. Anyways, I ended up at Taco Mac (or is it Chili Mac?) The only decent food I seemed to find in Atlanta .

Old 01-29-2010, 12:52 AM

210 posts, read 455,117 times
^I can gripe about Atlanta as much as anybody, but we're saturated with fine restaurants. All you have to do is look--here are a few of my favorites:

Raja (Peachtree Hills/Buckhead)
Anatolia Cafe (Fairlie-Poplar/Downtown)
El Azteca (Poncey-Highland; there are other locations, but this is the best)

On topic: I loves the Masquerade.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:16 AM

Oh, I loved everything about Atlanta... Except the food. That is my ONLY complaint. The best food I had there was from McDonalds. I was on a budget aswell though.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:45 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,250,583 times
I've been to many shows at the Masquerade and I don't really remember any restaurants near by within walking distance. That whole area seems pretty sketchy to me.

I love the place though. I've seen some of the best shows up in 'Heaven' and have danced the night away quite a few times in 'Hell'

I would probably go over to VaHi or even back up on Peachtree in Midtown to find food then drive down.

That parking lot beside the Masquerade makes my skin crawl ... no lights whatsoever.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAniacTHW View Post
Oh, I loved everything about Atlanta... Except the food. That is my ONLY complaint. The best food I had there was from McDonalds. I was on a budget aswell though.
If you were on a budget, you should've gone to Eats. It's one block over from the Masquerade.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:06 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,048,359 times
Two come to mind. Just west on North Ave is 4th and Swift - 4th & Swift Restaurant and Bar - Atlanta GA - Home Page and almost across from them in a condo building is Repast - Repast Restaurant -- An American Bistro in Midtown Atlanta, GA

As others have said if you go further there is much more but I believe these are the two closest, within walking distance for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajec View Post
What good restaurants are within walking distance of The Masquerade? Thanks!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
This is simply not acceptable!

Next time, ask some questions and we will gladly point you in the right direction.

We are almost buried in small, cheap and authentic ethnic places all over the place. McDonald's wasn't necessary - but glad you enjoyed yourself.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This is simply not acceptable!

Next time, ask some questions and we will gladly point you in the right direction.

We are almost buried in small, cheap and authentic ethnic places all over the place. McDonald's wasn't necessary - but glad you enjoyed yourself.
This was before I discovered this website. I was also very upset when, as we were leaving, we stop at a gas station to see the "city pass" and realized we could've done MUCH more and paid MUCH less had we used it.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:10 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,368,320 times
Quote:
This was before I discovered this website. I was also very upset when, as we were leaving, we stop at a gas station to see the "city pass" and realized we could've done MUCH more and paid MUCH less had we used it.
Well, now you know.

We are a pretty friendly bunch here, and love helping visitors that come to explore. Next time you come up, ask away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta