Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 05:00 PM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
I thought Buckhead was the richest area in Atl....

Buckhead is the richest area of Atlanta...

However, Buckhead is not a separate, independent city of 75,000+ people (this was the criteria used for the list).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 08:01 AM

1,498 posts, read 3,106,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Buckhead is the richest area of Atlanta...

However, Buckhead is not a separate, independent city of 75,000+ people (this was the criteria used for the list).
Actually, if you go by zip codes, 30327 is the wealthiest zip code in Georgia and also in the top ten for the wealthiest in the nation, and it is split by Sandy Springs and Buckhead. 30327 has a higher average household income and home price than 30305, the traditional Buckhead zip code.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Like I alluded to before, Sandy Springs' "Achilles Heel" is the Roswell Rd. corridor. The city's residents will be the first to tell you so. TPTB were keenly aware of this and made taking action regarding this a cornerstone of their quest to incorporate. There have been inroads into redevelopment, but it will be some years before there is a marked improvement there.
A city with neighborhoods as beautiful as Sandy Springs' are deserves a 'grand boulevard' a Les Champs Elysees.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:30 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackCobain View Post
Actually, if you go by zip codes, 30327 is the wealthiest zip code in Georgia and also in the top ten for the wealthiest in the nation, and it is split by Sandy Springs and Buckhead. 30327 has a higher average household income and home price than 30305, the traditional Buckhead zip code.

Not going by zip codes (and it is still split with Buckhead).

As an official community/area, it can easily be said that Buckhead is the richest area/community.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:14 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,817 times
SS was the only GA town/neighborhood i've seen a ferarri on the street

Old 02-24-2010, 12:14 PM

113 posts, read 245,194 times
Quote:
I think the creator of the universe was busy with other matters...
Ole and Touche. Much credit should indeed go to that Mayor person....

Old 02-24-2010, 12:23 PM

238 posts, read 555,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
Well if you go up to Roswell near the Alpharetta line you will find, of all things, a Ferrari dealership. I guess the neighbors there see the occasional Ferrari on the street too!

Old 02-25-2010, 05:42 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,536,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
I was obsessed with exotic cars as a kid (still pay attention to them, for sure) and living up on the Dunwoody "panhandle" area (technically Sandy Springs), you will see some totally sweet cars on Spalding. So far I have seen 2 different Lamborginis (both were Gallardos, I think), one Ferrari (couldn't tell which it was), a Lotus Elise (eh), and one of my all time favorites, the Lotus Esprit. I remember growing up in the area seeing a guy with a Lamborgini Countach at our church, my all time favorite!

One of the more ridiculous examples of exotic car splurge was when I used to live in Windsor at Briarhill, an apartment on Sheridan over off Briarcliff and there was some dude who had a Ferrari (can't remember which one) who lived THERE! To each their own, obviously, but talk about crazy priorities! Guess I shouldn't judge, he was probably hooking up way more than I was!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:19 AM

238 posts, read 555,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
One of the more ridiculous examples of exotic car splurge was when I used to live in Windsor at Briarhill, an apartment on Sheridan over off Briarcliff and there was some dude who had a Ferrari (can't remember which one) who lived THERE! To each their own, obviously, but talk about crazy priorities! Guess I shouldn't judge, he was probably hooking up way more than I was!
Nice. My personal fave is the Greek past-his-prime bachelor who drove a new XJS convertible while living next door to me in the early '90s (his home was worth maybe $100k tops). One day he was gone - walked out of the mortgage and the home foreclosed. I wonder if that Jag could pull a trailer...?

Old 05-18-2010, 02:41 PM

72 posts, read 151,699 times
Atlanta has several very affluent neighborhoods, but the Buckhead/Sandy Springs area is by far the most expensive. Does anyone know where the original article is listing SS as the ninth wealthiest zip code? I need it to use in the Beverly Hills of the south forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta