Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:38 AM
PJA PJA started this thread

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times

Advertisements

The press conference about the outlet mall will be today at 1:30 pm at the Village at Riverwatch site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 12:20 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Major growth coming to North Richmond county, and the entire metro/CSRA...

$150 million and 1,500 jobs....

Augusta outlet mall to open spring 2016
Outlet mall should employ 1,500 in Augusta | The Augusta Chronicle
Developers confirm outlet mall plan for the Village at Riverwatch - NBC 26 - Here for You
DEVELOPING ON 6: Outlet Mall Officially Announced For Augusta - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken News, Weather, Sports

Last edited by nortonguy; 02-05-2014 at 12:35 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 12:41 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
I suspected this when that list of stores was published over 2 years before the place is to open, and apparently my hunch was right. No stores are actually under contract yet for the shopping center, according to the Chronicle. So that list was simply a representation of what stores typically locate in their centers. Will be interesting to watch what comes to fruition from that list.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:53 PM

I actually had a chance to attend the press conference. Key things that were mentioned were that the trade area that they are drawing from is from Lake Oconee to Columbia. Also they picked the location due to Costco and Cabela's being located there and would probably not be coming if not for those two stores. The outlet mall will be similar to the one in Savannah featuring the same stores like Michael Kors, Nautica, Tommy Hillfiger, Coach, Polo (those stores already have leases at the Savannah outlet which is 80% leased) etc. Although no leases have been signed the retailers are excited about coming to Augusta.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
I suspected this when that list of stores was published over 2 years before the place is to open, and apparently my hunch was right. No stores are actually under contract yet for the shopping center, according to the Chronicle. So that list was simply a representation of what stores typically locate in their centers. Will be interesting to watch what comes to fruition from that list.
Yes the list was tentative as mentioned on the website that was posted. Although not confirmed, those retailers have expressed strong interest in coming....strong enough for Ben Carter to go ahead and commit to coming here.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:59 PM

I think the 50 mile trade area that was mentioned might be on the low side. I could see it bringing in folks from farther away than that given some of the retailers in the area that are exclusively ours (for now anyway) in a 2 hour + radius.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
I think the 50 mile trade area that was mentioned might be on the low side. I could see it bringing in folks from farther away than that given some of the retailers in the area that are exclusively ours (for now anyway) in a 2 hour + radius.

I agree. I'm interested to see who all decides to sign leases and what other businesses will come. The mayor and Ben's CEO mentioned that other businesses are already expressing interest in the outparcels. After the press conference several people were talking about Cheesecake Factory but of course its just speculation at his point.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:05 PM

I also heard Ben Carter and several others refer to the project as Outlet mall of Augusta so I don't think the name is set in stone yet.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:28 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
The 70 mile trade area is pretty accurate and realistic.. There's outlet malls in/around metro Atlanta, Savannah, and Bluffton... The VAR will attract people who live outside the trade area, but the majority of shoppers will live between Greene County/Lake Oconee and metro Columbia.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I also heard Ben Carter and several others refer to the project as Outlet mall of Augusta so I don't think the name is set in stone yet.
I sure hope it's not set in stone. The name on the website and PDF info is horribly long. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. That and the "@ Augusta" on the end gives me flashbacks of this whole GRU Augusta nonsense going on now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area