Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 06:49 AM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Careful, don't want to be accused of being off topic.
Really hope this one gets merged with the other one. There was nothing off topic at all about this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/augus...ichmond-3.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 07:14 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Really hope this one gets merged with the other one. There was nothing off topic at all about this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/augus...ichmond-3.html
I agree. Someone had something to say about why the thought the theater would fail or cause Regal to close and while I disagreed with their opinion I didn't think it was off topic.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I agree. Someone had something to say about why the thought the theater would fail or cause Regal to close and while I disagreed with their opinion I didn't think it was off topic.
And I am all in favor of actual conversation about the subject at hand, even if it's not 100% on the specific item in the OP. There are FAR too many threads started around here that are nothing more than a link to a story, with barely, if any, discourse even added by the OP. To me, those do nothing but take up space and become a press release and not a discussion.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:42 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
And I am all in favor of actual conversation about the subject at hand, even if it's not 100% on the specific item in the OP. There are FAR too many threads started around here that are nothing more than a link to a story, with barely, if any, discourse even added by the OP. To me, those do nothing but take up space and become a press release and not a discussion.
I love a good discussion or debate since this is a discussion board I see nothing wrong with that as long as we can keep it civil and leave the childishness (multiple screen names, threads made with false information used to antagonize etc.) out of it.

Old 03-11-2015, 06:08 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
''Construction is underway on a new movie theater in Augusta -- but it's not a typical movie theater.''

RiverWatch Cinema to Open Late 2015 - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken

Old 03-21-2015, 07:23 PM

515 posts, read 632,225 times
Movie theater with full-service restaurant now under construction | The Augusta Chronicle
Set to open by the end of 2015, a 12-screen, 70,000-square-foot theater under construction at the Village at Riverwatch development will include a full-service restaurant and plans to serve beer, liquor and wine to guests paying to see a movie.
Each auditorium will have full-reclining leather chairs, and one theater will feature an 80-foot-wide, 40-feet-high “Georgia Theatre Xtreme screen,” equipped with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound and 3-D digital technology.
The 4,000-square-foot restaurant inside the theater will offer an American bistro menu and a full-service bar, similar to what one would see at an Applebee’s, said Georgia Theatre Co. President Bo Chambliss, who is currently working with the city to obtain an alcohol license for the establishment.
“There will be some TVs where you can watch a sporting event if there’s one on and you can either sit in the restaurant and have your dinner or alcoholic beverage, or you’ll be able to take it out in the auditoriums,” Chambliss said.
Having recently unveiled similar, but smaller, concepts in Athens, Ga., and Florida, Chambliss said the theaters have generated positive feedback from patrons. He sees the future of movie theaters catering to food and beverage service and providing fewer, but bigger seats.

Old 06-14-2015, 06:59 PM

3 posts, read 3,568 times
Are there any plans for additional business to accompany the movie theater at VAR? Super Target, Chipolte , Hilton, REI, Ikea,Joe's Crab Shack, Lifetime or LA Fitness would be great additions.

Old 06-14-2015, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownboy86 View Post
Are there any plans for additional business to accompany the movie theater at VAR? Super Target, Chipolte , Hilton, REI, Ikea,Joe's Crab Shack, Lifetime or LA Fitness would be great additions.
I believe a hotel and a restaurant or two are on the site plans, but those were only suggested businesses based on the lay of the land and not any sort of firm plans that I'm aware of. I don't see Augusta ever getting an IKEA. This isn't the type of city they locate in. It's definitely been slow going at the VAR as far as new development goes. Hopefully it picks up soon. A Target of any type there would be nice, or just up I-20 at Exit 5 in North Augusta. Lots of available space for development there right now and it's growing at a steady pace lately.

Old 06-15-2015, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtownboy86 View Post
Cabela's, Costco, and the movie theater with in-theater dining/enclosed restaurant all have one thing in common... All three businesses are new to the Augusta market. They didn't build the VAR to attract regular chains similar to Target. The REI & LA Fitness are two good possibilities.

Target should open somewhere in South Augusta, North Augusta, or Belair/Southwest Augusta.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:55 PM

New Augusta Theater Aiming To Be Open By New “Star Wars” Movie Premiere | WJBF-TV

''Chambliss told us, Tuesday afternoon, “the complex will be aiming for open date in middle of December – hopefully by the time the new ‘Star Wars’ movie comes out. The theater will be named Riverwatch Cinemas.The company is getting ready to apply for the alcohol, license, and food service permit for the restaurant. There is still the normal concessions area where you can get popcorn, candy, etc.''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area