Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 09:44 AM

3 posts, read 9,943 times

Advertisements

As usual atlanta gets everything first in georgia. Then it comes to augusta second after that. Then on to savannah, macon, and columbus

IMAX theater coming to augusta

Last edited by yogibear12; 07-24-2008 at 10:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 10:02 AM

25 posts, read 43,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear12 View Post
As usual atlanta gets everything first in georgia. Then it comes to augusta second after that. Then on to savannah, macon, and columbus

Good deal for Augusta!!
Columbus should have had one years ago since Carmike Cinemas home hdqts is located here.
Even Hollywood Connection looks tattered(the gameroom upstairs is absolutely embarrassing)

Old 07-24-2008, 10:15 AM

913 posts, read 2,985,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColumbusDoc View Post
Good deal for Augusta!!
Columbus should have had one years ago since Carmike Cinemas home hdqts is located here.
Even Hollywood Connection looks tattered(the gameroom upstairs is absolutely embarrassing)
Columbus is getting an IMAX as we speak. It is being built in the new National Infantry Musem. It will be ready next spring.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Don't agree with that at all.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Don't agree with that at all.
Unfortunately it will be scaled down to view military themed films only and not commercial releases according to Bayonet paper.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:

There is a lot of truth in that statement.
Nearly all retail and restaurants were all over georgia before they came to Columbus.
I have heard this from many local residents who laugh when they read in the paper or news about a fantastic new business coming to town that they have been to countless times on visits outside the city.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
There is a lot of truth in that statement.
Nearly all retail and restaurants were all over georgia before they came to Columbus.
I have heard this from many local residents who laugh when they read in the paper or news about a fantastic new business coming to town that they have been to countless times on visits outside the city.
Regardless, those restaurants are here and are extremely successful. More expansions will be coming in the future. I know of several new restaurants and retail establishments that are coming, but I am not of liberty to say. Columbus has been discovered by outside developers. Only more good stuff is to come.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Regardless, those restaurants are here and are extremely successful. More expansions will be coming in the future. I know of several new restaurants and retail establishments that are coming, but I am not of liberty to say. Columbus has been discovered by outside developers. Only more good stuff is to come.
Please don't tell us....we want it to be a surprise!! lol
I think the only STUFF coming are higher taxes,unemployment/layoffs and business closures for some time to come.
It happens in Columbus every time there is an economic slowdown although I think this time it is going to have a major effect on the city.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 AM

Quote:
I think the only STUFF coming are higher taxes,unemployment/layoffs and business closures for some time to come.
It happens in Columbus every time there is an economic slowdown although I think this time it is going to have a major effect on the city.
We shall see.......

Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 PM

5 posts, read 7,915 times
Quote:
Don't hold your breath waiting on those new super fantastic places Doc!!
rofl
I have dealt with every retail builder in Columbus and they have said point blank that they have either overbuilt etc and the city would let ANYBODY OR ANYTHING in town out of desperation for tax revenues.
The whittlesey road area has lost AC Moore,Friedmans and 2 or 3 others over the last 6 months and the developer has sold 2 or 3 large retail areas in atlanta already.
You can bet they will be unloading this area as soon as they can!!
Look for a lot of empty storefronts after xmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area