Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:43 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times

Advertisements

I think the only time Augusta has a Atlanta commute is when. They're doing construction and at one point on the interstate. Everybody has to get in one lane for a while. Then it is as a bad like Atlanta. I have seen it back up from the belair rd exit to washington rd on I-20. It happen yesterday night all the cars and trucks back up. Because of the spaghetti junction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 11:24 AM

267 posts, read 725,773 times
North Augusta is the closes to downtown. Only 5-10 minutes away you can walk or bike to get there.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Augusta definitely has the most former Atlanta residents. Living in the city over Savannah, Macon, & Columbus.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:47 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolo2 View Post
Augusta definitely has the most former Atlanta residents. Living in the city over Savannah, Macon, & Columbus.
I'm not sure there is a way to quantify that exactly.. There are lots of Atlantans who have moved to the coast...Savannah, St Simons, etc.. I would think the Savannah and coastal area has more Atlanta ex-pats then Augusta.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:49 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
Actually the area you mention as "West Augusta" ...the part along stevens Creek Rd and Evans to Lock Rd.. is not in Augusta.. but Columbia County... and is called simply Evans by most ppl.. since Evans is not an incorporated town... it's more a geographical concept.. to refer to the developed areas of eastern columbia county just north of Martinez.
Stevens Creek Church • 600 Stevens Creek Rd • Augusta, Georgia 30907

The area I mention actually IS Augusta, ie HAS an Augusta mailing address. It is part of west Augusta.

The Savannah Rapids Pavillion itself is Martinez, not Evans. 3300 Evans to Locks Road Martinez, Georgia 30907

Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 AM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
mailing addresses can be very arbitrary...
That area is all in Columbia County.. and would be considered Martinez or Evans... or if you want to be real technical could be Snead or Lamkin. West Augusta is generally considered to be the parts of Richmond County just west of the old city limits and north of Gordon Hwy.. When you go south of Gordon Hwy, then that is considered South Augusta. When you get South Of Willis Foreman Rd then that is pretty much thought of as hephzibah...again none of these areas are actual towns...they are just sort of vaguely defined areas in the local vernacular. Once you get into Columbia County, then its either Martinez, Evan (where most of the devlopment is).. then you have Lewiston, Grovetown, Harlem, Appling, Pollards Corner, Leah, Winfield, and Pumpkin Center which are the more rural areas... the built up areas of Columbia County though are almost entirely within Martinez and Evans. Let's say you are driving on Washington Rd.. when you are Richmond County.. you are in West Augusta.(since you are technically within the city of Augusta) but when you are on cross into Columbia County, you are in Martinez... because you are no longer in Augusta or Richmond County. I suppose if you one wanted to they could call Columbia County "West Augusta" since it is geographically West of Augusta... but very few ppl in the area think of it that way. This is coming from a 40+ yr resident of the Augusta area.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure there is a way to quantify that exactly.. There are lots of Atlantans who have moved to the coast...Savannah, St Simons, etc.. I would think the Savannah and coastal area has more Atlanta ex-pats then Augusta.
I still think there are more people from Metro Atlanta living in Augusta over Savannah.

Here is a woman from Alpharetta who moved to Augusta recently.

Quilter opens her shop downtown

Old 01-30-2009, 05:55 PM

1,991 posts, read 3,969,721 times
Quote:
mailing addresses can be very arbitrary...
But what is, is. And that area is Augusta, and when you get to the SRP, it is Martinez. People can consider a thing whatever they want to be, but it is what it is.

What I call west Augusta actually has an Augusta address. Getting into "considered but not actually" is confusing to people who might be pondering moving here.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:09 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Nobody really knows how much of West Augusta is 30907.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:59 AM

220 posts, read 622,638 times
I know new housing that is very nice located around riverwatch in West Augusta. Some hidden behind the hotels off I-20. Hephzibah is worth checking out you can get alot of land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area