Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 PM

267 posts, read 725,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by judgeme View Post
I know new housing that is very nice located around riverwatch in West Augusta. Some hidden behind the hotels off I-20. Hephzibah is worth checking out you can get alot of land.
I notice a new townhome/condo development on I-20/Riverwatch pkwy the other day. Right behind the hotel's near the waffle house. Never seen it before until then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 04:01 PM

250 posts, read 610,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vomarte View Post
Relocating to the Augusta area and looking to find out information. On the nicest suburban cities/towns around Augusta. Later this week on saturday we are visiting. Need advice on safe areas that have homes in the 350k range. My husband will be starting a job at the wachovia building downtown.
My rank North Augusta, Evans, Aiken, Martinez, Hephzibah, Grovetown, Thomson out of the big one's.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:34 AM

40 posts, read 125,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barii View Post
My rank North Augusta, Evans, Aiken, Martinez, Hephzibah, Grovetown, Thomson out of the big one's.
Would any of these places be good for a 25y/o? Is this suburbia, or is it an actual downtown area? I'm from MI and have a job opportunity right around Evans, and i'm trying to see if it would be a good fit for me.

Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 AM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
Thos are all suburban.. well Thomson and Hephzibah are more rural small town atmosphere. If you are looking for a downtown setting then you have downtown Augusta..There have been several lofts and condos that have been developed in downtown during the last 5 years.

Old 02-19-2009, 02:55 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx04 View Post
Would any of these places be good for a 25y/o? Is this suburbia, or is it an actual downtown area? I'm from MI and have a job opportunity right around Evans, and i'm trying to see if it would be a good fit for me.
All of them are suburbs but

Evans & Martinez = Suburbia

Aiken & North Augusta = Actual downtown area

Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 PM

112 posts, read 267,397 times
Move to downtown augusta and make it a more happening place.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:52 AM

337 posts, read 793,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx04 View Post
I vote for the lofts in downtown Augusta. I think that you'd like it. Number of rentals properties there. DM me if you want more info

Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 PM

1,303 posts, read 3,857,194 times
Downtown is still in the embryonic stages of rennaissance.. so don't expect an atmosphere like Austin, TX or even like Savannah or Athens, but as someone else mentioned.. the more people who choose to move downtown, the better it will get and the more businesses will open there. It is certainly way better than it was 10 years ago, but it still has a long way to go..

Old 02-26-2009, 10:19 AM

3 posts, read 4,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
Tis true..... the Thomson to Augusta commute is similar to the Suwanee to downtown Atlanta commute... but suwanee is a much more built up suburban area with more shopping and restaurants...
I'm not too sure how far Thompson is from Augusta, but I CAN tell you so you have a proper comparison Suwanee to downtown Atlanta varies DRASTICALLY depending on traffic. If there's no traffic you might be able to get there in 30 minutes if you hit I85 all the way with your foot on the gas pedal. I've made it to the airport in about 45 minutes when I've absolutely had to once. I won't say how fast I was going tho. ;-) During rush hour, getting from downtown to Suwanee is EASILY a two hour drive.

I'm also moving to Augusta in a few months for a job and am looking for a best place to live... I'm more in the 250k range though and have a elementary age daughter to consider that is very active in softball. So, I have to find somewhere that is convenient to Ft. Gordon with good schools, no longer than a 30 min commute to Evans (if I choose not live there) and has a good COMPETITIVE youth rec ball league. I know, I'm not asking for much... lol.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:27 AM

267 posts, read 725,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlynnw View Post
I'm not too sure how far Thompson is from Augusta, but I CAN tell you so you have a proper comparison Suwanee to downtown Atlanta varies DRASTICALLY depending on traffic. If there's no traffic you might be able to get there in 30 minutes if you hit I85 all the way with your foot on the gas pedal. I've made it to the airport in about 45 minutes when I've absolutely had to once. I won't say how fast I was going tho. ;-) During rush hour, getting from downtown to Suwanee is EASILY a two hour drive.

I'm also moving to Augusta in a few months for a job and am looking for a best place to live... I'm more in the 250k range though and have a elementary age daughter to consider that is very active in softball. So, I have to find somewhere that is convenient to Ft. Gordon with good schools, no longer than a 30 min commute to Evans (if I choose not live there) and has a good COMPETITIVE youth rec ball league. I know, I'm not asking for much... lol.
Warren rd elementary is a great school with plenty of diversity. Warren rd recreation center is across the street & offers softball. National Hills, Garrett, Lake Forest Hills are good elementary school's also. Eisenhower park is a good place for rec leagues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area