Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 11:41 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,967,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustaREGroup View Post
I live in Columbia and would vote Augusta.

Columbia has terrible roads, corrupt government, tons of homeless, parking is tough, cost of living is higher, etc.

Augusta has the river that they are actually trying to use, lower cost of living, new infrastructure, richer history, overall growth.
You all have better shopping, especially with the Village at Sandhill (or Sand-something). Augusta's village shopping project is on hold indefinitely. You all have places like World Market and a better selection of restaurants. You all have a zoo and gardens. Your Lake Carolina development is better than any development we've got. Your downtown has got Finlay Park, Augusta has the Augusta Commons- no real comparison. Your downtown is more vibrant than Augusta's. Your college related activities are more exciting than Augusta's.

But I do have to say that as far as developed Riverwalks, Augusta's is better. And the Augusta area has better trails for bike riding, specifically the North Augusta Greeneway and the Augusta Canal trails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times
IMO, Augusta's shopping is better than Columbia's. Especially when it comes to mid/upscale stores. Augusta Exchange area, Surrey Center, Augusta mall, etc. I guess it depends on what kind of stores you like. Augusta mall has a outdoor village, and Wheeler town park is moving along on construction. When Village at Riverwatch opens up, Augusta would definitely have better shopping than Columbia.

Columbia's downtown is more active than Augusta's. But Augusta is gaining ground quickly on Columbia in dowtown activity. Last weekend was first friday, but the weekend before that was a regular friday. Downtown Augusta was jamed packed all night. Tonight is border bash so the amount of people downtown today/tonight won't be a regular day.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:44 PM

543 posts, read 1,316,335 times
I thought the village was scrapped.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:21 AM
XFS

22 posts, read 37,777 times
Man both cities look the same but mostly Richmond County, GA has most majority african american Richland County SC has more population and almost the most african american I do like both cities but choose Columbus, GA or Greenville, SC.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:39 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,411,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFS View Post
Man both cities look the same but mostly Richmond County, GA has most majority african american Richland County SC has more population and almost the most african american I do like both cities but choose Columbus, GA or Greenville, SC.
A thread that's nearly 6 years old....

Old 07-25-2015, 06:35 AM

71 posts, read 116,220 times
Here we go again. I contacted the mods about this a week or two ago. There's always different usernames randomly coming on the scene that usually all have unintelligible posts. The person will claim to be from Augusta, Columbus, or Atlanta usually. He will argue with himself from different usernames, but is a Columbus poster. Now here comes this random XFS person replying to a 6 year old thread throwing in a praise of Columbus, as if it competes with Columbia or Augusta. Neither Columbus or Greenville is the topic here, but they want to stir the pot. Please contact the mods when you notice this people.

Old 07-25-2015, 09:41 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,411,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dave_Jones View Post
Here we go again. I contacted the mods about this a week or two ago. There's always different usernames randomly coming on the scene that usually all have unintelligible posts. The person will claim to be from Augusta, Columbus, or Atlanta usually. He will argue with himself from different usernames, but is a Columbus poster. Now here comes this random XFS person replying to a 6 year old thread throwing in a praise of Columbus, as if it competes with Columbia or Augusta. Neither Columbus or Greenville is the topic here, but they want to stir the pot. Please contact the mods when you notice this people.
Regardless of Columbus affiliation or not, I do feel like there is a suspicious amount of users with 1-2 posts starting threads about moving to Augusta and baiting people with questions about crime and schools. I have my suspicions on who would do such a thing, but I'll keep them to myself.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:52 PM

71 posts, read 116,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Regardless of Columbus affiliation or not, I do feel like there is a suspicious amount of users with 1-2 posts starting threads about moving to Augusta and baiting people with questions about crime and schools. I have my suspicions on who would do such a thing, but I'll keep them to myself.
Mods deleted Columbus poster Columbuskidd, Peachtree_, Son_of-Lakebottom, etc. now a brand new Columbus poster named "Kid_of-Wynnton" has just emerged. It's just too obvious.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:03 AM

1,124 posts, read 924,605 times
Regardless of the age now, can we start this debate back up. Because I’m quite curious as the years have gone by to who’s done better. I’d like to say Columbia, but I haven’t been to Augusta in a long time.

Old 04-15-2018, 04:09 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
Regardless of the age now, can we start this debate back up. Because I’m quite curious as the years have gone by to who’s done better. I’d like to say Columbia, but I haven’t been to Augusta in a long time.
Columbia. The retail gap has even narrowed since this thread was started and they are places are pretty much on par now in that area or Columbia might even have a slight advantage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area