Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2012, 07:53 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,100,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
LOL isn't that old Applebee's that horrible cloud 9 restaurant now?
No that's the old Shoneys, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,655 times
The Windsor Spring widening is taking forever. But if i was king of Augusta I would call Bush Gardens' CEO and tell him to build in Wren Ga. I would tell him that Augusta is the only large city/region that doesn't any regional attraction outside of shopping. The CSRA population of 700,000 has a build up demand for something like a Bush Gardens or a Six Flags. The city leaders need to take a break from trying to save downtown because the rest of the metro is primed for progress.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Don't forget Villa Europa, Sconyers, and Veracruz Mexican Restaurant

Maybe this report will answer some of your questions. To me when close down Regency Mall it was like Lebron James leaving Cleveland for Miami Heats. Regency Mall held south augusta together until Augusta Chronicle made
alot of bad unnecessary reports that hurt Regency Mall but help their buddy who own the Augusta Mall. That the true the hold true. If Regency Mall was still striving T-bone ,Movie theater beside RM, putt putt golf car dealerships and etc will still be open. There probably will be even more restaurants located in the area because RM. Go back and look what we lost when RM close their doors. Their not to many players want to play on a team without a superstars. More of the businesses left because they wasn't for SOUTH Augusta in the first place, they where their for RM only so when they close door it made it easy for them to leave and relocate in west augusta. If RM WAS STILL IN BUSINESSES west augusta will be hurting because their will not be a need to go across town
just to eat,watch movie and have fun when you have most of everything in South Augusta.

South Augusta Gets Overlooked In Restaurant Guide | NBC Augusta 26

Old 07-18-2012, 08:16 PM

Maybe this report will answer some of your questions. To me when close down Regency Mall it was like Lebron James leaving Cleveland for Miami Heats. Regency Mall held south augusta together until Augusta Chronicle made
alot of bad unnecessary reports that hurt Regency Mall but help their buddy who own the Augusta Mall. That the true the hold true. If Regency Mall was still striving T-bone ,Movie theater beside RM, putt putt golf car dealerships and etc will still be open. There probably will be even more restaurants located in the area because RM. Go back and look what we lost when RM close their doors. Their not to many players want to play on a team without a superstars. More of the businesses left because they wasn't for SOUTH Augusta in the first place, they where their for RM only so when they close door it made it easy for them to leave and relocate in west augusta. If RM WAS STILL IN BUSINESSES west augusta will be hurting because their will not be a need to go across town
just to eat,watch movie and have fun when you have most of everything in South Augusta.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:31 PM

934 posts, read 1,346,655 times
good post.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post

I forgot all about Villa Europa and those other 2 you mentioned. South Augusta does have more than 3 casual dining establishments it appears. I figured it did but didnt want to dispute it until I could think of them.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:04 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post

A girl getting shot in the head and gangs throwing each other over the 2nd floor rail isn't unnecessary.........Different analogy but I posted the exact same thing a while back. Seeing as many stores like to set up off of interstates, Augusta Mall still would have prevailed over RM and the place still would have closed. T-Bonez was around for a while after the mall closed. Just so y'all know, Sconyers is only open on the weekends. I don't really count them. Veracruz is okay. I've heard Villa Europa is good but lately their parking lot has resembled a ghost town.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:14 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,317 times
Don't think that I'm bashing South Augusta. I have lived in Augusta all of my life and spent majority of that time in South Augusta. I remember when Windsor Spring was a two lane road, then they butchered those folks yards. I have complained on these boards and to the commissioners for years about the status of South Augusta. If the commissioners have been vocal about improving South Augusta, obviously there is a problem. The area has missed out on almost ALL of the popular chains (not sure if Applebees is still popular) and has stood pat as Evans, Aiken, and West Augusta has surpassed it. Of course it is obvious why they have passed South Augusta. There is no doubt that Grovetown will be ahead of South Augusta soon.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Don't think that I'm bashing South Augusta. I have lived in Augusta all of my life and spent majority of that time in South Augusta. I remember when Windsor Spring was a two lane road, then they butchered those folks yards. I have complained on these boards and to the commissioners for years about the status of South Augusta. If the commissioners have been vocal about improving South Augusta, obviously there is a problem. The area has missed out on almost ALL of the popular chains (not sure if Applebees is still popular) and has stood pat as Evans, Aiken, and West Augusta has surpassed it. Of course it is obvious why they have passed South Augusta. There is no doubt that Grovetown will be ahead of South Augusta soon.
They just got a Walmart to open in the year 2009..... Target, the usual chain restuarants, etc are coming to South Augusta sooner or later....

South Augusta could soon draw Target, Ruby Tuesdays, and Chick-Fil-A stores | NBC Augusta 26

Quote:
I don't dispute that. There is enough people that have enough disposable income to warrant a large development, even a mall, in South Augusta. I just don't see it happening anytime soon. West Augusta keeps on getting. I saw a crane or something while driving down Walton Way Extension. It was behind the Savannah River Banking Company. West Augusta just keeps on getting. South Augusta is starting to look like a third world country compared to what's going on on the other side of town.
The construction near Savannah River bank is the Home2Suites By Hilton, Savannah River Bank subdivision, and the Exchange lane(new road).... There's a Hampton Inn under construction between I-520/Barton Chapel next to Raceway.... The Colony Plaza was recently underwent two major renovations, A-Town wings opened in the Walmart shopping center, Zacks opened near Food Lion on Tobacco/Windsor Spring, and the two Bilo's on Peach Orchard and Tobacco rd were both renovated...

Old 07-18-2012, 09:37 PM

Quote:
A girl getting shot in the head and gangs throwing each other over the 2nd floor rail isn't unnecessary.........Different analogy but I posted the exact same thing a while back. Seeing as many stores like to set up off of interstates, Augusta Mall still would have prevailed over RM and the place still would have closed. T-Bonez was around for a while after the mall closed. Just so y'all know, Sconyers is only open on the weekends. I don't really count them. Veracruz is okay. I've heard Villa Europa is good but lately their parking lot has resembled a ghost town.
I knew someone was going to bring up the crime that happen around RM like everything around AM is all preaches and cream. What about the serial killer that was kidnapping women out of AM mall parking alot and killing them. All the robbery took place in the parking lock. I guess Augusta Chronicle cover most of all the other reports up. I don't think they would have preveil just because they on the interstate if you got the what a person want then interstate don't matter(supply and demand ). We all trying to find the bad but about the good they brought to south augusta, you can what you want that mall save alot of lives because it gave peoples something to do. The crime back then was lower then now kids now killing one another left and rights. This post was about how south augusta don't have any good restaurant like west augusta it simply because RM close down. Also the stores inside the AM caters to mostly whites then blacks when the RM was even across broad. Don't take as a black or white thing it just the truth Stonecrest Mall remind of what RM use to be like when I go there. They have a good variety of stores to shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area