Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,093,442 times

Advertisements

Two new large digital billboards(15-20 feet apart from each other) are going up behind the Dunnington townhomes. They're located next to the washington road & I-20 interchange. The 150 townhome community and the two billboards will light up I-20 at night.

The view along I-20 in North Augusta when you're about to enter GA. The view at night is going to be very nice. Might be able to rival the view of downtown and the Medical District from the Calhoun expressway at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 05:03 PM

148 posts, read 263,526 times
right. Just what Washington road needs; more billboards.

Old 06-25-2010, 05:38 PM

They're not really on washington road. They're behind the Dunnington townhomes construction. They're off I-20 and next to the washington road interchange.

Washington road is major strip in West Augusta. Anything and everything around is going to be developed and renovated.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 PM

Two massive interstate projects are coming to Augusta. One of them starts next year and the other in a couple of years.
Road work has made for easy riding | The Augusta Chronicle
Keene said a widening project for Bobby Jones Expressway aka I-520 from Gordon Highway to Deans Bridge Road is scheduled to start sometime next year. The work will widen the expressway to six lanes, add signals, change the configuration of the Gordon Highway ramps and change traffic patterns and signals for the Deans Bridge Road ramps.

On Interstate 20, he said pre­con­struc­tion work is already under way with a project to replace the interstate's Augusta Canal and Savannah River bridges. "That will be a few years down the road, but the survey and design work has begun," he said.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:07 PM

998 posts, read 1,549,105 times
Now...

Get an interstate from Savannah ---> Augusta ---> Greenville or Knoxville.

Interesting though. I haven't heard anything about this road construction to be done in the article above. It's definitely gonna help things on BBJ Exwy... that 2 lane stretch on both sides from just past the Augusta Mall to Windsor Spring/Tobacco Road exit, gets very congested at various times throughout the day. That stretch gets alot of traffic from 18 wheelers headed to I-20 as well as traffic from Fort Gordon. Good deal.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:36 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
Now...

Get an interstate from Savannah ---> Augusta ---> Greenville or Knoxville.

Interesting though. I haven't heard anything about this road construction to be done in the article above. It's definitely gonna help things on BBJ Exwy... that 2 lane stretch on both sides from just past the Augusta Mall to Windsor Spring/Tobacco Road exit, gets very congested at various times throughout the day. That stretch gets alot of traffic from 18 wheelers headed to I-20 as well as traffic from Fort Gordon. Good deal.
I'd be happy with just an interstate/ctrld. access hwy. from Augusta to Savannah. Upgrade the Savannah River Parkway to interstate standards between Sav and Aug, even after those current 'upgrades' to 4 lanes was completed, the thing is still not expediting travel between us and the coast (because it is still aggravating and inconvenient to drive from here to Savannah), especially since you still have to drive through every Small Town USA between here and Savannah. That could really help Augusta link itself with the shipping industry in Savannah. Having a highway built to interstate standards would cut the travel time between Sav and Aug to under 2 hours.

Also, that Fall Line Freeway (same waste as the Sav Riv Pkwy) should also be upgraded to interstate (standards) between Augusta and Macon. That would give people traveling from I20 in Augusta and Columbia etc. easy access to I75. Then people traveling from points in the north would be able to drive to Augusta then directly to Macon to connect to I75 then on south into Florida. You wouldn't have to drive all the way from Augusta to Atlanta and then to Macon.

The highway between Sav and Aug should be the first thing completed, everything else could be put on the back burner. Ugh, maybe I'll see it happen before I die.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:39 PM

They need to six lane I-520 from Gordon hwy all the way to Doug Barnard(airport exit). I don't know why DOT is stopping at Deans Bridge road. I-520 WB from Doug Barnard to Deans Bridge road is already 6 lane. I-520 WB is going to be six lane or more from West Augusta to the Doug Barnard exit in South Augusta. While I-520 EB is going to be six lane or more from West Augusta to Deans Bridge in South Augusta(2 exits short of the Doug Barnard exit). Then it turns into 4 lanes through the Palmetto pkwy in North Augusta.

Last edited by nortonguy; 06-29-2010 at 07:55 PM..

Old 06-29-2010, 07:58 PM

ESI opened there headquarters downtown on Broad street in 2008.
ESi911

Now Augusta is starting to attract similar high-tech companies.

Global Emergency Resources opened it's corporate headquarters in the former Husqvarna building. Located off Stevens Creek road near the Washington road-20 interchange.
Global Emergency Resources

Last edited by nortonguy; 06-29-2010 at 08:09 PM..

Old 06-30-2010, 12:26 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,776,888 times
Great news for Augusta. Jobs and especially new headquarters are great to see.

Old 06-30-2010, 04:33 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,694,087 times
Announcement on 'major employer' scheduled for Thursday | NBC Augusta 26 | news, weather, sports, community, entertainment, shopping for Augusta, Georgia | Local News

Wonder what it is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area