Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 07:06 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,435,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
I'm there almost every day checking on our house. The 80 foot lots will be finished when the last section of Mitra is finished. The only other potential new roads are in the Hays county section. There are also lots on Pratolina.

Now, what we might disagree on is how fast that last section will build out. Those lots will come on line this summer, according to our agent ( and my eyeballing of the construction which is four lots from my house). Given the rapid rate of sales in our section, and the spring and summer house buying season, I don't think it unreasonable to see those lots spoken for by the end of the summer. Construction is another six months. Of course, YMMV.
I've spoken with the builder directly. You are wrong. They will be building for 2 years in the 80s and that is not in Hays! Sorry. The 80s is not rapidly selling either. I live in Meridian, you don't as of yet so I think I would know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Biggest issue for us was a comparison between the builders in Meridian versus Circle C. The fact that Weekley was building in Meridian and not in CC was the driver. I didn't want to be the experiment to see if KB could build at a higher price point. Our experience with Weekley has just confirmed that decision.

And I'd agree about the wisdom of a $750K house in Meridian. The poor folks that are trying to sell theirs for that are fighting the fact that Weekley can put you in just as much house for $500 - 550K. Sad thing is, they had only been in less than six months.
Have to disagree. The 700K house is far superior to the Weekleys. It borders on custom. The 80s is just bigger houses with essentially the same subcontractors as the 70s and 55s. Production housing.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newie80 View Post
Who was the builder in the Muirfield area of Circle C? Those homes looked very nice and the are close to the tennis club(since that is important to the OP).

oh yea, I saw those houses in that area - not too impressed w/ the inside of the homes. Would like to buy a nice home in that area.

Btw, do you know how the tennis club is like by any chance? I heard it could get pretty busy, can it be too crowed? I also heard that the female players from there are pretty good
Muirfield goes fast on resale and almost at full value. If you are considering resale, I would buy in Muirfield in a heartbeat.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:57 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,279,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llkltk View Post
Have to disagree. The 700K house is far superior to the Weekleys. It borders on custom. The 80s is just bigger houses with essentially the same subcontractors as the 70s and 55s. Production housing.
That $750K house that is on sale on Pratolina was built by Scott Felder. Near custom?

Old 01-12-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
That $750K house that is on sale on Pratolina was built by Scott Felder. Near custom?
Nope not Scott Felder. Used to be Newmark and it was built by Newmark's custom home unit, Federick Harris. You really haven't done your research! The interiors are better than what is in the 80s. Think what you want, but I've seen the difference. The 55s, 70s, and 80s are all similar interiors. 80s might have more included features, but people in the 55s, 70s have upgraded to get there houses looking the same.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:18 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
If you're talking about the only house for sale on Pratolina that is currently listed for sale on the MLS, the MLS says Scott Felder, and the tax records say Newmark transferred it to Scott Felder with a correction deed when it was still taxed at lot value and then Scott Felder sold it to the current owners with the house built on it.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:13 PM

3,757 posts, read 9,061,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
If you're talking about the only house for sale on Pratolina that is currently listed for sale on the MLS, the MLS says Scott Felder, and the tax records say Newmark transferred it to Scott Felder with a correction deed when it was still taxed at lot value and then Scott Felder sold it to the current owners with the house built on it.
It looks like you HAVE done YOUR research.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
It was built by Federick Harris(Newmark).

Old 01-13-2011, 06:05 AM

92 posts, read 308,782 times
I'm kinder confused! So maybe it was built by Newmark Federick Harris 1st then Scott Felder took over and finished building the house, and now the current owners are the ppl who had this home custom built for them, or the house was already built when the current owner bought the house!?

Anyway, still looking around to find the fit community -so many to choose from! What do ya'll think of Loma Vista? Will start to explore diff communities on the weekends before we start on any house hunt....

Old 01-13-2011, 09:08 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newie80 View Post
I'm kinder confused! So maybe it was built by Newmark Federick Harris 1st then Scott Felder took over and finished building the house, and now the current owners are the ppl who had this home custom built for them, or the house was already built when the current owner bought the house!.
Good reason to be confused. The tax records appear to contradict what llkltk is stating as absolute fact. Wouldn't be the first time the tax records have been in error, though that's usually something like square footage (builder's plans filed with the tax department are in error with the finished product, or someone did an addition and word never got to the tax office, things like that). The correction deed putting the property in Scott Felder's name rather than Newmark's is a puzzler, as well. Correction deeds are usually because of some sort of error on the original deed. Would need to read the deed to find out what the error was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin