Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 10:56 AM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena22 View Post
Like I mentioned before, I know every city has their own issues. As long as interracial dating is not an issue, I can deal with all the other obstacles there may be. About changing the way I look for a partner; say that to the thousands of single women over 30 down here, I'm sure they'd give u a piece of their mind, ha ha. The only thing I haven't seen is women knocking on men's doors. I've seen all kinds of tactics to meet and keep a man. I've grown from past experiences, now more than ever I know what I want and what I won't put up with. I have patience, pride and self-respect; I'll wait until I meet the right person and won't rush just because my clock is ticking.
That seems sort of strange to me because less than a month ago the men of this board were complaining that there were not enough women in Austin. A few months back women were complaining there were not enough men. Then a few months back men were complaining there were not enough women. etc etc etc etc.

It makes me wonder why you singles all have so much trouble finding each other. Straight people be crazy.

Oh well, I am no expert in this category. I haven't been single since I was 17 years old and have never even really been on a date. So I wouldn't know the first thing about how to find a significant other if I was single tomorrow. I just don't understand why it would be so hard. Just grab someone. Simple.

With all my single gay friends, I KNOW why they are single. EVERYBODY knows why they are single. It boils down to unrealistic expectations. I sure hope that is not the case with you.

Is there another reason prompting your move? Or are you considering moving halfway across the country SOLELY based on the idea that you will be in a better dating scene? I assume your job is moving here, or something like that? right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 11:32 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Hi CptnRn, thanks for your reply. What is the source of these last charts you posted? And, in what year was the data collected?
Those charts are from the City-Data web pages where they have demographic data for almost every City in the US. I'm sure they use the most recent demographic data that is available.

//www.city-data.com/
//www.city-data.com/city/Florida.html
//www.city-data.com/city/Fort-L...e-Florida.html
//www.city-data.com/housing/hou...e-Florida.html

Old 04-17-2011, 09:15 PM

150 posts, read 392,851 times
There is no issue with inter-racial dating here in Austin. It's a very liberal city. You'd like it here. I've been here 9 months already and love it here. Good luck with your search! Jeff

Old 04-17-2011, 09:45 PM

171 posts, read 422,699 times
No problem from what I've seen. I'm in Cedar Park, a pretty conservative subdivision, and it's not an issue here, either.

Ironically, the only other bit of info I've heard on Miami dating is from a 20-something guy, who told me that he's tired of the gold-diggers. He's been asked his income more times by eligible women in a year in Miami than he has his entire lifetime by everyone elsewhere. The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".

Old 04-18-2011, 06:23 PM

17 posts, read 78,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin944 View Post
Post a pic of yourself so we can see how hot you are.

Why don't you post yours???

Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 PM

17 posts, read 78,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyTX View Post

Ironically, the only other bit of info I've heard on Miami dating is from a 20-something guy, who told me that he's tired of the gold-diggers. He's been asked his income more times by eligible women in a year in Miami than he has his entire lifetime by everyone elsewhere. The plural of "anecdote" is not "data".
It goes both ways. Almost every time I meet a guy here, he asks me within the first three questions (30 seconds): "What do you do for a living?" . Translation: " Let me calculate how much money you make?". It's so obvious... I wouldn't suspect so if they would at least wait 15 minutes to ask that question.

It's interesting how men complain about gold-diggers and women say all men want is sex. It's bad for a woman to be a gold-digger but it's not bad for a man to suggest having sex within the first three dates. And it's not bad for a man to mislead or lie to a woman with the sole purpose of getting laid. I wonder what's in your friend's mind while seeing/talking to these women for the first time, hmmm. Sex???

Old 04-18-2011, 07:01 PM

732 posts, read 2,125,905 times
Quote:
It goes both ways. Almost every time I meet a guy here, he asks me within the first three questions (30 seconds): "What do you do for a living?" . Translation: " Let me calculate how much money you make?". It's so obvious... I wouldn't suspect so if they would at least wait 15 minutes to ask that question.
You shouldn't look so deeply into that question. Learning what someone does for work is a way for many people to try to relate or keep a conversation going.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM

2,211 posts, read 4,849,543 times
Just don't want to be part of this conversation.

Last edited by JayBrown80; 04-18-2011 at 07:21 PM..

Old 04-19-2011, 07:18 AM

3,078 posts, read 3,262,375 times
Quote:

It's interesting how men complain about gold-diggers and women say all men want is sex. It's bad for a woman to be a gold-digger but it's not bad for a man to suggest having sex within the first three dates. And it's not bad for a man to mislead or lie to a woman with the sole purpose of getting laid. I wonder what's in your friend's mind while seeing/talking to these women for the first time, hmmm. Sex???
If all a guy wants is sex, what difference does it make how much money you make? I don't know what circles you run, but almost all the "professional" guys I know don't factor a females balance sheet into their dating equation.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:53 AM

171 posts, read 422,699 times
Quote:
Well, after years of being told that many topics would be seen as sexist and demeaning, that's one of the 'safe' questions I can actually ask someone of the opposite sex. And it lets me know to steer clear if she replies 'chakra mechanic' or 'retro-phrenologist'.

I'm happily married, and I still ask strangers of the opposite sex that question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin