Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 01:17 PM

55 posts, read 92,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Like h886 mentioned, you have to go by a school by school basis vs. an entire district. In PISD, there are some marginal schools as well as exemplary schools. Ms JT's recommendation of Blackhawk/Falcon Pointe is a good one, as they are zoned to some great schools. Blackhawk is a golf course community. I'd recommend my own neighborhood - Greenridge - as it also is zoned to great schools and has homes in your price range (current builders are Pacesetter and Lennar). I second the recommendation of Pflugerville. The area of 685/Sh 45 is chock full o' new construction if that's your thing, and there are a number of master planned communities with amenities. I'd also recommend some of the older neighborhoods of Pflugerville such as Saxony, Willow Creek, and Heatherwilde. Mature trees, older construction, more "old town" feel to them. These neighborhoods tend not to have a lot of inventory, so that should tell you something. I think two of them are zoned to a consistently highly rated school (Timmerman).

Pflugerville is still a good bang for your buck. There are also some nice neighborhoods in your range in Round Rock, as well.
Awesome. I will map Saxony, Willow Creek, and Heatherwilde and maybe drive by to see how they are. Seems like Pflugerville is so far the best combination of livability and affordability I have seen :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 02:22 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qamarfaiz View Post
I visited the Falcon Pointe and Blackhawk areas over the weekend and both are very nice. I especially liked Facon Pointe area. It has everything one is looking for plus it seems it's far greener that where I am now(Tech Ridge). Stone Hill Shopping center is close by. Thanks a lot for the recommendation.
You're welcome. Just one word of caution: do a little research on the traffic leaving/entering Falcon Pointe during rush hour. That was a concern of ours when we looked at that area.

If commute isn't a priority, I think the area will suit you well. Good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:31 PM

55 posts, read 92,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.JT View Post
You're welcome. Just one word of caution: do a little research on the traffic leaving/entering Falcon Pointe during rush hour. That was a concern of ours when we looked at that area.

If commute isn't a priority, I think the area will suit you well. Good luck! I hope you find what you're looking for.
I maybe wrong but I guess the traffic could be because there is only one-lane street coming in and out of the entire neighborhood, maybe? That is something odd in an otherwise perfect neighborhood.. :-D

Old 06-06-2011, 04:11 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,314 times
Yes, that's exactly the problem - Kelly Lane. Not sure what they were thinking. All the traffic bottlenecks at Kelly Lane and 130, it appears.

Old 06-06-2011, 08:11 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
The Blackhawk/Falcon Pointe area have outstanding schools. The elementary schools: Rowe Lane, Murchison, Riojas will all hold there own against most public schools in the Austin area (and they are middle class schools), Kelly Lane is great as well, and the high school, Hendrickson, is solid too. For many, that area is the most desirable area as far as schools are concerned. However, Timmerman, near Pflugerville HS is a great school too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin