Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 01:41 PM

6 posts, read 9,387 times

Advertisements

I used to be a big fan of Conan's, but it seems the quality has dropped in the last few years. I still like Austin's once and a while, but would say that BJs Mediteranian is probably my current favorite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:44 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Home Slice, there's no equivalent in Austin.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:06 PM

589 posts, read 1,813,080 times
Only watching this thread until some nincompoop says "Gatti's."

Hate to say it but you need to just give up.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:18 PM

509 posts, read 1,544,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
I agree. They're definitely worth the trip.

Old 09-15-2011, 08:04 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
I can't say that I've found great pizza in the Austin area, but I think my tastes are a bit different since I'm not a fan of the thin NY style that most people seem to prefer. I've had to expand my pizza tastes a bit here. I normally try to frequent Conan's, Rockin' Tomato (Lakecreek/Anderson Mill), Niki's, Saccones, or sometimes Rounder's. Since those places are only pretty good for my tastes, sometimes I'll just go to BJ's Brewhouse, California Pizza Kitchen, or even Costco to get some pretty good chain pizza.

I used to drive all over Austin trying to find great quality pizza, but I sort of gave up after a while. And I have tried HomeSlice, Southside Flying Pizza, and all the other trendy SoCo area type places. Nothing really stands out for me. I actually had a pizza at the Draft Pick on Riverside a couple months ago shortly after they opened and it was actually pretty good. I would probably go there more often if I didn't live about an hour away with traffic. Rudino's Pizza and grinders isn't bad for a smaller national chain. I'm definitely willing to drive, but still haven't found what I'm looking for when it comes to pizza. Good luck in your quest.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:14 AM

22 posts, read 59,694 times
Home Slice

Old 09-16-2011, 08:20 AM

554 posts, read 1,746,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLadylawX View Post
Only watching this thread until some nincompoop says "Gatti's."

Hate to say it but you need to just give up.
I know several people who grew up around here and that is their favorite pizza. To me its expensive and tastes like cardboard. I would rather eat little ceasars

Old 09-16-2011, 08:41 AM

616 posts, read 854,652 times
If I want a bland pizza slice that'll end up in my lap I'll go to Home Slice(no offense to those who love it), but if I want a real tasty pizza slice I go to Gino's in RR. and I live closer to Home Slice, so that should tell you something about Gino's.

oh and when you go yo might as well order a Large or better so you won't have to drive back up there for just one slice...lol..best pizza within 100 miles of Austin.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:44 AM

616 posts, read 854,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Until you try Gino's in RR, which is really Austin too...

Old 09-16-2011, 09:06 AM

2,101 posts, read 4,527,898 times
I have yet to have any pizza in Austin that's as good as the best pizza I've had in New York City, Long Island, or Boston. The best pizza places in Austin are only about as good as an AVERAGE pizza place in those East Coast locations I mentioned.

But you know what Austin really lacks - a good local bagel place. Nobody here knows how to make a real authentic bagel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin