Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 02:25 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,956,212 times

Advertisements

There are community mental health centers in almost every area. That might be a good place to start to get some things figured out. Google community mental health center and your city.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:41 PM

746 posts, read 866,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
There are community mental health centers in almost every area. That might be a good place to start to get some things figured out. Google community mental health center and your city.
No I need FRIENDS. I've been in that kind of stuff before, never again. But everyone NEEDS to have FRIENDS, at least one. I'd probably worry less about being single for awhile if I had a good friend.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:44 PM

I don't need to get drugged up I need some friends, I need a life but don't know how to get one.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:43 PM

213 posts, read 301,701 times
Get a job. Coworkers make good friends. Friends introduce you to chicks. Be confident. Be cool. Be social. Austin is a great place for everyone. You can work and school simultaneously. Fellow students make great friends too.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:00 PM

997 posts, read 1,312,969 times
Good advice above, you just have to get out there! Either here or where you are. Risk is the spice of life.

Old 01-07-2014, 12:14 AM

147 posts, read 596,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MynameisnotPeter View Post
I wish I did have someone to talk to. I wish I could just get a life.
You can talk to me any time you'd like. Whether you just need someone to listen or to have a conversation with, feel free to inbox me.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
//www.city-data.com/housing/hou...tin-Texas.html

Chances are good that you can find what you want here, however you can't move away from yourself, so you had best start working on what is preventing you from making more friends, regardless of where you live.
I need to move away from all the aholes where I live, not myself. If nobody knows me they can't think I'm a loser because they didn't witness all the teasing I received.

Old 01-07-2014, 08:46 AM

4,710 posts, read 7,104,601 times
Peter,

You might also try a community college. Hopefully there is one in your area. Most have a freshman advising staff who can help you with selecting classes, adjusting to college, and paying for college if your parents can't help. And community colleges are much more reasonable than universities. They might also have work/study opportunities so that you could have a part time job on campus. Both work and college are good places to meet people, and these are good things to put on a resume when looking for a job later. Also, high school, since every one pretty much has to go, are by nature fairly general. At a community college you can take a class or two that is in a specific area that interests you. You might be able to meet people who have similar interests to yours. You may also find an Asperger's support group helpful. They might even have one on campus. Moving away may eventually be a good thing, but it would seem best to use all the resources where you are now, since now you apparently have a place to live. The key thing is to get into the advising office so they can help you with making a plan that fits your needs. There are good people out there! Don't give up!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:09 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,777,875 times
Go to aspy support groups and hook up with one of those girls. Your more likely to relate. Ppl with aspergers usually annoy the crap out of regular ppl. Hence the constant bullying in early life...

Old 01-07-2014, 10:31 AM

147 posts, read 596,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorfml View Post
Go to aspy support groups and hook up with one of those girls. Your more likely to relate. Ppl with aspergers usually annoy the crap out of regular ppl. Hence the constant bullying in early life...
Perhaps because these people you speak of are either uneducated or don't take the time to understand. Bullying is never okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: