Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:47 AM

33 posts, read 81,996 times

Advertisements

If so, would you recommend it?

It looks quite beautiful and seems to have a decent commute to either Research Blvd area or downtown...

Are there any downsides that I should know about beyond the high taxes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2011, 11:02 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,884,175 times
Kind of strict HOA. No cars in the driveway, strict landscaping/architectural rules, etc. Or so I have heard. Will be annexed into the City of Austin in 2017, which will mean higher water and trash rates, and perhaps slightly higher property taxes. Annexation is pretty much unavoidable for any neighborhood, especially those with big property tax bases the city wants to get a hold of, so I wouldn't avoid RP for that reason. Plus, some people might consider being in the "city proper" to be a good thing.

I think there is a regular forumer who lives there and can probably give you more info.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:55 PM

2,185 posts, read 6,435,582 times
Ha. No one enforces the no cars in the driveway or street for that matter. It is impossible to do so.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:13 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,433,072 times
As the previous poster mentioned, the HOA is stricter than most. Also, they don't have any neighborhood pools, which is unusual for similar subdivisions. You have to join the country club to use the pool, at an additional cost.

It is a beautiful area, though (I lie nearby). I would look into Steiner Ranch - very similar but with more amenities, however, the commute is a little longer.

Old 02-15-2011, 02:31 PM

33 posts, read 81,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm57553 View Post
As the previous poster mentioned, the HOA is stricter than most. Also, they don't have any neighborhood pools, which is unusual for similar subdivisions. You have to join the country club to use the pool, at an additional cost.

It is a beautiful area, though (I lie nearby). I would look into Steiner Ranch - very similar but with more amenities, however, the commute is a little longer.
Thanks for the info all. I am probably most concerned with the commute - I have heard that River Place is one of the few nice subdivisions that you can conceivably commute to either downtown or the research blvd area...

Any other choices that are ok for both of those commutes and still nice, good schools, etc?

Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,497 times
The HOA is your friend and yes they will ticket you, but they are reasonable!
The 10 mile drive to the Arboritum takes 10-20 minutes from Sun Tree park, depending on time of day and lights!

Old 02-15-2011, 08:45 PM

8,007 posts, read 10,433,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russreign View Post
Thanks for the info all. I am probably most concerned with the commute - I have heard that River Place is one of the few nice subdivisions that you can conceivably commute to either downtown or the research blvd area...

Any other choices that are ok for both of those commutes and still nice, good schools, etc?
What is your budget and where are you commuting - downtown or Research Blvd? If you will be working downtown and have the money, I would definitely check out Lost Creek. If you will be commuting to Research, you may also want to check out Canyon Creek.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,896,729 times
Riverplace is beautiful, but I didn't like the lack of community pools. So Steiner was a better choice for me. Also, Steiner has nature trails and other amenities. However, Riverplace does have an active men's outdoor basketball league, which Steiner is lacking.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:01 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,322,756 times
I would also look at Jester- it's closer on 2222 and the views are amazing.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,576,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post
Riverplace is beautiful, but I didn't like the lack of community pools. So Steiner was a better choice for me. Also, Steiner has nature trails and other amenities. However, Riverplace does have an active men's outdoor basketball league, which Steiner is lacking.
Yes we play Basketball Saturday Mornings and Sunday afternoons year round and Wednesday after work when school is out. During the school year I rent the Gym at CRMS wednesday noghts

As for the community pool and Nature trails in River Place...the Country Club is available for $100 or so per month and there is a huge Nature trail in the entire Panther Hollow stretching 5+ miles!

Find the house you want and your suroundings will be just fine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin