Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2022, 04:46 PM

9,853 posts, read 13,708,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
He is not looking for the super fancy ones, just the basics - backup camera would be really nice on a big truck, for instance, and lane warning is nice when you are a bit older and it is harder to crane your neck around. I don't think he is really looking for active assist features.

we have a 2019 model Subaru, and the changes that have occurred between 2017 and 2019 are significant - i.e. the acceleration with the blinkers starts the same, but it keeps a better 'eye' on the car in front of you and will slow back down gradually if you don't change. The active cruise control has various distances you set and they show up on the display so you can tell which one you are using.

Now, having poked around in the 2022 Subarus, they have much smoother driver assist. The cruise control is worlds ahead of where it was even in 2019. You can literally let the car drive in stop-and-go traffic and it smoothly follows the flow of traffic. It is HARD to let it do that - I think I may be too old to ever let a car do that - but if I force myself to let it, it does a really nice job.
I have a 2017 forester with eye sight and test drive a 2023 for giggles before getting the 2017. I agree there were big changes, but not enough for me to feel like a super downgrade. My ‘17 has exactly what I was looking for, the lane depart assist and blind spot detector. I could go for Apple car play, but it’s the only major thing I’m missing. I did test drive a Kia seltos that had all the bells and whistles and could tell the driver assist was heavy in that model. I just wanted the safety of the Subaru.

Congrats on the Camry, I know it was something you really were wanting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2022, 07:13 PM

11,835 posts, read 8,033,043 times
Hah. I accidently glitched Amazon.

I purchased a 27" Monitor and also a USB C port replicator for my office but right after I purchased, I decided I wouldn't need it and decided to cancel the order.. ..on Amazon, the order reads as 'canceled':

I received a big package about a week later at my front door. I thought it was just my auto-shipped motor oil so I didn't bother to check it.. ..until my motor oil came today instead.. ..so I opened package I received a week ago to find a 27" Monitor and a Port Replicator... ...I went back and checked amazon, the order still reads as canceled and I checked my credit card and I didn't get charged for it either...

...whats the right thing to do Ashbeeigh? Call Amazon immediately and inform them of their mistake or keep the merchandise and pay for it after they call me wondering about their missing items?

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 12-20-2022 at 07:27 PM..

Old 12-20-2022, 08:31 PM

They won't notice it's missing. Put it up on your Buy nothing group if you're feeling alturistic.

Old 12-21-2022, 08:35 AM

550 posts, read 498,875 times
Or contact Amazon and do the right thing.

Old 12-21-2022, 11:49 AM

I was testing to see if Ashbeeigh would give me the morale answer

but nah I already called their fulfillment center, they told me its mine

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 12-21-2022 at 11:57 AM..

Old 12-21-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post

I have you the right answer, though, no?

Old 12-21-2022, 02:08 PM

550 posts, read 498,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post

Sure, dude.

Old 12-21-2022, 06:29 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
I remember when a 17” crt monitor was “the bomb”.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:14 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,135,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
He is not looking for the super fancy ones, just the basics - backup camera would be really nice on a big truck, for instance, and lane warning is nice when you are a bit older and it is harder to crane your neck around. I don't think he is really looking for active assist features.

we have a 2019 model Subaru, and the changes that have occurred between 2017 and 2019 are significant - i.e. the acceleration with the blinkers starts the same, but it keeps a better 'eye' on the car in front of you and will slow back down gradually if you don't change. The active cruise control has various distances you set and they show up on the display so you can tell which one you are using.

Now, having poked around in the 2022 Subarus, they have much smoother driver assist. The cruise control is worlds ahead of where it was even in 2019. You can literally let the car drive in stop-and-go traffic and it smoothly follows the flow of traffic. It is HARD to let it do that - I think I may be too old to ever let a car do that - but if I force myself to let it, it does a really nice job.
2010 tundra has wiring harnesses in place for a backup camera. I added one, just changed my rearview mirror out for one with a screen. The wiring is in place in the tailgate, you just replace the tailgate handle with one that has a camera.

The opposite end of the wiring is tucked above the plastic sunglass holder in the ceiling, perfect to connect a backup rearview mirror to.

Old 12-21-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I remember when a 17” crt monitor was “the bomb”.
Well.. ..they technically still are if you accidently drop one.. ..I almost forgot how heavy those things are.

Reminds me of the days of playing Wolfenstein on DOS .. and Skifree on Windows 3.1

Oh and when Age of Empires, Quake I & II and Doom were the thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin