Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2022, 04:25 PM

11,794 posts, read 8,002,955 times

Advertisements

This probably won't be broadcasting for much longer but I will post anyway. Steam has a game called 'American Truck Simulator' which essentially allows you to drive throughout the U.S. as a truck driver... ..I haven't ever bought the game but I stumbled upon a live stream where they added a 'Texas' expansion pack.. ..and I have to admit it looks pretty spot on... Earlier they were driving on I-69c through McCallen and it looked like it was ripped right off of Google Maps...

https://steamcommunity.com/broadcast...61198938170933
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 01:44 PM

Did I beat you there Austin97?

On a side note, driving through Manhattan wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but this is Sunday and close to a Holiday too soooo...

...I actually found driving through Manhattan itself to be less chaotic than driving through Downtown Austin.. although there is definitely more traffic.. ..Pedestrians actually yield to traffic, no scooters, no right turn on red so you dont have cars pulling out infront of you randomly, there were actually traffic directors at certain intersections.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:28 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,478,210 times
I never felt happier than writing my final check to Sallie Mae to pay off the student loans.

Congrats.

Have fun in NYC N4C. Actually looks better weather wise than here. As for the traffic, Manhattan isn't terrible and it's expected..it's the daily gridlock going to/from the boroughs that can be a total soul crusher. There's a reason why many people don't drive.

Old 11-21-2022, 01:50 PM

Yea it seems that crossing the bridges and tunnels are where the problems are. Manhattan itself is a lot cleaner and easier to travel around in than I thought it would be. Even MTA trains… I actually kind of like Manhattan. It sure is expensive here though. Those tolls and food really add up. Makes our tolls look like pennies…

Old 11-24-2022, 07:04 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,126,724 times
i have found that austin food is very expensive. New york restaurants arent cheap but are comparable and for similar or better quality.

Old 11-24-2022, 07:10 PM

I feel a bit different. I have found NY food to be much more expensive but the quality is overall better.

So far this week I have visited NYC, Long Island, Atlantic City, Philadelphia, and Boston… tomorrow I begin traveling back to Austin. I have also found that people here are actually kind of friendly which is not something I was expecting…

I’m glad this week there was no snow.

Old 12-06-2022, 01:33 PM

My NYC souvenir was a case of Covid-19.. ..I'm not sure if I've ever had it before now but I was definitely a confirmed case this go around. I became very ill right after I got home sometime on the Sunday concluding the week of Thanksgiving.

Been dealing with fevers / chills / migraines for alittle over a week now. My bronchitis flared early on but my inhaler stopped it and it hasn't come back. I feel 'almost' normal right now but I do get shortness of breath if I start to get to active.. ..and yes.. I am sheltering at home and having everything delivered currently. Overall it feels like a 'VERY' bad flu / cold .. .. but I can definitely see why it could be potentially more lethal to someone elderly.

What is interesting is my family was also with me the whole time in NYC and none of them got sick, just me.

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 12-06-2022 at 01:42 PM..

Old 12-06-2022, 02:34 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,126,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
My NYC souvenir was a case of Covid-19.. ..I'm not sure if I've ever had it before now but I was definitely a confirmed case this go around. I became very ill right after I got home sometime on the Sunday concluding the week of Thanksgiving.

Been dealing with fevers / chills / migraines for alittle over a week now. My bronchitis flared early on but my inhaler stopped it and it hasn't come back. I feel 'almost' normal right now but I do get shortness of breath if I start to get to active.. ..and yes.. I am sheltering at home and having everything delivered currently. Overall it feels like a 'VERY' bad flu / cold .. .. but I can definitely see why it could be potentially more lethal to someone elderly.

What is interesting is my family was also with me the whole time in NYC and none of them got sick, just me.
what vaccines do you have?

I heard this last round was pretty bad from everyone I know who got it.

But the flu this season is also really bad as well.

Old 12-06-2022, 04:43 PM

I have Pfizer, last boosted around early August.

Old 12-06-2022, 07:23 PM

3,429 posts, read 1,562,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post

I had a feeling when you posted in the other thread. Sounds like you had worse symptoms than me. I was positive for 3 days and was done with it (albeit it took about 3 weeks to get my lungs back completely before I could resume my normal workouts...but walking around was no problem at all). The vaccine was far worse for me (and I was essentially unvaccinated when I got Covid as I was a little over 5 months into the J & J). My wife on the other had, was boosted up 3 weeks previous to getting it and was positive for 11 days. Go figure. I don't have much of a desire to boost up as the last one did a number on me and I just assume not go through that again being that I already got Covid and it wasn't that bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin