Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2021, 06:15 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I was watching on YouTube traffic accidents that were caught on dash cam. It shows just how out of the blue, in the blink of an eye, a vehicle can go completely out of control and create all sorts of havoc, changing many lives forever, in one way or another. And everything happens so fast and when it's least expected. It's a good idea to have a dash cam in your vehicle, if for no other reason but documented proof of what happened.
When you think about it, what really amazes me is how often it DOESN’T happen. All these heavy machines traveling at high speeds close together, with a human driver doing the exact right thing not to crash 99% of the time. I feel like one day in the future, people will marvel that we could do it with no automation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2021, 06:02 AM

11,804 posts, read 8,012,998 times
Friday morning on my way to Job #1, I had been pondering to myself that it had been some time since I’ve taken a Uber / Lyft passenger to SATX. I told myself, I want an Uber drive to San Antonio before this weekend ends. Well, work ends @ 5pm and I go out to make some Friday night money with the ghosts, ghouls and goblins. Mostly just house parties and a few witches. I stay out until about 3am and am contemplating on a stopping point, the market is strong and the requests are ongoing. Under the Red Texan moon I get a ride request from a darling witch and she waved her magic wand and then… …Hocus Pocus ….

*rider details are edited out*

Indeed, an offer I could not refuse despite the late night request and my intent on taking my last ride to head home… instead …I got home at 6am with a slightly fatter wallet

Last edited by Need4Camaro; 10-30-2021 at 06:15 AM..

Old 10-30-2021, 02:45 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,130,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Friday morning on my way to Job #1, I had been pondering to myself that it had been some time since I’ve taken a Uber / Lyft passenger to SATX. I told myself, I want an Uber drive to San Antonio before this weekend ends. Well, work ends @ 5pm and I go out to make some Friday night money with the ghosts, ghouls and goblins. Mostly just house parties and a few witches. I stay out until about 3am and am contemplating on a stopping point, the market is strong and the requests are ongoing. Under the Red Texan moon I get a ride request from a darling witch and she waved her magic wand and then… …Hocus Pocus ….

*rider details are edited out*

Indeed, an offer I could not refuse despite the late night request and my intent on taking my last ride to head home… instead …I got home at 6am with a slightly fatter wallet
how much is that?

Old 10-30-2021, 02:51 PM

depending on where in SATX metro anywhere between $70 and $100 - this was around $90ish

Old 10-30-2021, 03:21 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
depending on where in SATX metro anywhere between $70 and $100 - this was around $90ish
She was far west. (Think Leander/Cedar park vibes).

Old 10-30-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
She was far west. (Think Leander/Cedar park vibes).
Eh, it was inside the 410 Beltway, didn't feel like Leander / Cedar Park.., felt a bit older... ...felt more like NW Austin proper between Anderson Mill and Duval area ..farther west on I-10 where they recently finished the HOV lanes feels kinda like Leander / Cedar Park

Old 10-30-2021, 05:09 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,701,644 times
Quote:
Eh, it was inside the 410 Beltway, didn't feel like Leander / Cedar Park.., felt a bit older... ...felt more like NW Austin proper between Anderson Mill and Duval area ..farther west on I-10 where they recently finished the HOV lanes feels kinda like Leander / Cedar Park
The further west you go on LOOP 410 the more Cedar Park ish you get. I overestimated based on the way I saw the map. Yes, if it was inside 410 it is a bit more middle class. It could be a good gentrification zone for the right people. Since I don't know far northwest Austin, I'd probably call it more of 183/Payton Gin area...especially crime and reputation wise if it's where I'm thinking.

Also, update on credit. The person now has a temporary license with my address and tried to buy a car at Hertz this morning. I, on the other hand, have narrowed down my vehicle choices to either a CX-5 or Forester.

Old 10-31-2021, 07:08 AM

5,867 posts, read 11,928,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
The further west you go on LOOP 410 the more Cedar Park ish you get. I overestimated based on the way I saw the map. Yes, if it was inside 410 it is a bit more middle class. It could be a good gentrification zone for the right people. Since I don't know far northwest Austin, I'd probably call it more of 183/Payton Gin area...especially crime and reputation wise if it's where I'm thinking.

Also, update on credit. The person now has a temporary license with my address and tried to buy a car at Hertz this morning. I, on the other hand, have narrowed down my vehicle choices to either a CX-5 or Forester.
Both good choices - our friends have a 2019 Forester and I was impressed that it had so many features (for a Subaru, LOL). Also, I love the bright red color of the newer CX-5's. I joke with my husband that our car must be invisible because I've had several near misses where people almost hit me. I told him our next car is going to be bright red!

You have to jump through hoops to get a license these days - I wonder how in the world someone got one in your name. That's scary!

Old 10-31-2021, 09:34 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,342,606 times
Holy crap!
The latest email service notice from Round Rock Honda says my 2019 Civic coupe trade in value is $1,000 more than I paid for it new two years ago! Even with the usual trade-in/sticker price baloney, that is still amazing to me.
The used car market seems to be as bonkers as the real estate/housing scene.

Old 10-31-2021, 10:06 AM

4,505 posts, read 4,617,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Holy crap!
The latest email service notice from Round Rock Honda says my 2019 Civic coupe trade in value is $1,000 more than I paid for it new two years ago! Even with the usual trade-in/sticker price baloney, that is still amazing to me.
The used car market seems to be as bonkers as the real estate/housing scene.
That's interesting. I never have heard of automobiles increasing in value. How many miles have you got on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin