Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2022, 12:21 PM

11,778 posts, read 7,989,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
The car was purchased from a small lot on South Congress. It actually was a trade-in at Austin Subaru so they had all the details of the car when I went and took it in. The place I bought it from sold it at a low price as well and I was desperate since my car was totaled. Control arm brushing, o rings for the ac, battery full-body throttle, brake pads, air filter, oil filter, one wheel bearing, wind shield wipers....I may get the second set of brake pads done somewhere else and get new tires as well on my own. The tires are getting close to replaceable and the other set of brakes are getting close to needing to be replaced anyway. The guy I bought it from just glanced at the tires and was like, "They're fine.." but every other place I've been has said that I'll need them soon.

My first lyft driver was a disaster, his app crashed and it had him sitting at a light for like 15 minutes and then he just poof, showed up. The second guy had to be BRazilian and wasn't as personable, but I know driver personalities are different, just like people are in general. (But to be fair I think I've had two female drivers ever in the few times I've needed to use rideshare and it's always car related).
I saw your car at the dealer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2022, 01:50 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,330,473 times
:d:d:d:d

Old 03-31-2022, 02:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times
Okay but have you all seen the Daniel Mac tik tok/Instagram account? You car guys would get a kick out of it. It’s just a guy in his twenties walking up to people with expensive cars saying, “hey, I like your car, what do you do for a living?” It’s probably staged by now but it’s hilarious.

Old 04-01-2022, 07:09 AM

Admittedly once in awhile when I pull up to a nice house doing Uber I’ll compliment and ask the passenger the same thing… sometime it turns out to just be an Airbnb

I am heavily considering buying a Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV around October or November of this year. Assuming nothing goes wrong both my SS and my Prius should be paid off by then. I personally want more range or lower recharge times out of todays EV’s but I really need that tax credit. I may trade the Prius in for it and continue doing Ubers in the EV with the only major issue is that… …after driving around a lot a long trip request could cause me to need to recharge.

I wonder what would happen if I bought the vehicle then took the tax credit and traded it?

Old 04-01-2022, 07:13 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post

I wonder what would happen if I bought the vehicle then took the tax credit and traded it?
Not sure on the details, but I can almost guarantee you that you would be in breach of the rules related to the rebate and would be very exposed to the government 'addressing' the issue....

Old 04-01-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
Not sure on the details, but I can almost guarantee you that you would be in breach of the rules related to the rebate and would be very exposed to the government 'addressing' the issue....

I figured as much… but I was curious.

It’s a pretty hard choice between the Ioniq 5 and the Toyota Camry Hybrid. If it weren’t for the rebate I’d go for the Camry without a second thought but I will owe a lot of taxes this year.

Old 04-01-2022, 10:36 AM

9,848 posts, read 13,689,106 times
I still love the Kia niro. They also have an EV. I saw an ioniq EV the other day and it looked very Tesla like.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:11 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,873,665 times
Saw my first Rivian pickup today, at a charging location. I’m looking at all EV options for our next vehicle. Tough to compare to Tesla because they are so much faster and the supercharger locations just keep popping up around me. But they keep getting more expensive. Argh.

Old 04-01-2022, 11:42 AM

Yea the Ioniq 5 looks way different than the Ioniq Hybrid. I do wish they could make EV’s look more like ordinary cars rather than these boxy futurstic designs that they think are so alluring. A Tesla would be nice but no rebate unfortunately.

Old 04-01-2022, 12:36 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,873,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
Yea the Ioniq 5 looks way different than the Ioniq Hybrid. I do wish they could make EV’s look more like ordinary cars rather than these boxy futurstic designs that they think are so alluring. A Tesla would be nice but no rebate unfortunately.
Yeah, they are doing that for marketing. People want everyone to know they are driving an EV.

But that's no different than anything else in the auto industry. If they made a BMW that was the fastest, most reliable ever but it looked like a Chevy -- no one would buy it. A Jeep that looks like a Mazda wouldn't sell. Etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin