Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2020, 04:30 AM

6,063 posts, read 6,014,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What did I miss? Is there new polling out? Or is this just trolling and lies like the rest of your post that I snipped?
I'll leave the trolling to the master. Yourself. Do keep snipping as there is really not a lot else you can do.

That's apart from celebrating the good news. The responsable states have done the hard yards and now about to experience the rewards.

Time to celebrate the good fortune that has paid off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2020, 05:42 AM

9,048 posts, read 3,541,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
I'll leave the trolling to the master. Yourself. Do keep snipping as there is really not a lot else you can do.

That's apart from celebrating the good news. The responsable states have done the hard yards and now about to experience the rewards.

Time to celebrate the good fortune that has paid off.
Yes, yes, I get your messaging troubes, and I get why you never answer a question

Old 09-18-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, yes, I get your messaging troubes, and I get why you never answer a question
I get why you keep asking the same question in attempt to muddy the waters, even after it has been explained to you, but all, by the way.

I have said time to applaud the sensible precautions undertaken by State Governments, following Heath advise, to which the benefits we shall increasingly be able to reap.

Time to stop cheap politicking, attempting Brownie point gain here and there and really just being an apologist for the other side of politics, whose longer term interests do not adhere well to the majority, but another subject.

For now the barriers are cautiously coming down, most the country is health wise in good shape, unlike Europe which attempted to speed the process, or USA that did nothing.

It's a time to look forward to reap the benefits of the cautious approach as we go into the future.

Old 09-18-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I have said time to applaud the sensible precautions undertaken by State Governments, following Heath advise, .

For now the barriers are cautiously coming down,
troubes, imagine if the WA premier had followed the health advice of his CHO, the barriers to SANT could have come down long ago.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:23 PM

Quote:
troubes, imagine if the WA premier had followed the health advice of his CHO, the barriers to SANT could have come down long ago.
Don't you worry about WA. No need. The WA Government following health advise is reaping the rewards.
Has been for some time now.

While not is favour of tax payers subsidizing the developers and building building industry. But being Australia certain interest groups are always going to influence the shots

No. The only beef about borders, is as you should know by now, as I've informed you countless times, the inability to leave Australia, a fundamental right The Fed's have taken away.

Bizarre policy at best. Devious at worst. Anyway QLD appears on a role. Fed's shot themselves in the foot. They soon withdraw support from Palmer and court action, when realized the consequences in WA. Annihilation. Obviously no loss but politics is in general in a sorry state in Australia. Smoke and mirrors.

Old 09-18-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
The WA Government following health advise is reaping the rewards.
Has been for some time now.
If by "following health advise (sic)", you mean ignoring the WA Chief Health Officer as per his own testimony to the court.......

I see it is still opposite day in troubeland.

Old 09-19-2020, 01:56 AM

Quote:
If by "following health advise (sic)", you mean ignoring the WA Chief Health Officer as per his own testimony to the court.......

I see it is still opposite day in troubeland.
Meanwhile Covidiots in Melbourne, who have most likely never entertained a political thought worth mentioning to date, are endangering the good work done to date, by 'protesting' in Melbourne.

Meanwhile the Ferguson columnist has written in 'The Australian' in what laughably called in some quarters a newspaper, has admitted the only good thing to come out of the lock down, was Andrew's government success in reducing numbers.
Someone give a hint to Fergi, that's the aim of the whole operation. He was struggling to keep up with the no let down condemnation (under Murdoch orders, no doubt) of the Andrew's government.

As for WA. No the Health Chief has not spoken against The Premier. He testified the low risk. But rejoice WA is booming. No signs of virus here and people behaving as per normal.

Apart from Intrastate travel and The Fed's keeping us all (for most part) in lock down, unable to leave the country. Again only country of significance to do so.

Old 09-19-2020, 04:09 AM

3,809 posts, read 3,020,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Finally some commonsense starting to be shown by that wombat up in Queensland. Residents of the ACT will be allowed to enter Qld by air and must have not entered NSW for at least two weeks prior to arrival in Qld. So basically they were happy to just follow South Australia's lead after all that nonsense about protecting Qlders.
Yeah read about that.
But the whole of NSW still cannot go to Qld, which is ridiculous.
WA is the same, but the isolation bubble over there would make it even less likely and less pressing.
SA will be relaxing the border with NSW as soon as next week.
NT have had it right for a while, just banning Covid hotspot areas.

Old 09-19-2020, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Yeah read about that.
But the whole of NSW still cannot go to Qld, which is ridiculous.
WA is the same, but the isolation bubble over there would make it even less likely and less pressing.
SA will be relaxing the border with NSW as soon as next week.
NT have had it right for a while, just banning Covid hotspot areas.
Yes, that is the frustrating thing, it is about politics and parochialism in Qld and WA. The WA premier even using it as an excuse to oust interstate FIFO mining workers. It explains why he ignored his own CHO on the recommendation to open the SANT borders. Opportunism at its finest.

Old 09-19-2020, 06:55 PM

3,809 posts, read 3,020,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Finally some commonsense starting to be shown by that wombat up in Queensland. Residents of the ACT will be allowed to enter Qld by air and must have not entered NSW for at least two weeks prior to arrival in Qld. So basically they were happy to just follow South Australia's lead after all that nonsense about protecting Qlders.
Quote:
Yes, that is the frustrating thing, it is about politics and parochialism in Qld and WA. The WA premier even using it as an excuse to oust interstate FIFO mining workers. It explains why he ignored his own CHO on the recommendation to open the SANT borders. Opportunism at its finest.
WA Premier is just pandering to the already ingrained and unfettered parochialism over there.
You only have to read some of the comments on Reddit etc to see that. (WA pays the bills for the East etc)
But stopping SA and NT, 2 states and territories that have nil or negligible cases, just doesn't make any medical or health sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand