Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2020, 07:06 PM

6,057 posts, read 6,002,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Admirable effort there troubes But the lack of conviction in your trolling is clear.
Can't return any compliment, I'm afraid. My conviction into the great work being done, by and large to date, by both WA and QLD, in their conviction in placing public health ahead of all else, regardless of the ongoing flak from Alt Right, even requiring police protection to top health official after death threats.

All I get in exposing the hypocrisy of those on the Right is a feeble accusation of trolling. Shows they've already lost the debate battle.

Anyway the main thing is QLD stays strong. Ignores the faux outrage of The Right and gets on with doing the job of protecting QLD's.

Things shouldn't be long before positive news should start to flow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2020, 08:03 PM

4,240 posts, read 4,920,854 times
Quote:
TPP has had LNP in front for quite a while but very slim. Most recent on 2 Sep though has seen TPP move out to 56% for LNP.

However, current news reporting is that the ALP has spent 500k in recent days on further polling on the popularity of border closures etc. It must be telling her that her stance is popular, otherwise she would change it given the border decisions are driven by her re-election campaign.

I imagine her focus group work is telling her keeping the PM out is seen as her being strong.

Going to be very interesting.
I hope she gets her arse handed to her. Although once she's gone the federal government is going to need a new whipping boy to paper over the disastrous job they're doing of getting Australians home.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:51 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,538,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the troubadour View Post
Can't return any compliment, I'm afraid. My conviction into the great work being done, by and large to date, by both WA and QLD, in their conviction in placing public health ahead of all else, regardless of the ongoing flak from Alt Right, even requiring police protection to top health official after death threats.

All I get in exposing the hypocrisy of those on the Right is a feeble accusation of trolling. Shows they've already lost the debate battle.

Anyway the main thing is QLD stays strong. Ignores the faux outrage of The Right and gets on with doing the job of protecting QLD's.

Things shouldn't be long before positive news should start to flow.
Trolling is being kind troubes. The other alternatives to your posting on this topic is: hypocrisy, abandonment of your stated principles to support your team, complete unawareness of what is actually going or inability to process what is going on.

Given the absolute fact that the bold is not what is going on, then yes, you are simply trolling.

Old 09-16-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
I hope she gets her arse handed to her. Although once she's gone the federal government is going to need a new whipping boy to paper over the disastrous job they're doing of getting Australians home.
A competent and principled new Premier will do more than take 500 per week to assist the Feds. But yes, Scomo should absolutely be looking to mobilise federal resources to speed up the process.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Trolling is being kind troubes. The other alternatives to your posting on this topic is: hypocrisy, abandonment of your stated principles to support your team, complete unawareness of what is actually going or inability to process what is going on.

Given the absolute fact that the bold is not what is going on, then yes, you are simply trolling.
Given the fact that you that you appear to not possess much of case , remotely argueing why State Governments should not be following own health advisories, it is obviously you who are trolling.

Instead of attempting personal attacks and accusations, as I have remained steadfast in support of governments putting own residents ahead of being bullied and pressured by lobbyists, and those seeking short term political gain.

Obviously Victoria, is being given a rest now, with the QLD elections close and to the Alt Right, fearing it's not at all going their way, desperation among ranks is creeping in.

Your complete inability, deliberate, due to ideological reasons to arrive at the realization that the game is very likely up, is I feel a charade and last ditch attempt to mount a rear guard action. Doomed for failure.

As I said, Palmer will help the good cause to maintain the present government (the best of the pick)

QLD's will give their verdict in due course. If not liking the result, best move to NSW for own sense of well being.

Old 09-17-2020, 01:17 AM

Quote:
governments putting own residents ahead of being bullied and pressured by lobbyists, and those seeking short term political gain.
Wouldn't that be good! Tell the Qld Premier to try it lol.

It is opposite world in the world of troubes.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't that be good! Tell the Qld Premier to try it lol.

It is opposite world in the world of troubes.
The Australia Health Protection Committee, is what and rightly so, what the QLD govt is acting on.

That being the peak health decision making committee, so best address your non arguement , to those with like minded agenda's and not attempt to sell it as something else.

But praise the lord, your political preferences, look to be further away than ever.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:28 AM

Quote:
The Australia Health Protection Committee, is what and rightly so, what the QLD govt is acting on.

That being the peak health decision making committee, so best address your non arguement , to those with like minded agenda's and not attempt to sell it as something else.

But praise the lord, your political preferences, look to be further away than ever.
If only you were right troubes. But just as you had no idea of the advice the WA CHO gave his Premier, you have no idea about what is happening in Qld.

The areas you are wrong have been pointed out many times. But you aren't alone. Given so many citizens are so poorly informed when they vote, the Qld Premier still has a chance of winning. Many will fall for the playbook designed by her focus groups.

As an aside, I've noticed that the harder you troll, the worse your spelling, grammar and syntax gets.

Old 09-17-2020, 02:44 AM

Quote:
If only you were right troubes. But just as you had no idea of the advice the WA CHO gave his Premier, you have no idea about what is happening in Qld.

The areas you are wrong have been pointed out many times. But you aren't alone. Given so many citizens are so poorly informed when they vote, the Qld Premier still has a chance of winning. Many will fall for the playbook designed by her focus groups.

As an aside, I've noticed that the harder you troll, the worse your spelling, grammar and syntax gets.
So only you are right and QLD wrong. What conceited arrogance but hardly untypical on your part.

The QLD Premier will win because of the job she has done following the recommendations of The Australian Health Protection Committee.
Just because you don't chose to listen to professionals and go off on own rant , clueless to the realities, or pretending to be, well that's your problem no one else need apply to that

I guess I'm just bored with the constant repetitive nature of your posts and trolling. (Actually when some one accuses another of trolling, it is highly suggestive of them having lost the arguement. It is purely a feeble attempt by that poster to demean the other, as unable to get far with words)

Old 09-17-2020, 03:09 AM

Quote:
So only you are right and QLD wrong. What conceited arrogance but hardly untypical on your part.

The QLD Premier will win because of the job she has done following the recommendations of The Australian Health Protection Committee.
Just because you don't chose to listen to professionals and go off on own rant , clueless to the realities, or pretending to be, well that's your problem no one else need apply to that

I guess I'm just bored with the constant repetitive nature of your posts and trolling. (Actually when some one accuses another of trolling, it is highly suggestive of them having lost the arguement. It is purely a feeble attempt by that poster to demean the other, as unable to get far with words)
Ok, maybe you aren't trolling. You really are just ill-informed. Happy to give you the benefit of the doubt on that arguement (sic).

The simple fact is that she isn't operating under health advice, she is picking and choosing what advice to follow based on what she thinks will help her election outcomes. The AFL being exhibit A, or as you would say, succumbing to vested interests and big business ahead of the health of the State.

Then when the decisions prove unpopular, she says "I don't make the decisions". Truly appalling "leadership". She, like Dan Andrews, is a liar and bordering on corrupt. Time will tell on that score.

Show me the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) advice that said bring in 400 people from Melbourne for a holiday without appropriate quarantine. There was however a political strategy that said the decision may be popular and having her photo taken with the AFL Cup would be a winner.

Show me the AHPPC advice that said let NSW children die, but let the AFL in for a photo op. Show me the AHPPC policy that says the Qld CHO should assess how much money someone will bring in when determining their application to enter the State. It's pathetic and far below the normal low standards of politicians in an election year.

I understand you share the same standards because hers is the team you root for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand